• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Kilo BDX 3000 vs Sig Kilo 6K

Garet Jax

Private
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2022
Harford County, MD
Hello all,

Brand new poster, but have been lurking for sometime. I have a Kestrel 5700 Elite.

I am looking for a new Range Finder and was looking hard at the Sig Kilo BDX 3000. It is in the process of being discontinued so that doesn't feel right.

The Sig Kilo 6K is right around the same price as the BDX 3000. I can't find any comparison between the 2 products and I don't know enough to do the comparison justice.

Can anyone here help?

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
I have been looking at the same thing. There are two current versions of the 6k one is compact and 8x32 and the new one is 10x42.

Thanks for pointing that out. I noticed that too - the compact version is about $300 cheaper than the newer version too. That is a problem because I have noticed some vendors messing up the pictures between the two units so it isn't always clear what you're looking at.

I have placed an order for a pair of the new 6k. I will let you know how they are. Should be here before Christmas

Interested in review of the 8x32 6k.

So I got to play with my new 6k 10x42. They are very well made. I am 99% sure they are the same size of the 3k and 10k. The glass is very clear. I do not see any of the blue tint that some have described on the 10k. They range very quickly and transmit that data to the phone app instantly. I have only had an opportunity to test them out to 450 yards, however it is a very foggy and misty day and they are working great. They came with a pretty nice chest harness.

I sort of went a different direction. I bought a dedicated RF - Viper Razor HD 4000 and am trying to decide whether to go binos or spotter. I wasn't comfortable buying from Sig when so many other companies have a lifetime warranty. This is especially true for a combined product so I am out 2 functions if something goes wrong.

Here is a link to the model I ordered.

(Cross Posted)
Update on the 6K 10x42.

• They have a slightly larger beam divergence then the 6K compacts (10x32) but still more than half the 3k's they're replacing.
  • YES they connect to the Garmin Tactix so you have AB past 800 yards.
  • Furthest range I could get in broad daylight was 4770 yards. Inside 2500 was a hit every time. Around 3300 is where its starts getting spotty.
  • NO BLUE HUE, likely same glass as the 3000's but have yet to confirm.
  • Pre made ballistics with I have yet to mess with
  • The ballistic drop and following wind populate about 3 seconds after your range comes up. Unlike the 10k's that appear I believe below the range. Connection to Tactix is immediate.
Hopefully this helps people make the decision since the 10k's are getting all the limelight.

I have been looking at the same thing. There are two current versions of the 6k one is compact and 8x32 and the new one is 10x42.

There is also a third model of the 6K, sku SOK6K104, which is the compact in a 10x32. I had my eye on it but haven't seen one in person and am curious how it compares in low light and with a reduced field of view.

I purchased the new 6k it is very nice. Ranges very quickly. The glass is very clear and no blue tint that I hear the 10k has

Reactions: gr8fuldoug
I purchased the new 6k it is very nice. Ranges very quickly. The glass is very clear and no blue tint that I hear the 10k has
Did you get the 10x42? I just ordered an 8x32 compact that should be here in a few days.

There is also a third model of the 6K, sku SOK6K104, which is the compact in a 10x32. I had my eye on it but haven't seen one in person and am curious how it compares in low light and with a reduced field of view.
The 10x42 is a newer version, and very few reviews. We just started carrying in, and skipped the compact version. We have the 10k and 6k, both in 10x42. Pretty sure that the compact 6K does not have the extended connectivity to Garmin and Kestral, but does connect to Sig's BDX scopes. The compact is marketed more to the hunter for lighter weight and less need for longer ranges.

IMO, the full-size 6K seems to hit a good marketplace with external connectivity to ABS Elite, if you need more than the ABS standard included in the bino. With the 6K you get amazing performance at a price point maybe $1,000 less than the 10k. The 10k is king of the hill, but not everyone - in fact few - will need the more focused laser that gives additional distance. And, the additions distance for soft targets is not that different.

The 3k, 6k HD 10x42 and the 10k all fall in the same family lineage. The 6k Compact is really a different model, as its compactness is for weight savings and medium to long distances. Bow hunters and most hunters will favor the compact, as they do not have to take a bino and a rangefinder in the field. Distance shooters will favor the full size 6K, with added ballistics capabilities.

Just received my 6K 10/42 yesterday. I was able to link them to my Kestrel and the app. As well as get rifle data loaded into the app for hunting reasons. Just playing with them for a few hours and ranging out to 1200 is almost instant. I can say I am 100% satisfied with my purchase!!!

Just received my 8x32s. A few things I noticed right away:

After I took the battery out of the package and installed it after a few laser bursts and no Bluetooth it showed the battery at 75%. After using it a few dozen times it showed one bar/25%. Maybe I got a bad battery or the battery level indicator isn't very accurate because.

While set on a rest I was looking at a distant object through a gap in some trees several times wider than the reticle itself. The aiming reticle never crossed the trees but all it would give me was a range to the trees. I tried BEST and LAST settings. I don't know about the Sig but I was under the impression with most rangefinders that the reticle represented the beam pattern. On this unit that is clearly not the case.

