• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing SIG P239 40 Slide question

wickedfish

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2007
ORANGE BEACH AL.
I removed the slide to clean up and cannot get it to go back on, barrel and guide rod are good, goes back to @ 1" from rear of reciever. I just got this pistol and have not books, nothing like my 226 or 229. It seems like it is hitting something and I can't figure it out. HELP PLEASE>

Re: SIG P239 40 Slide question

Make sure that the guide rod is seated all the way into its notch or make certain that the takedown lever didn't get flipped back to its resting position. It needs to be at a perpendicular to the barrel when reinstalling the slide and then with the slide locked return it to parallel. When in doubt take it back apart and really eyeball everything and slowly reassemble. If you are getting pissed and jamming shit together it will lead to the ole "gun in a bag" project.

Thanks for the info, I have tried all of that, I have owned Sigs for years, and it seems that the barrel is hanging up somewhere. I will try again in the morning.

It was too much paint on the inside of the muzzel area, sanded it out and it slid on like a champ.