• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Kilo 2400

Bulletsmith

Private
Minuteman
  • Jul 11, 2017
    Over there
    I received a new 2400 last week and I was able to load my 6.5x47 Lapua data and do a little shooting. After setting everything up I attached it to my tripod and ranged a target at 963 yds. it gave me the come ups and sent one round down range. I was shooting at a red dot that is about 2in. diameter and the first round impacted just about 2in left of the target. The elevation was on call. I then ranged another target at 700yds and once I adjusted the scope I sent one round down range and the impact was perfect elevation.

I was not able to get my 308 set up so that will be another day, but it was and absolute breeze to operate and I look forward to using it in the future. Only thing I did not like was the Battery, I have CR123's but I guess the performance makes up for the much more $ battery. Mike

ive been using mine since Feb, love the thing....ranges awesome, dope is spot on...only thing i dont like is having to cycle thru the wind speeds

I just got a Sig Kilo 2400 I have only had a chance to use it out to 600yds, but so far this thing has been absolutely spot on at all ranges in between. We have random steel targets pretty much every 50yds out to six hundred there is something to shoot at. I had a friend just randomly range targets and tell me the corrections it called for and every time it was spot on. I can't wait to take out further.

Only thing I did not like was the Battery, I have CR123's but I guess the performance makes up for the much more $ battery. Mike[/QUOTE]

I go through a lot of the cr123 batteries for work,so i buy a couple hundred at a time. If you buy them from batteryjunction.com you can get energizer for $1.30 if you buy 50+. I tried the cheapo ones and they suck, rechargeable don't charge as fast as i kill them.
    http://www.batteryjunction.com/energizer-cr123a.html

Dave

Have not used mine much yet, but getting it set up for hunting.

I was asked about my rig so these are the details: go to Amazon and type in “Dual Camera Photo Bracket Mount 2 Twin Cameras for 3D 3-D Stereo Stereoscopic Photography” for $17 you get the bar that mounts to your tripod (heavy duty ball mount to aim the whole rig) with a quick disconnect so I can pull it off fast and put the rifle on once I get my dope (you can set it up how you like). I put the Bino mount on one side of this bar and put a small ball mount for the range finder on the other side with a quick disconnect so I can change out the rangefinder for my spotting scope with quick disconnect on bottom of spotter. Ball mount; Andoer Tripod Head, 360 Degree Fluid Rotation Camera Tripod Ball Head with Quick Release Plate, Max Load 8kg/17.64lbs for Canon 5D markII III Rebel T6 Nikon D, this was $20 off Amazon. I wanted a small ball mount so I can sit and glass with binos, then point the spotter or range finder at the same target. I think I will really like it but have not put it to field use yet, will start practicing with in a month or two to be ready for Rocky Mt. Elk hunt this fall. My Tripod is a PRST Carbon Fiber Tripod with a Sunwayfoto GNN XB-52DL Ball Head, and not shown is my Hogg Saddle with quick release to get the rifle on tripod when it is go time.

Attachments

• photo75018.jpg
      photo75018.jpg
      143.3 KB · Views: 54
    Last edited:
    Reactions: airborne_trooper
    So I was able to test my Sig 2400 AB against a Terrapin Vetronix Laser up to 2450yds at a friends farm while we were setting up our ELR range. The SIG was getting ranges a little quicker than the Terrapin. I lazed a small cleared area that was covered with white sand and the SIG returned a distance of 1250yds and the terrapin did not get a reading. All of the lasers were on a RRS tripod. The SIG was the only one that was able to get a reading on the 1700 yard target and the 2450 target. We have 9x7 AR500 steel sheets (about 5-600Lbs each !) of steel at both ranges and they are painted white. Now when I lazed trees and bushes at under 1000yds they both returned ranges quickly and within 1yd, That could be from two different people looking at different spots. And the best part about the SIG, it gave ballistic data for all of the lazed distances.

I have been using the 2400 app on a iPhone since I got it, but I just recently got a Samsung Android based phone and a few observations I have noticed is on the Samsung it seems to sync much faster and when finished it says "synchronizing was successful" on the iPhone it just stops showing the spining icon and left you wondering did it give up or did it actually synchronize also on the hud screen it actually shows the name of the current rifle profile you are using. I like it much better on the Samsung and wished I had switched along time ago.