I attached a picture in case this sounds confusing. If the green circle is a gap in the trees it still ranges the trees not what I am aiming at. I guess I will just have to experiment until I understand the size and location of the beam.

The lens covers are almost completely useless. They do not stay on at all. Not that it makes or breaks the binoculars but it would be nice if they were more functional.

I did range a power pole past 900 meters and trees past 1600 meters so it seems to have some power.

Maybe it will grow on me or maybe I need some pointers on how to use it or I need to play with the settings. So far I am satisfied with it but not blown away.

TLDR: Eats batteries, can't tell exactly where it is sending the beam, lens caps need replacing. Good range though.

Attachments

• kilo6k-feature-1 (2).jpg
    kilo6k-feature-1 (2).jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
@Rodney65, this is pretty common for the laser to not be centered inside the reticle. Lase a power pole or some other small object to figure out where the laser is in relation to the reticle. The 10k’s actually have a feature to “center up” out align the reticle and laser, most RF’s are a little off at least.

Also: I don’t know specifically the beam divergence of the 6k laser, but the laser could easily get wider than the reticle at distance and pick up surrounding objects like a treeline.

@Rodney65, this is pretty common for the laser to not be centered inside the reticle. Lase a power pole or some other small object to figure out where the laser is in relation to the reticle. The 10k’s actually have a feature to “center up” out align the reticle and laser, most RF’s are a little off at least.

Also: I don’t know specifically the beam divergence of the 6k laser, but the laser could easily get wider than the reticle at distance and pick up surrounding objects like a treeline.
I appreciate the tips. I will work with it and get to know it more. I think it was Cal at Precisionrifleblog.com who mentioned the thing about the reticle matching the beam divergence.

After experimenting with it I think the laser is hitting somewhere around the 7:30 position about 2 to 3 MRAD from the center of the reticle. The reticle is just over 1 MRAD wide which means even if it covers a target it may not return a range unless the target is very large or you hold off high and to the right. Most PRS targets are 0.5 MRAD or less so that is a lot of holdover.

I understand not every rangefinder laser is going be zeroed perfectly with the aiming marker but I feel this is worse than what I would call acceptable. My Bushnell 1 Mile and my Kilo 2200 are nowhere near this far off the mark.

I purchased this unit because I wanted to be able to aim it at a target and get a range back and frankly it does not let me do that. Even if I get good at holding off with it if I hand it someone else to use they won't know how to use it. I am going to ask Sig customer service about it but if this is an acceptable margin of error I would not reccomend the Sig Kilo 6K compact.

I was able to compare the 10-42 3K to the 10-32 6K today. Didn't have 10-42 6k's in stock.

The 10-32 6K had considerably more blue tint to them compared to the 10-42 3K.

Most in this thread have discussed the 6K 10-42 as having less tint that the 10-42 3K.

Anyone compared both sizes of the 6K?

Not really seeing the blue tint as an issue.

Just thought I would post an update to my earlier review.

I received a replacement 8x32 6K and it's performance is considerably better. The beam seems to project pretty close to entirely within the reticle. Huge improvement over the first one I sent back. It is quite functional now and does everything it's supposed to.

Battery life indicator dropped to 1/4 after a few dozen laser bursts and then came back up again so not sure if that's just a quirk or the included battery is a bit weak.

Got it set up with the BDX app. My Kestrel is too old to pair it directly but out to 700 or so meters the firing solutions seem to match up for my 6.5s and out to 300 meters for my .22 they work out. I can usually guestimate holds for centerfires well enough (especially under 800 meters which is as far as it will give solutions to) but I do really like it for shooting subsonic. 22s.

Glad you got them replaced!

I've been playing with mine a bit. Best range I can get so far is 3K.

Wish there was a way to get data past 800 yards. You'd think someone could figure out how to 'fix it' or even Sig offering it as a service.

Got mine set up so I can use a spotting scope and the bino's on a tripod.

IMG_8024.jpg

IMG_8025.jpg

IMG_8026.jpg

Sig sent me a pair of the 6K 10x42's to replace my 3K. I was pretty happy with the 3K but it started having difficulty ranging cattle past 1000 yds. Sig warrantied them. They asked if I could range some trees at different ranges. They're exact words were (we don't have deer skins or cattle to range, but we have trees. Could you range trees at various distances and tell us the results so we can have some apples to apples comparisons.)

The 6K 10x42 and 3K seem identical to me in almost every way. I may even give a little nod to glass quality in the 6K but that could be rose colored glasses. Haven't ranged with them yet though either.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned here that I thought was pretty cool, the 6K 10x42 will work with the Basemaps app, which is a competitor to OnX. I don't have either of them but the gist is that you can laser a target and it will pin the target in the app and where you laser it from, giving you elevation change and distance. If it works well and is intuitive, that is a pretty cool function and has plenty of use even outside the hunting and shooting community.

