• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Sig Kilo 2200

SNAFU308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2012
The Land Downunder
Well I know most of the hype is over the 2400 ABS but I have been quietly interested in the 2200.

Just arrived today........

Don't expect it to perform like my Terrapin has but it's compact and if it can range everything I aim it at inside 1200m i'll be pretty happy. Will post more once i've had a decent chance to test it out....

I have a feeling it's going to surprise you. I looked at the spec sheets and it's only rated about 100yds shy of the 2400s ratings.

1300 instead of 1400 on deer, 1700 instead of 1800 on tree lines, up to 2 miles on reflective stuff...

May wind up being very appealing to those that don't want the built in solver!

I have the 2200 as well as the 2000. The 2200 has not performed any differently compared to my 2000...

I have the 2200 as well as the 2000. The 2200 has not performed any differently compared to my 2000...

That's good to know, I was wondering if the price difference was worth the upgrade to the 2200. I believe I'll finally be picking up a kilo 2000 soon!

That's good to know, I was wondering if the price difference was worth the upgrade to the 2200. I believe I'll finally be picking up a kilo 2000 soon!

It's damn amazing, love mine. Hoping to get out and use it more now that the snow is receding.

Real-world differences I have noticed though:

1. LED display is brighter on the 2000 (yes, I have set them both to their max brightness setting)
2. Reticle is indeed smaller and easier to aim on the 2200. And the laser is calibrated a bit better (to center) on the 2200.
3. The milling portion of the 2200 reticle is useless. It's gradations are something like 10 mil increments. I don't know why anybody would need that outside of a novelty. Like when would you need to measure 10, 20, 30, or 40 mil of windage through a rangefinder? At first I turned that portion of the reticle on, but I quickly realized it served no purpose.

Real-world differences I have noticed though:

1. LED display is brighter on the 2000 (yes, I have set them both to their max brightness setting)
2. Reticle is indeed smaller and easier to aim on the 2200. And the laser is calibrated a bit better (to center) on the 2200.
3. The milling portion of the 2200 reticle is useless. It's gradations are something like 10 mil increments. I don't know why anybody would need that outside of a novelty. Like when would you need to measure 10, 20, 30, or 40 mil of windage through a rangefinder? At first I turned that portion of the reticle on, but I quickly realized it served no purpose.

3 - handy for target identification off landmarks...can be used if needed to ID/spot for another person

ex: "big rock, come down 20 mils, and right 15 mils..." faster and more accurate than "big rock, come down and right at 4-5 o clock..."

3 - handy for target identification off landmarks...can be used if needed to ID/spot for another person

ex: "big rock, come down 20 mils, and right 15 mils..." faster and more accurate than "big rock, come down and right at 4-5 o clock..."

That does make sense, thanks. I guess I didn't think of that because my application is more sport/competition. If someone were spotting for me while hunting or if I were a soldier, maybe it'd be more applicable.

You still have to do range estimation with binos at the school house. 10 MIL reticle.

other than that yeah kinda useless.

I'm guessing the samecrange finding guts as the 2009 since it's only rated for 100 further than 200. To me that us only marketing and can never be prooved in the field. Of course if it doesn't shoot specs dig will say it's due to weather conditions.

What is 2400 rated that closely to 2000 are we really only talking like 200 yrs from 2000 to 2400.
are all 3 same guts?

What is 2400 rated that closely to 2000 are we really only talking like 200 yrs from 2000 to 2400.
are all 3 same guts?

idk any of their specs cause i havent cared to look them up, but ive had my 2400 out on the same day side by side against 2 other 2000s...the 2400 was getting readings off single bushes at 1400-1500 yds, the 2000s were only making it 1000-1100...1500 was the furthest i could range small objects before the tree line, so the gap may be larger, but i havent been able to check it yet

I bought the 2200 and am disappointed in the mil reticle. I was hoping to use it to practice ranging objects (and check my calculations immediately with laser) but the graduations are too large. Guess I should have expected that from 7x. The rest of the rangefinder has worked on everything I've tried it on but I have not compared it to the 2000.