• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Kilo BDX

I only got to play with a pre-pro model for a bit. I think that as far as ranging goes, that is not where the big gain is here. In the sub 2400 models, the step forward is you are getting AB ultralite, so it will work basically like a Leica 2700b model. There are some differences, but more or less, the function is close. But their biggest seller for this line is their integration with their scopes. If you are not using one of the BDX line scopes, obviously you don't get that.

If you step up to the 2400 series, you get integration with a Kestrel, which is in my opinion is pretty awesome and should be the best current workflow for working with these devices IMO (this assumes you want to use a kestrel, and not go to the 2400 ABS all in one solution). I say should be because I have not had one to test other than the initial demo, so can't say how well it will work in extensive use, but at first blush, pretty cool. The glass on the new 2400 is the same as on the ABS if that matters to you.

So whether it is worth it really depends on what you want it for, what you already have, and what other tools you are or want to use. If you are starting from a clean sheet, and are wanting to use a Kestrel for long range shooting, the 2400 BDX is probably a good consideration. On the other hand, if you already have a 2200, already have the scope you want, and don't want to go to a Kestrel and/or a 2400, the improvement on the 2200 BDX over what you currently have is only going to be the onboard AB ultralite. That's something, but is it enough to consider the expense? Not sure.

Those are only examples, but the point is, again, depends where you are at the moment and where you are trying to go.

Last edited:
I decided to pull the trigger on the Sig Kilo 1400 BDX. I took it to the range today and was able to range out to 630 yards (sadly the 1000 yard range was closed). The ballistic calculator worked and gave me first round hits.

Awesome, glad to hear it worked well for you! The BDX line is very interesting, Sig has some great ideas that they are bringing to market very quickly, definitely helping to raise the bar for everyone, which is fantastic for the consumer!

I decided to pull the trigger on the Sig Kilo 1400 BDX. I took it to the range today and was able to range out to 630 yards (sadly the 1000 yard range was closed). The ballistic calculator worked and gave me first round hits.

I love the concept but Sig's website says ballistic solutions to 800 yards. Do the different configurations have different range limitations?

No, not really, but sorta. The limitation is for when you are utilizing the onboard AB ultralite. The reason is that the ballistic solving is stripped down a bit from the full AB solver....no coriolis, aero jump, etc. So like Leica, they limit how far they will supply a solution, Leica's solver is basically the same (thought it's not AB so there is that difference). Their limit with a custom curve is 1000 yards.

This limitation will apply to all the BDX's when using the ultralite, however, the 2400 and 3000 bdx's offer the additional choice of connecting to a Kestrel and utilizing the full suite on the kestrel. Then it will display as far as the RF will range. Only the 2400 and 3000 bdx offer this capability, however.

Reactions: Howland
I’m really interested in the 2200 if having the ab ultra lite solver works well and is worth it. Otherwise, one of the Nikons looks like the way to go in this price range imo. Looking forward to hearing how these are working for people and I’ll definitely report back with my results if I do pick one up.