• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SIG KILO6K 10x32 vs KILO3000BDX 10x42 Ranging Binoculars?

wcoats

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2020
Apex NC
I was planning on trying to pick up a pair of Sig KILO300BDX rangefinder binoculars and hoping to find a deal on them since the newer generation of Sig rangefinder binoculars came out. I knew about the new KILO10K and that they are a lot more expensive and out of my price range but when I started looking, I saw the new KILO6K and the 10x32 is going for about the same price the KILO3000BDX 10x42 are going for.

Anyone have any input on which one is better to get? Am I loosing anything optically if I go with the newer 10x32 vs the older 10x42? From a rangefinder standpoint I just need them to be able to range a steal target out to 1,000 yards from a tripod and deer out to 350 yards handheld, so I think that is well within the capability of either. I dabble a little in PRS style competitions (I've shot 5 and will probably only shoot a few per year due to other hobbies available free time) and noticed that I lot of people carry around binoculars on a tripod and watch other shooters to get a feel for wind and conditions before it's their turn to shoot. The last one I went to I put my cheap Atibal Nomad 10x42 binoculars on a tripod and was surprised at how much it helped even with them being low end binoculars. I decided I wanted to get some better binoculars and think it would be awesome to combine binoculars and rangefinder in one package. I've heard really good things about the Sig KILO3000BDX for the price point but haven't heard any firsthand experience about the new KILO6K 10x32.

Your timing is great. Through Sunday we are running a Flash Sale Weekend @ Camera Land and the Sig Sauer KILO3000BDX 10x42mm Rangefinding Binoculars with Ballistic Data Xchange - Black is on sale for only $999.99

The Sig Sauer Kilo6K HD 10x32mm Binocular has not been out long enough to give a fair review. You, obviously, will lose some light transmission due to the smaller objective. IMO, and new product needs to be in the market place, and in the hands of users, for 6-9 months to get true feedback. Just my $.02

I have absolutely no idea why anyone in their right mind would actually want to buy a disposable throw away rangefinder binoculars with a limited 5 year warranty from date of manufacture not date of purchase unless you're rich enough to just keep on buying brand new replacements every so many years since it's a fact that all electronics do go bad whichever is why most companies only offer a short term warranty for their electronics even Bushnell only one year on their electronics including illuminated reticles in their scopes and people think it's lifetime but one year is Bushnell's definition of their own lifetime warranty that's why they get an F rating according to the BBB for screwing over way too many of their own customers over warranty denial and extremely bad customer service.