• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Sig P226 E^2 grip change

twadsw01

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2010
Durham, NC
I have a P226 E-squared in 40s&w. I want to experiment with different grips, but am not sure what modifications must be done to the pistol to enable it to use original P226 grips. I have read that changing from an original P226 grip to the E-squared grip requires changing some of the internal parts near and including the mainspring, but what about going the opposite direction, i.e., from E-squared grip to original Sig grip?

Re: Sig P226 E^2 grip change

Thanks for the feedback. I'll do that if I run into trouble once I get another grip to try and put on.

For anyone who's wondering about this same thing, I asked the folks over at sigforum.com about putting old grips on the new E-squared p226 and was told there wouldn't be a problem going in that direction. We'll see.

Re: Sig P226 E^2 grip change

How would putting tradition grips on a E2, be easy at all? The old grip pattern extends more into the palm than the current E2

thats one of those "square peg, round hole" kinda moments.