• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors SIG P250 - ANYONE have any experience with these?

jb1000br

Jason@EuroOptic
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2001
On my Belly
Looking at the P250 for a workhorse carry gun...and the interchangability seems like a very cool aspect. Can interchange frames/barrels etc to make it full size, compact or subcompact.

Anybody put one of these to a test yet? Are these going to be as bulletproof as Glocks?

JB

Re: SIG P250 - ANYONE have any experience with these?

do a search on this and other forums......you'll get all u need - this has been covered ad nauseum.....

The DAO only trigger seems a little light for carry with no other safety. They seem to be rather bulky and square in their cuts. Great idea though.

JB;
Good to see you around, sir!

I want one of these.
I have only handled them in a store, but I like.
I found alot of info just doing a google search.

Many feel the trigger travel, and the very long reset are tough to get used to. The long reset, you have to return the trigger pretty much all the way forward, is pretty long. I certainly suggest you dry fire one before you buy.

Still, the options are nice.
The SN being on the trigger assembly means you can swap every other component without dealing with paperwork. Barrel, frame, and slide can all be swapped out in a matter of moments.

If I can come up with the cash, a 9mm version will be my new carry weapon.

Calahan - Actually, I did a search here, found nothing...looked back thru a few pages... found nothing...so thought I might post...thanks though.

I know what the gun is, just trying to get input from those that have actually handled (fired) it.

Links would be helpful if you got em...

RAF and 300, thanks... Am definitely planning to handle one first...

JB

I've got one. Its a well built pistol but as stated above, it has a very long trigger reset. It feels good in the hands though, as all Sigs do. It points naturally. Because of the long trigger reset issue, I won't carry it and still prefer to carry my glocks (mostly because I don't feel like spending the time required retraining myself to get used to the trigger reset.) This is saying something, because if you know me, you know that I love Sigs and shoot them well...ask Nomad. Its a great pistol. Once you get used to the trigger reset, it would be fine to carry IMHO. I really like the concept of interchangeability with this pistol.

Chad

I picked up a P250 compact 9mm on Sunday.
Hit the range this evening with it for the first time.
Ran four different brands of ammo, total of 150 rounds through it with zero problems. The trigger is smooth as silk and very consistent. Trigger pull is much smoother and consistent than on my Ruger SP101 which I normally shoot DA.

It was a pleasure to shoot and I am very happy with the purchase.
I was gaining confidence in it with every shot.
A local dealer had them on sale for $469.00 with Nite-sites.
Spare mag was another $27.00, not bad. They have the lower frames in stock for $50.00 if you want the smaller or larger grip. The medium works well for me.

Accuracy was better than expected and better than I am capable of. The local range(C2)had a Blackhawk CQC SERPA holster for the 220/226 that fits and functions perfectly with the 250.

The rap on P250s seems to be that they're unmitigated caca, but I'm glad to hear that yours seems to be working out.

We will have to see how it does long-term, certainly. 150 rounds doesn't prove them wrong.

I read some reports of light-strikes in some of the early ones but some thought that they had the problem licked in later models. This one was manufactured last month.

I'm a big Sig fan myself. I handled one of them at my local gunstore, did a few dryfires, etc. and decided that this really wasn't the pistol for me. Anything Sig makes is good, reliable, blah blah blah, but I've never been a big DAO guy when it comes to my pistols. In my mind, we all have different tastes and this Sig just doesn't suit me. I'll be sticking to the other models.

It is a different beast than the typical Sig, it also has a bit more flip than it's heavier brothers.

For someone who is looking for a lightweight DAO, it is surprisingly pleasant to shoot. I also like it's simplicity with almost all moving parts residing in the trigger module. Pop it out and you can douche and lube all of those components in an instant. The frame is one piece with no other parts, other than the mag release which is simplistic.
The slide is fairly typical.

I have the compact version and since relegated it to carry duty. I have found the DAO is perfect for carry. 300WSM, you had mentioned that you felt the trigger was too light for carry, what do you carry? I used to carry a Glock and found the Sig putting my mind at ease. It fits my hand well and I feel very safe carrying and handling it. Have about 250 rds through it without any problems whatsoever, it being a compact .45 its pretty snappy in the recoil dept but I love it nonetheless.

I thought it sucked a fat dick.

I was given one to put 1000 rounds through by my dept. I did, and hated every fucking round.

