• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Kilo 2400 with AB

Diesel77

Private
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2017
Spokane, WA
Quick test update. I ran the Kilo 2400 v. Kestrel 4500 AB v. DA Cards. I didn't open any ballistic electronics up until I verified my DA card was accurate for my atmosphere. I put the DA cards away and fired up the 4500...I was spot on out to 1110 yds (farthest range shot). I then did the same test with the Kestrel 2400. It was just as accurate to .1 mils to 1110 yds.

My review of the 4500 is 9 of 10. It can get a bit tricky without being able to see the profile name in the rangefinder (it only shows profile 1, 2, 3, 4). It was a bit of trial and error to realize that unless you update all profile in your app, the rangefinder will automatically place the latest edited (and synced) profile into position 1. Huh....223 data doesn't bode well for a 6.5 Creedmore. All in all, I think the 2400 is an amazing piece of gear....hey, it even comes with a pen.

ill throw another thumbs up in for the 2400...used it at the last match, left kestrel in the bag...hit everything with the DOPE provided by the 2400...also had it out yesterday and was getting readings off some trees at 1400 yds while 2 kilo2000s could not get a consistent reading past 1100

Thanks Doc! The HUD is a pretty neat tool....as well as effective when you have the Kilo mounted to a tripod and shake like hell trying to range a target...hit the button on the HUD and it does the work for you.

I have been pleased with mine thus far. I wanted to see if I could range deer through a typical hunting scenario so I hiked up a mountain down the road to look down on some mule deer. I think it will be good hunting tool, backed up with my dope cards of course.

If this had the laser and etched reticle of my PLRF15 it would be fabulous indeed.

Attachments

• photo47685.jpg
    photo47685.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 30
  • photo47686.jpg
    photo47686.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 35
  • photo47687.jpg
    photo47687.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 34
  • photo47688.jpg
    photo47688.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Reactions: Pat Mullady
Ok, played with the 2400 more today on animals stacked up today with grass/obstacles/etc between 225 - 900 yards and found that the "LAST" setting is best when interpreting the correct range for for the desired target. So at this point "BEST" is last and "LAST" is best for my purposes...

Well, after playing with it today on steel instead of animals, I got better results by using "Best" rather than "LAST" - I suppose because of the reflectivity of the steel. Using "LAST" if I did not get the beam just right just right I would get the ground below or the sage behind at times. Using "BEST" I got the steel correct everytime (verifying with the PLRF15)...still on soft targets like multiple antelope "LAST" enabled me to differentiate the animal I wanted versus the others in the herd.

The more I hear about these RF's the more I think I need one. Thanks for the hands-on, in the field, experiences.

The more I use it, the more I like it. I went out in 20-30 mph winds the other day and hit a 10" plate 2 out 3 of times with my 300N @ 1120. I do wish that the beam was .5x2 instead of round 1.3x1.3, but the hyper scan is a fabulous and a big help on that issue.