• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Kilo 6kHD problem

Haiku13

Private
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2020
Just got a pair of Sig Kilo 6k HD for PRS and Nrl/Nrl hunter matches. I setup everything and in the BDX app set it to mils. Run it in abu and works fine but no matter what I do a minute later it defaults back to moa. I read some guys saying it says moa but gives mil but mine was switching to moa solutions. I have to pull my phone back out and switch it back constantly. Anyone else have this issue? I saw a few other guys with the same binos at a match last weekend and no one else had this issue. When I spoke to sig over the phone they said it’s a known issue and they are working on an update but I just find it strange that no one else at the match with the same binos have this issue. I searched and didn’t see any threads either.

Second issue is in ABX I connected it to my 5700 elite AB with link. It shows me range in the binos but no solution. When I pull my kestrel out it shows the range and solution on the kestrel so I know it’s communicating. Sig said this was normal but I’m dumbfounded as to why it wouldn’t show up on the screen. Seems like an extra step that would take up time during a stage. Just want to confirm this is normal. Would normally trust what the manufacturer said in the phone but the guy kept pausing and didn’t sound confident. Kept saying umm and I think that’s normal. Which didnt instill confidence that he actually knew what he was talking about. If this is normal I could just adjust my workflow but makes me wish I went with binos with a full solver onboard.

Last edited:
Reactions: cainsef
Talking to myself on this thread but learned a few things. If you go to rangefinder on the bdx app and continuously tap the name of the range finder it will do a forced update and this solved my issue of not saving mil/moa setting. Per sig there is an update to solve the ABX not showing my dope in the binos which was supposed to release yesterday. But now they are saying a few weeks. I seem to be the only one affected cause every other 6k I’ve seen in the wild has none of these issues.

I have the 6k too and have also had a few quirks. Sometimes when switching ballistic profiles using the app the first ballisitic solution is considerably off.

Also curious if it's possible to upgrade the software to get solutions past 800 meters.

I have the 6k too and have also had a few quirks. Sometimes when switching ballistic profiles using the app the first ballisitic solution is considerably off.

Also curious if it's possible to upgrade the software to get solutions past 800 meters.
That would be nice to have full onboard AB but I don’t think they offer it. I don’t mind connecting it to my kestrel if the solutions would actually show up in the binos. I had a few time where I noticed weird solution then rerange and it gave me an accurate one. I’ll keep an eye out for this.

That would be nice to have full onboard AB but I don’t think they offer it. I don’t mind connecting it to my kestrel if the solutions would actually show up in the binos. I had a few time where I noticed weird solution then rerange and it gave me an accurate one. I’ll keep an eye out for this.
Well that's kind of a bummer because I know some other manufacturers let you get rid of the 800 meter limit.

I hadn't been taking notes but usually the sequence is:

1. turn on 6k and open SIG BDX app
2. open Rangefinders tab
3. switch Gun from .22 to 6.5 or vice versa
4. lase something to sync
5. check solution (700m solution was something like 4.6 instead of 5.4 first lasing yesterday)
6. switch Gun again if wacky. Problem doesn't usually repeat.

When I get a good solution it's a perfect AB point of aim so I have to think that the issue is I am not doing something correctly and missing a step when setting up or switching Gun profiles.

Okay so out using them today and it happened again and I wrote down what happened. Switched to a 6.5 profile from .22, a short while later got a good elevation solution of 1.0 MRAD @ 270 meters. Great.

Put away the binos and phone and moved into a coyote stand. Lased a dirt mound 508 at meters it says 2.8 MRAD elevation. There is no possible way that will ever be close to correct so I open the app to see what's up. It's all 0's because it's unsynced I so I lase it again. Still 508 meters and it tells me 3.2 MRAD this time, spot on.

Where does this occasional 15%ish error come from?

Just got a pair of Sig Kilo 6k HD for PRS and Nrl/Nrl hunter matches. I setup everything and in the BDX app set it to mils. Run it in abu and works fine but no matter what I do a minute later it defaults back to moa. I read some guys saying it says moa but gives mil but mine was switching to moa solutions. I have to pull my phone back out and switch it back constantly. Anyone else have this issue? I saw a few other guys with the same binos at a match last weekend and no one else had this issue. When I spoke to sig over the phone they said it’s a known issue and they are working on an update but I just find it strange that no one else at the match with the same binos have this issue. I searched and didn’t see any threads either.

Second issue is in ABX I connected it to my 5700 elite AB with link. It shows me range in the binos but no solution. When I pull my kestrel out it shows the range and solution on the kestrel so I know it’s communicating. Sig said this was normal but I’m dumbfounded as to why it wouldn’t show up on the screen. Seems like an extra step that would take up time during a stage. Just want to confirm this is normal. Would normally trust what the manufacturer said in the phone but the guy kept pausing and didn’t sound confident. Kept saying umm and I think that’s normal. Which didnt instill confidence that he actually knew what he was talking about. If this is normal I could just adjust my workflow but makes me wish I went with binos with a full solver onboard.
Had than on mine. Solution was that once connected to the phone app and all the correct units are set (in the app), to range something and with the k6 "display on" remove the battery, wait few seconds and insert it back. All is ok and units are displayed in MRAD or MOA as in app.

New update came out today that fixed my ABX issue.
Good to know.

I should mention I contacted Sig about my issue. They acknowledged it and said the update should fix it. Their customer service was top notch.

I'm getting a pair in a few days overall how are you guys liking them? I hope there a glass upgrade from sig 3000bdx