Accuracy is fine. I stacked em through the same holes everywhere I was aiming. Recoil is fine.

Trigger pull is retardedly long and heavy. No, you dont understand. STUPIDLY long and heavy. Unnecessarily so. That right there was MORE than enough for me to say "fuck this thing" and have zero bad feelings about telling the guys at my dept to stay the fuck away from that piece of shit.

The grip is too small too.

On a brighter note. Heidi thought it was great. So, apparently it does have a use: PURSE GUN.

LOL
It's certainly a love or hate deal.
If you don't like the grip size, don't ignore the fact that you can change the grip for $50.00. No paperwork required.

I ran another 110 rounds of commercial reloads through it this weekend and it ran perfectly. That makes 260 rounds of mixed factory and commercial reloads without a hiccup.

Good call Raf. I might have been more comfy behind her with a Hogue slip on too.

But, that trigger pull is still the big deal breaker to me. I honestly do not know how anyone can say it is too light. It was too long. Too heavy.

Hogue just might be the ticket!

I don't blame you a bit for having wants this thing cannot fulfill. It's a strange beast especially when compared to the other Sig's I have shot. I went into the deal looking for a DAO and while the travel is a bit longer than my former carry weapon(revolver) I find it not much different to cycle the trigger.

I dig the lack of a safety and the funny trigger probably replaces some of that safety margin.

On the downside for me....I have considered adding a bit of weight to the fore-end of the receiver to cut some of the muzzle-whip when it fires. It's not uncontrollable but it certainly jumps more than most comparable weapons I have used. For now it just takes a bit longer to get back on-target. It still jumps less than my .357 SP-101 did.
laugh.gif

I wish they would add a foot to the mag floor-plate. This would help, some. I bet one would have a hard time keeping the two lower fingers from slipping off the grip in the 45 version.

I am nit-picking here; it is still a pleasure to shoot.
I will post updates as I get more rounds through it.
The gun works well for me but we shall see if it holds-up long-term.

I ran another 130 rounds through it this past Sunday.
Flawless, once again, after a total of over 390 rounds.
Not a single FTF, feed or extraction problem.
Maybe it's me getting used to the gun....it seems to be getting more accurate every time I shoot it.
I was slamming rounds down it fairly quickly most of the day but slowed for one 5-shot group and netted about a 1" one-hole group at 10 yards or so. I am getting very attached to this pistol.

One problem did occur with a 16 round mag......
It now lacks sufficient spring force to lock the slide back every time. My other mag, a 15 round mag, still works perfectly.
The spring pressure is drastically different between the two. The follower in the 15 comes up farther and just plain fits better too.

I stripped the two mags and the 16 round spring is a few inches shorter and has 4 less windings. I am now on the hunt for true 15 round mags. I have read that the 16 rounders have had several problems and that Sig quit making them, sort-of.
laugh.gif

I stopped in the store where I got the weapon and a newer 9mm has what looks like the same mag as my 16 but with the "16" marking missing. The witness hole is still at the 16 position.
My 15 has a true 15th round witness hole.

Both mags have yet to cause a single issue other than the "16" failing to lock the slide back on the last shot.

An E-mail to Sig on Sunday has not been replied to.

Glad to see you are enjoying it, I love mine. The trigger does take some getting used to, but I feel very safe carrying due to that trigger.

People much smarter than myself deem it necessary to limit New Yorkers to 10rd magazines and mine is also the .45 version, so I have not experienced any mag issues.

Yeah, but it doesn't solve the issue about the retarded law we have to deal with.
frown.gif

Very true statement. Good football player but not very smart, I still haven't recovered from how last season ended, not that any non-Giants fans give a shit!

Just got my only reply to 2 e-mails and 1 call to Sig.
They are shipping me a new 15 round mag. The 16's are no longer.

That .357 Sig is a nasty little round, I would consider getting another P250 chambered in it, I like that handgun that much.

It is a nasty round. I really wanted one many moons ago.
My problem is I know exactly two people with weapons chambered in it and both have suffered kaboom's with them....one right next to me. The shooter of that one had some minor cuts to his hand. Both guns required repair before they would shoot again(one Taurus, one Glock).
I am sure that both were caused by bullet setback.

