• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Kilo 6k HD

BigJohn141

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2011
Timnath, Co
Anyone heard any info on the 6k yet? Was thinking about the 3000BDX but they are similar money and have environmental onboard. I’m guessing they will be running AB ultralight so they don’t directly compete with the 10k? It would be nice if they have a display like the 10k though.

I just received mine today from a Hunt Expo order. Best option I've found by far, slimmer and lighter than most. Processor is fast, I have hit rock at 2 miles (3518yrds) with it so far and it will likely do more. Picture is through the binos but not the max range I hit. They were clear into the evening. I got the 10x32s and have no regrets of not getting the 42s after this evening.

Attachments

• 20220705_195924.jpg
    20220705_195924.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 459
Doesn't look like the picture downloaded as clear as it was I meant to add that the menu was easy to get through too.

Why am I not able to find these on Sig's website? I'd much rather have these than the 10K.

Might sell my 3000BDX for these. Seems perfect for hunting is it has onboard sensors.

I think the kilo 10k is the better option for elr and comp and these gears for lightweight hunting.
Doesn’t say anything about their AB being and diff just smaller with half the range of 10k but man sig is filling niche that companies with better glass haven’t been able to…

Reactions: Ronin_64
The 6K has AB ultralight which is out to 800 yards. If it were to connect to a Kestrel or Tactix it'd go further.

My 3000 has BDX and can connect to the Kestrel elite.
If the 6000 had the same BDX ... I should be able to connect to kestrel ab elite as well ?

According to AB, any AB Ultralight device can connect to the Kestrel or Tactix. Unfortunately, they don't have any information on the 6K given how new it is.

Any “blue tint” to the glass? Looks nice though…

May have to check them out.
I wouldn't say blue. I pick up just a slight grey tint. A couple of the guys that have looked through them said they can't tell any difference. Everything is clear, just not completely bright. I was a little worried about the 32mm instead of the normal 42's and larger I've ran. Just in the last couple mornings when I've had a chance to look through them, they are better than I expected in lower light.

Anyone Know if the applied ballistics ultra lite in it can be upgraded to elite? And does the display have an option to show all data at once like the 10k does?

Is there any reason beyond being Binos that someone would pick this over a Sig Kilo 8K?

I’ve watched all the videos and can’t seem to find the answer…..can the ballistic solution be displayed in the unit, or does it Bluetooth externally to your phone?

I’ve watched all the videos and can’t seem to find the answer…..can the ballistic solution be displayed in the unit, or does it Bluetooth externally to your phone?
Yes, it will display in the unit. My only caveat is I had it in BDX-x mode which means it is communicating with the Kestrel but it does show the solution in the display. I also noticed that even though one scope is MOA (ironically, a sig sierra6 scope) and the Kestrel reflects the solution in MOA, the Sig 6k still says mrad (the numerical value is correct for MOA but says mrad, I.e. the display says 15.7 mrad while the kestrel says 15.7 MOA and the correct data is 15.7 MOA). That seems weird to me.

The glass is not even close the blue Smurf tint that plagues the 10k. That’s a plus.

I gotta admit here publicly that I am super disappointed with the ranging capability. Today, brand f-ing new unit, bright day (not ideal), these binos could not reliably range an 800 yard berm or farther. Full size ipsc at 1000 was a no go even with a massive berm. Sig says these will range a deer sized target at 2500 yards and I’m going to go ahead and say bullshit on that claim. New battery didn’t matter.

Love the form factor, but the performance totally sucks. Maybe mine is a lemon though. I’ll reach out to sig, it’s that bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: lilharcher
Wow. A friend had a sig kilo 3k out this weekend in the dog town with me, and it was very good out to 800’ish. Even did well just past 1000, but with a +/- 10yd’ish variance due to beam divergence on a very flat background.

I hope yours is faulty, and they are not all like that.

Yes, it will display in the unit. My only caveat is I had it in BDX-x mode which means it is communicating with the Kestrel but it does show the solution in the display. I also noticed that even though one scope is MOA (ironically, a sig sierra6 scope) and the Kestrel reflects the solution in MOA, the Sig 6k still says mrad (the numerical value is correct for MOA but says mrad, I.e. the display says 15.7 mrad while the kestrel says 15.7 MOA and the correct data is 15.7 MOA). That seems weird to me.

The glass is not even close the blue Smurf tint that plagues the 10k. That’s a plus.

I gotta admit here publicly that I am super disappointed with the ranging capability. Today, brand f-ing new unit, bright day (not ideal), these binos could not reliably range an 800 yard berm or farther. Full size ipsc at 1000 was a no go even with a massive berm. Sig says these will range a deer sized target at 2500 yards and I’m going to go ahead and say bullshit on that claim. New battery didn’t matter.

