• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Sig p220

Re: Sig p220

I was just looking at them over the weekend. The P220 compact is still kind of big and its a proven shooter! I would have no problem carring a P220 compact. I carry a HK USP 45 Compact myself on my hip in a holster. Most of the high quality compacts are great guns and it comes down to how you are going to carry the gun. Look at the Sig P245, thats a great 45ACP that is even smaller than the P220 compact and its a shooter too. Down side it only has 6rd mags.

Its not as easy to carry as my Glock 33 on my akle but I would rather carry a good quality gun like a Sig or HK than a Glock. But thats just me, plenty of guys here will tell you that the Glock is what to carry. But its all about what fits your hand the best and how you can handle the recoil of small frame guns in large calibers.

This topic has been beaten to death in other posts. Try the search function at the top right of the page. You should get a lot of good information from it!

I agree with Doug. I had a Sig P220 Carry SAO. It was a great gun, but it was still larger than what I wanted for CC. I traded it for a 1911 that had a slimmer profile and is easier for me to carry.

If the size is ok for you, they are a heck of a gun.

I don't have mine for concealed carry, I just liked the feel of the P220R Carry better than the standard P220.

That said, I love taking mine out to the range, and it's my bedside gun as well. Great shooter, and I've never had a hiccup with it in probably 3500-4000 rounds now.

there's plenty of guns out there that are more easily concealed, though.

Looks like the only benefit is a little bit off the length -- same size everywhere else. I'm not sure I would be willing to give up the longer sight radius.

I like the P245 which is similar to the carry. It is my favorite betwen the carry, p220 and p245