• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig New BDX Line of Rangefinders & Scopes

Pvt.Donut

Private
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2017
Iowa
Sig BDX

Looks like a line of Rangefinders that Bluetooth with optics to give you holdover. I don't see much info on their website but the KILO3000 Rangefinding binos look promising at sub $1500.

Last edited:
more useful for hunters I would think

So, you need your phone, a Bluetooth connection between your phone-rangefinder-scope? Looks like a gimmick to me, I'll pass.

go on the sig website under electro optics

Do the BT rangefinders work with a Kestrel?

It appears so...

Screenshot_20180504-153101_Chrome.jpg

So, you need your phone, a Bluetooth connection between your phone-rangefinder-scope? Looks like a gimmick to me, I'll pass.

Your phone is only for data entry form app to devise. It can also be done manually in the rangefinder as well if I remember the product training material correctly.

If you're using the rangefinder you're loading your ballistic profile into the rangefinder/binos via the app. The rangefinder is linking to the scope. You range and the hold over lights up.

What's cool about the system for hunters as well is you can enter a ft lb of energy cut off. So you range and if that distance falls under the ft lb of energy threshold set the reticle will update but it blinks every few seconds to let you know its under the threshold.

Pretty cool tech for hunters and I'm interested to see where it pushes the market.

Reactions: trauma1
Your phone is only for data entry form app to devise. It can also be done manually in the rangefinder as well if I remember the product training material correctly.

If you're using the rangefinder you're loading your ballistic profile into the rangefinder/binos via the app. The rangefinder is linking to the scope. You range and the hold over lights up.

What's cool about the system for hunters as well is you can enter a ft lb of energy cut off. So you range and if that distance falls under the ft lb of energy threshold set the reticle will update but it blinks every few seconds to let you know its under the threshold.

Pretty cool tech for hunters and I'm interested to see where it pushes the market.

Gotcha.

The interesting potential of this type of device is getting rid of the erector mechanism and all the complication that goes along with that. An electronic reticle that could be "dialed" could be simple and robust and would likely reduce cost.

Gotcha.

The interesting potential of this type of device is getting rid of the erector mechanism and all the complication that goes along with that. An electronic reticle that could be "dialed" could be simple and robust and would likely reduce cost.

Till the batteries die or the recoil works an electrical connection loose and it stops working.

I'll stick with mechanical. If they want a digital overlay that's all fine and cool but should be backed up mechanically.

Why do you suppose scopes carry lifetime warranties and electronics get five years if you're lucky and a single year is commonplace?