Love the form factor, but the performance totally sucks. Maybe mine is a lemon though. I’ll reach out to sig, it’s that bad.
Yeah man give them a call I’ve had mine out several times in bright conditions and it’s single click on whatever I’m pointing at around a mile now when you get out past 2K it was a bit more finicky but could still consistently get good ranges mounted on a tripod.

You find anything out from Sig?

You find anything out from Sig?
They’re in Oregon with Sig, but haven’t heard anything about the repair or replacement. I can say side by side with the 10k’s the ranging just absolutely sucked. I’m convinced there was something wrong with them. Hope they replace them for me because I like the smaller form factor for hunting. I’ll probably sell my Leica hd-b’s if the 6k’s are what I expect.

Reactions: Joshf303
Just ordered mine in the 10x42 that’s replacing the 3K’s. I hope they are a good middle ground. Seems like the 10k’s are getting all the attention but lose people at the blue tint.

The “reviews” on the 6k’s suck. No valuable info, just pushing out videos for views.

Reactions: Thebiglebowski
Just ordered mine in the 10x42 that’s replacing the 3K’s. I hope they are a good middle ground. Seems like the 10k’s are getting all the attention but lose people at the blue tint.

The “reviews” on the 6k’s suck. No valuable info, just pushing out videos for views.
Ya, I’m trying to figure out why there is only info on the kilo6k 10x32 and then the kilo10k. Trying to decide between the full size kilo6k 10x42 or the vortex FURY5000.

Update on the 6K 10x42.

• They have a slightly larger beam divergence then the 6K compacts (10x32) but still more than half the 3k's they're replacing.
  • YES they connect to the Garmin Tactix so you have AB past 800 yards.
  • Furthest range I could get in broad daylight was 4770 yards. Inside 2500 was a hit every time. Around 3300 is where its starts getting spotty.
  • NO BLUE HUE, likely same glass as the 3000's but have yet to confirm.
  • Pre made ballistics with I have yet to mess with
  • The ballistic drop and following wind populate about 3 seconds after your range comes up. Unlike the 10k's that appear I believe below the range. Connection to Tactix is immediate.
Hopefully this helps people make the decision since the 10k's are getting all the limelight.

Reactions: Killer Deal
Update on the 6K 10x42.

• They have a slightly larger beam divergence then the 6K compacts (10x32) but still more than half the 3k's they're replacing.
  • YES they connect to the Garmin Tactix so you have AB past 800 yards.
  • Furthest range I could get in broad daylight was 4770 yards. Inside 2500 was a hit every time. Around 3300 is where its starts getting spotty.
  • NO BLUE HUE, likely same glass as the 3000's but have yet to confirm.
  • Pre made ballistics with I have yet to mess with
  • The ballistic drop and following wind populate about 3 seconds after your range comes up. Unlike the 10k's that appear I believe below the range. Connection to Tactix is immediate.
Hopefully this helps people make the decision since the 10k's are getting all the limelight.
Have you ever tried the Fury5000’s with AB for comparison?

Update:
6k's are being sent back to SIG today for misaligned reticle. Its off about 5 Mils and the 6k's don't have adjustment on the BDX app.

Update:
6k's are being sent back to SIG today for misaligned reticle. Its off about 5 Mils and the 6k's don't have adjustment on the BDX app.
I sent my 6k’s back for the same thing. Just got a new pair to replace the set I sent in. Hopefully these will work better. Had a set of 3000’s for a few years that were absolute tanks until the magnification gave loose internally. Which is how I got the 6k’s! I’ve used the fury’s a few times and the sigs are faster, but other than that and the big AB program I really don’t know of any other differences.

Talked to the sig reps today at an NRL hunter match. Asked about the 10x42s. Glass is the same as the 3Ks, but the way they’re cut and coatings are different which is supposed to give a clearer image. One pro shooter who had them confirmed they’re clearer than his previous 3Ks. Also discussed the AB lite which is good to 800 and onboard senors to aid in that.

Update:
Sorry for the necropost, but any updates on the 6Ks? How have they been holding up?

Sorry for the necropost, but any updates on the 6Ks? How have they been holding up?
I ran them for awhile after they came back but have since switched to Leica Geovid Pros. Placed well in NRL hunter with them and ran them linked to be Garmin Tactix with AB, no problems.

Ran the 6Ks in a field match at Steel City with several other popular LRFBs. Rain came in half way through the match and all but the Sigs (3k,6k,10k) failed to range past 100 yards. There was some bitching but the MD, said keep shooting.