They may be fine but the fact that this chambering is so rare to me and that 100% of the owners I know personally have had problems........it just doesn't sit well with me.
laugh.gif

Im assuming those were handloads? I had a Glock and Springfield and while not shooting thousands of rds through them, everything factory cycled and shot beautiful. I have been told by several ammo loaders(Corbon for one) that its a nightmare to handload. Having a Glock 20, I can't seem bring myself to own another full-size in .357 Sig, but the P250 compact isn't out of the question.

Nope, all factory fresh ammo. Niether one of those guys has ever reloaded.
I assume that the problem rounds were chambered and unchambered repeatedly. This practise seems to make the problem worse based on the experiences I have read about on the web.

Another 220 rounds through the last 2 weekends; total of over 610 rounds without a single failure to feed/fire/eject.

Slide operation has smoothed a bit since I started, though it was good to start with.

Ran a couple hundred through mine yesterday as well, no failures whatsoever. On another note, I'm kind of pissed that Double Tap ammunition I've been using is about 150-180fps slower than advertised. Ran some Corbon through it to check the accuracy of the chronograph and it was right on.

I seriously have to start reloading!

The figures must have been established with a longer barrel.

I need to start reloading for mine too!
I need primers and projectiles.
Pretty much set on everything else.

I was shooting my Glock 20 and the Sig. Corbon loads were right on and Double Tap states their numbers are from a factory G20. I was pretty shocked at what I was getting. 155gr Gold Dot is advertised at 1475fps, my 10 shot average was 1298fps!

No, G20 has a 4.6" barrel and my Sig is the compact version with a 4". The Double Tap .45 loads are tested on a 5" I believe and my average was 225fps under...I expected less losing 1" in length but not 225 less. The Corbon loads were only 75fps less than advertised, which is right on for giving up that much length. I installed a 5.15" Lone Wolf barrel on the G20 and saw about a 60fps higher average, which is to be expected but still no where close to the claim.

That is a fairly large drop.

I just got my replacement mag from Sig.
It seems to be functioning correctly.

730 rounds as of last Sunday. Still no failures to feed, fire, or eject.....to date.
The new mag works well too.

laugh.gif

I "am" having a great time getting to know this gun.

I knew there were a few problems with very early models so I was thinking others might be interested in how it does over time and round-count. If this is frivolous I will save myself the time to post. Not sure if anyone really cares or not.

Owning one myself and not having the chance to put nearly as many rds through yet, I have no complaints about the feedback, and if anyone does they can stop reading the thread anytime!

Sorry to rain on the parade but I felt obligated to throw my 2 cents into the pot.

I also bought a Sig 250 a couple months ago for possible use as a concealed-carry. While the ergonomics are decent (I need to buy a frame with a larger grip) and accuracy is quite good, I am having serious issues with reliability of the weapon.

Mine is a .45 and on almost EVERY magazine I have a FTF. I was using Winchester 230gr ball ammo so it isn't a reloading issue, and no I'm not limp-wristing the pistol or anything.

I'm hoping after running a couple hundred more rounds through it that it will start to function better but I haven't shot it lately as my bolt guns are taking up all my time (as they rightly should be).

McCrazy;
What's the manufacture date on the case label?
I would certainly talk to Sig about it.

Mine is dated May 7th, 2009 and is a compact version. I will get a hold of Sig when I have the chance and see if they can help out.

It took 2 phone calls and 1 e-mail to get my bad mag replaced in reply to my e-mail, but then I also got a call 2 weeks later in reply to the messages I left via phone. They seem to be slower responding to phone unless you actually get a live person on the line.

I think e-mail is the best way: via the Sig contact links on thier site.

It sure sounds like they need to repair yours!

Would you mind sharing your ammo preference?
I've just purchased a P250 in .45 ACP and I'm in search of enlightenment for choosing suitable range ammo and a premium defensive load.
Cost is obviously a big factor at the range... But I will spare none for the real action.
Beginner shooter here.
Thanks!

75% of the rounds have been American Eagle 115 grain FMJ because my local range has them at a fair price.
Some of the others were Alanta Ammunition, Win white box, PMC, and just about anything else that was available but for the steel-case stuff.

I also ran a range of test reloads and they all performed perfectly as well.

Of course this is all 9mm Luger.
I hope your .45 is as indifferent to ammo choice as this 9mm has been.
I have not selected a defense load so far. I moved to this gun from a 5-shot 357.
The way I see it, 16 properly placed rounds of anything will make for a bad day for anyone who decides my life matters not. This is part of why I am shooting it so much.