• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Kilo 3k Or?

Mauser48

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 17, 2018
Looking for a decent monocular style rangefinder to range out to about 1200 yards accurately. Just need it to get distance to place targets really. Don't care too much about it having applied ballistics and don't need a binocular/rangefinder combo. Looking mainly at the sig kilo 2800 and 3000. I think $300 or less can get me what I need realistically. Any other options I should look at or suggestions? I've never owned a rangefinder so not sure what specs and features I should be looking at exactly.

Looking around everyone seems to be happy with the sig lineup so I picked up the kilo 3000 from cameraland for $280 shipped.

Have you had a chance to evaluate the Sig KILO3K? I’m in the same boat right now, and looking into this, plus a few other models. I’d be interested to hear your impressions.

Have you had a chance to evaluate the Sig KILO3K? I’m in the same boat right now, and looking into this, plus a few other models. I’d be interested to hear your impressions.

I've used it a bit. I ranged everything at my shooting range and all the targets were spot on to what they're marked at so it definitely seems accurate. The app is nice to change the settings on the rangefinder. It's kind of confusing trying to change the settings with just the prompts on the rangefinder itself. I ranged some houses about 1200 yards away but nothing farther yet. It would be hard to range anything small and far away without a tripod but I think that's just the way it goes. So far I'd buy it again for what I do.