• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig kilo 2400 abs problem

kurtlaughton

Private
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2010
Frazeysburg, Ohio
So I picked up a sig 2400 abs, and was excited to try it out. I set it up, get to the range and it high 70's and sunny. I hit the target get the dope and set it on the table and shoot. After a while it heats up in the sun and it's temperature sensor says 105°. I set it in the shade and it never cooled back down. I took it home and put it in the house at 70° and a hour later it is still 93°. If it don't take accurate temp reading it is worthless. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Well, heat is the enemy of any piece of electronic gear. I wouldn't let my ammo cook in the sun let alone a 1300 dollar LRF.

You are going to have to keep it in the shade, but how will that work with the calculations?

I just couldn't be leave it took it that long to cool down. With my kestrel it dont matter just swirl it around a few times and it cools right off.

I'm not seeing the problem. It probably was 105 at the sensor after baking in the sun. It took longer than you wanted to cool off... that's your issue? Don't leave it cooking in the sun.

Did you hit the target with it?

I haven't found the sensor to be very accurate. Usually off by 10 degrees.