Wish there was a way to add a better version of the ballistics app to these for data past 800 yards.

Hello I'm new to this forum and have been lurking throughout the years and had been only reading up until I couldn't take it anymore and just had to step up to the plate to clarify what everyone really deserves to know.

SIG only has a very limited [(SUB) 5 year warranty] on their ELECTRONICS which actually starts from their dates of manufacture NOT from actual date of purchase. This is public knowledge and SIG has this fact posted on their own website when you search out their own warranty details in writing so you are buying their electronics thinking you got a lifetime warranty sure but that lifetime warranty has absolutely nothing to do with their electronics. At least you still end up with a heavy pair of binoculars after the electronics go bad past that sub 5 year warranty and gets SIG is off thee hook especially If it already sat in a warehouse for 4 and a half years until you actually bought it then you probably have very little no warranty left on the electronics and you don't know the actual date of manufacture unless you work for SIG and know how to read their serial numbers to determine exactly how old they really are.

Same goes for Trijicon warranty on electronics from date of manufacture not date of purchase such as red dots and illuminated reticles in their scopes not lifetime warranty as you all have expected it's also in plain writing public knowledge on their website too to get them off the hook for not repairing your illuminated reticles illumination or red dot sights even their tritium warranty is from date of manufacture not date of purchase.

Leupold has a lifetime warranty on optics and their electronics and sights that physically attaches to your guns but only 2 years on their rangefinders since it doesn't attach to your gun. They are actually really meant to be disposable throw away rangefinders after 2 years so you buy the newer model but you get a good discount past the warranty towards purchase of their new one past the warranty.

Bushnell is the worst only one year on electronics and only with original dated proof of purchase receipt including illuminated reticles in their scopes which I bet nobody even knew and thought their scopes had lifetime warranty nope not a real lifetime warranty which can be as little as one year. This is why Bushnell deserves the F rating from the BBB fir screwing over way too many of their own customers over all of the countless BS warranty denials.

If buying a rangefinder I'd personally go for the Maven for hands down the best optics and lifetime warranty I inquired about the real warranty on their rangefinder myself and got it in email reply in writing which I permanently saved as a lifetime warranty including their electronics.

The rangefinder binoculars have to be Athlon Cronus or Burris Signature or Vortex (UGH rather not but!!!) since they're the only rangefinder binoculars with the real no questions asked NO BS Lifetime or Forever warrantiew a truly buy once cry once investment and not the typical disposable throw away rangefinders based on their warranty.

I'd strongly advise avoiding HALO brand as they don't want to actually honor their own one year warranty similarly to like how Bushnell's mentality screw their customer over after buying their brand of products. I got screwed over first hand on a rangefinder not even used for one month that still turned on but failed to read any distances even after replacing the battery with two different brand new ones wasted $10 on top of the line replacement batteries. I contacted their warranty department and followed their instructions perfectly and wasted another $25-$30 on shipping with insurance and tracking. They received it and tested it and determined it was defective and within warranty and it wasn't abused or damaged by water which is what Bushnell usually uses to weasel out of honoring their own warranty and was told it's a discontinued model and no replacement is available so I offer to pay the difference for a new model which is fair considering it's only a month old. Nope they outright told me they can't do it and can't even send a working replacement not even a demo or a refurbished model to replace it with. They did offer to toss it into their own trash can so they wouldn't have to spend any money from their end to have to ship it back to me. I declined and made them pay to ship it back to me the same method they made me ship it to them. I received it still broken with no evidence they even took it apart. The retailer wouldn't exchange it or give a refund in the first place which I immediately did after only 3 weeks and suggested I deal directly with the company for warranty which I did. I'd expect this BS from Bushnell but was shocked by how they denied my warranty and pocketed my money just like that now it's for real first hand personal experience getting ripped off by their authorized retailer and followed by the actual company themselves.

Last edited:
You guys are lucky they were still within their limited 5 year electronics warranty from date of manufacture not date of purchase.

SIGs are for the really rich people who can actually afford to buy disposable throw away rangefinders after every few years since all electronics will and do go bad. What really gets me is their limited 5 years from date of manufacture electronics warranty is clearly posted on their website but people still think they are getting a lifetime warranty and from date of purchase but it's already less than 5 years since it's already been sitting in a warehouse then sitting on the shelf at a retailer ticking down that 5 year warranty and you really don't know how much time is left on it's warranty after you buy it.

Even worse is when people sell them on the classifieds used and state it has a lifetime warranty sure on the housing and glass but not on the electronics which all sellers fail to mention which probably has zero warranty left in reality based on 5 years from their actual date of manufacture.

SIG scopes with illuminated reticles and electronics and their electronics sights also carry the limited 5 year electronics warranty as well from date of manufacture not date of purchase and aren't lifetime as people might actually think. They most certainly aren't Burris with their FOREVER Warranty including their electronics in even their rangefinders and Eliminator series of scopes.

Last edited: