• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Sig P220 Match

tundramuscle03

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 31, 2007
Baltimore County, MD
Guys, I handled one of these the other at the guns hop i frequent and it fits my hand perfectly and feels great...

I'm just curious what you guys think about, this will be my first handgun purchase

Re: Sig P220 Match

I carry the Les Baer commander and carry 1911s almost exclusively but at least once a year I'll look at my rig (I carry it cocked and locked) and notice that somehow the safety has been flicked off and it scares the shit out of me. All of my holsters shroud the trigger so I have safety redundancy but after this happens I get my SIG 220 out and carry it for a third of the year until I gather the courage and forget the flicked off safety to carry my 1911 again...

I have owned 220s for twenty years and they are safe and tack drivers out of the box. The grip is comfortable and its a dream to clean. I presently have the 220r with factory laser grips and its a great gun. I've never shot the match but I'm assuming from the class act my less expensive model has been that you're going to love it...

Double action is a solution to a problem that never existed.

Look elsewhere.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Double action is a solution to a problem that never existed.

Look elsewhere. </div></div>

Well said...Downzero I see you're a 1911 man, too...

Doesn't the P220 come in a single action only model too? And what's bad about the double action/single action guns? I'm just wondering because I'm looking at getting a Handgun and a Dan Wesson 1911 is at the top of my list and after that is the P220 followed by the HK 45.

There is a SAO 220. I have owned a DA/SA 220 in the past. Reliable and accurate out of the box. Trigger is too long for me. Didn't fit as well as 1911. All I own is 1911 style pistols- because they fit me. If the 220 fits YOU better, go with a single action only 220. 1911 > 220 > HK if you plan to carry concealed.

Single action is by far the best for me. I will never buy another DA pistol. However, I think you need to train more with a single action. My thumb sits on the thumb safety when I am shooting. Out of the holster safety off happens reflexively. If you are in a panic and aren't practiced, I can see where you could be pulling the trigger with no results (safety still on).

Good luck. If you can afford a 220 match, I'm sure this won't be your last pistol.

http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/ShowCatalogProduct.aspx?categoryid=40

I wanted one but couldn't find one except on gun broker. Then ran out of cash.
P220-match-detail-L.jpg

P220-S-Match-detail-L.jpg

I would try a P220 SAO if you do not want to come up with the cash for the P220 Match, from what I hear the standard P220 is pretty accurate also. The standard SAO has a pretty nice tigger pull from the factory plus you will not have to deal with the fat wood grips.

Lancer, I hear ya, the gun shop I deal with said the wait was from 8 to 16weeks for the P220 Match....

The P220 above with the wood grips is actually the Super Match and I believe that that one is only SA...

But I'm pretty sure as soon as I get the cash together, I'll have him order me the Match and see what happens...

Mean while, I can keep looking for more .45ACP ammo