• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Done Vida

Private
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2012
Tennessee
Hiders,
I'm hoping for some feed back on the Sig P290rs for CC (IWB and Pocket). I have been carrying and XD40sc and am ready for something smaller. Often, I have decided to just throw the XD in the center console bc its such pain to carry. I want something I can keep on me at all times. Been reading and I think I'm set on a PM9 or P290rs. I was able to handle the PM and shot a CM9 and liked both of those. I've searched the site and the rest of web and only found a few videos and reviews on the 290RS model. I like this model over the 938 because I am use to the DAO trigger and don't want a saftey on a carry gun. Do any of you guys carry one of these? Any good or bad experience? Any reason to choose it over the other brands? Or is it just another pocket 9?
Thanks for any input

Last edited:
I've never been a big fan of the rainbow look, but seriously considered a P290 before ending up with a P238 (the p938 was not out yet). I'm used to shooting the P226 and other DA triggers too rather than the 1911 that the P238/P938 is modeled after, but the little Sig is enough fun to shoot I practice with it along with my other handguns. I think it all comes down which one you'd prefer to practice with, and carry though.

John

I bought my wife the P290RS for her carry handgun.

She loves shooting it and is very accurate with it.

She had gone through SEVERAL other handguns for carry before the P290. She liked this one from the start. I also got her the Sig laser for it and now she's DEADLY accurate with it. Laser and sights.

She carries it in an ankle holster under her scrubs at work. (She owns the practice and her staff prefers her to be armed in the office).

I like shooting it myself. Fits my hands pretty well for such a small gun. Several of my shooting friends have shot it with mixed results. Some guys don't like it at all. Others love it as much as I do. Everyone shoots it very well for such a small piece.

If I were to carry it, it would be in a pocket holster like the other small revolvers and semi autos I'd carried as BUGS throughout my career.

All I can say is it fits and works well enough for me that If I have to weight too much longer for a P224 SAS DA/SA, I'll likely get a P290 for myself.

Good luck with your decision.