Loving the 6Ks so far. The glass is an improvement over the 3Ks and returns ranges faster as well. The AB lite hasn’t been an issue as I ran an arm board as well. The majority of targets will be within the 800 meter (875ish yard) limit. I do plan on adding a Garmin 701 or 901 but see no rush right now.

Just be aware that their warranty is only for 5 years from date of manufacture not date of actual purchase and SIG has no plans to repair out of warranty/ expired warranty repairs on their electronics. Be extra aware of this fact especially when buying new old stock because their warranty may be already close to expiring and you won't know if it still has any warranty left until after the fact since only SIG can decipher the actual manufacture dates by their serial numbers. Also when sellers sell their used SIG brand whatever's with electronics stating they have a Lifetime warranty, their electronics are not covered under their lifetime warranty when you read what they posted on their own website regarding warranty.

Trijicons have a similar 5 year limited warranty on their scopes with electronics such as illuminated reticles from date of manufacture not date of actual purchase. I do not know if they offer to repair out of warranty/ expired warranty repairs on their electronics even if the customer offers to pay for repairs which SIG won't.

I've had my 6K 8x32 for about a year and I feel like they're great as a rangefinder, but fall behind for observation / glassing. In certain conditions, the image can look atrocious (bright early morning). The infamous blue tint is not apparent and is more like a 'dim' image than a blue image and is likely because that tint isn't necessary since the 6K doesn't have the active matrix OLED HUD.

I just recently picked up the EL Range TA 10x42 simply because of the desire for image quality. I'm keeping the 6K for backup along with my 8K (I really like the 8K for a standalone, monocular LRF).

I will say that if you can get them for sub-$1K (take a look at EuroOptic who has a deal on the 6K 10x42 in black), it will get you there for a bino+LRF combo and be functional and be a fair price. I personally wouldn't want to spend the standard retail price for one.

Looking to get a pair of these for NRL Hunter comps.

How accurate is the Density Altitude computer? As in do you find it works well to tell you the DA which matches your dope for that elevation to dial it? I know it will only give corrections out to 800 unless paired with a Kestral but I'm fine with that as long as I can get DA fast as I range and I'll just use an arm board for the correction.

How is the performance in rain? One post earlier said it couldn't range well in rain but wondering if that's the general consensus or just one experience. Also have no idea how hard it was raining. Here in the PNW it rains a lot but it's not always a driving rain just a 9 month drizzle so hoping it can do ok in mild rain.

Thanks for all the help gentlemen.

I haven’t had an issue with 6Ks dope not aligning with written the morning of match. They even agree between Geo Ballistics on multiple rifles. You can retrieve the DA if you have the binos paired to the BDX app(at the bottom in the photo below) but you will not see it in the bino. I would not recommend this method while on the clock as you’ll burn time. I’ve never had to change DA during a match once I check it in the morning.

I don’t know if you’re referencing my post on the rain, but the Sigs (3k,6k,10k) easily out performed the other brands in the rain and fog during matches.

IMG_0939.jpg

I wouldn't be checking the DA on the clock, more every few hours as I've done fine in the morning and by mid afternoon realized I hadn't checked and was missing a long range. But glad to confirm they do provide DA capability in the binos. I get it will be displayed in the app though.

Can anyone tell me the difference between this cheaper black pair-
https://www.eurooptic.com/Sig-Sauer...10x42mm-Rangefinding-Binoculars-SOK6K005.aspx

And this more expensive pair-

Last edited:
Based on a conv with EO support, nothing. They just used their purchasing power to buy in bulk and requested black. Similar to the black Vortex Gen III they have. Hell of deal.

Yea, I paid $1k before before Liberty Optics imploded. At the price, the 6Ks are a great upgrade over 3Ks.

I wish it was possible to buy an upgrade to the electronics and get AB elite in them VS a lite limited to 800y for dope.

I ran my 10x32s at a match over the weekend instead of my 15x56 Athlons I usually use for spotting. The laser is fast, and not particularly centered, took me a bit to find, but it worked great once I found it. Those reticle circles are huge.

While nowhere near as blue as the 10Ks (squad mate was using those), they're still pretty blue tinted compared with Fury ABs. Once the clouds rolled in, it was pretty dim. Unless you need the weight savings, I strongly recommend sticking with 10x42s.

Anyone else have there 6k not show solutions in the binos in ABX mode? It shows the drop on the kestrel and even the bdx app but the binos only show range and angle.

Anyone have a lead on a good tripod mount for these? I have an athlon mount, but it's not a great fit as it's a bit wide to fit between the barrels.