• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Sig P220 and P229

noz455sd

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2008
Montana
A guy at work wants to trade me two Sig pistols for one Sig M400 Enhanced model DI AR...The pistols are a P220 two-tone with matte stainless slide, night sights, rose wood grips and 5 mags like new in box with not even a box down the tube. The P229 is an Equinox .40 with laminated grips and night sights like new in box also not even a box fired..................
I would be mentally handy capped to not take that deal right? One pistol is worth almost as much as the rifle....

Re: Sig P220 and P229

If you ever I want to get rid of that 229, I'm always in the market to expand the Sig collection.

For the "price" I would pay I dont think I could let them go...

Oh come oooonnnnn, man. There's a shiny $400 bill waiting for you in Illinois!

looks like you have a smoking deal there if you hit walmart today they have m400 for sale for under 900.

I did...I got the OD Green one for 867 with the case....Ill post pics of the handguns tomorrow maybe! My buddy has been just about begging for one...I told him I just cant do it but you can shoot them anytime.

Well in my part of the world Walmart black friday price was 867 on the M400... They have been traded...Its odd though that my Walmart is also carrying bushmaster and colt brands of AR15s but more power to them...Flood the market with them!

Definite trade, but I don't care for the SIG rifles myself.

Sigs.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yama Arashi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Definite trade, but I don't care for the SIG rifles myself. </div></div>

It seemed to be a very high quality AR... I didnt fire it but it was aesthetically perfect and very tight...No slop anywhere. Magpul furniture and one pmag but I threw in a couple more loaded with 30rnds of M855 each. It has ambi single point sling attachments through the use of quick disconnects and ambi magazine release...If anything it seems underrated as it looks to be quality stuff

I don't doubt it's a fine AR, I'm just biased.
wink.gif

I prefer the olde school SIG stuff. Non-railed pistols, 55X series of rifles, etc.

You did quite well on the trade whatever the case. You didn't mention the P220 was an Elite model in your first post. That ups the ante in your favor even more.

I do like the 55X series too but I dont own one yet... I wasnt trying to be a punk or anything by quoting you just wanted to let you know if your in the market for an AR I wouldnt totally overlook the M400 but in the end they are somewhat all the same...
Yeah its the P220 Carry Elite Two-tone... I didnt know it either until he showed me...I would be more into the regular sized 220 over the carry 220 but dont take that as not being grateful or not appreciating the deal I got...I would do it again in a heartbeat I just hope the guy that traded me still feels the same way because I have to work with him everyday too. If he gets trader remorse Ill work with him........

No worries, I didn't take it as such.

I'm addicted to the LMT MRP platform at the moment.

Definitely a good trade.. The Elite220 and 229 Equinox are more than worth that rifle IMO..