• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig P320 discharge while holstered

^^What StaveyIL said.
Holstering is one of the most common maneuvers when a pistol fires unintentionally, most commonly due to human finger error or trigger entanglement with clothing etc. ........I'll wait for that P320 movie to reach a local theater.

Million dollar question?

Was the gun stock or was it modified?

No mention in the video.

Interesting that he says Sig said it was a failed firing pin spring.

^^What StaveyIL said.
Holstering is one of the most common maneuvers when a pistol fires unintentionally, most commonly due to human finger error or trigger entanglement with clothing etc. ........I'll wait for that P320 movie to reach a local theater.
Per the video, it wasn't while holstering. The gun was holstered and he wasn't touching it.

Per the video, it wasn't while holstering. The gun was holstered and he wasn't touching it.
𝔸𝕔𝕥𝕦𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕪 𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕤 𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕧𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕠 "𝕚 𝕙𝕒𝕕 𝕙𝕠𝕝𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝕞𝕪 𝕘𝕦𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕙𝕒𝕕 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕤 𝕦𝕡"......𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕟𝕠 𝕣𝕒𝕝 𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖 𝕧𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕠 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕛𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕣𝕖𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥. 𝕊𝕠 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕨𝕖 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕥-𝕤𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥 𝕨𝕒𝕤 𝕛𝕒𝕞𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕥𝕣𝕚𝕘𝕘𝕖𝕣 𝕘𝕦𝕒𝕣𝕕 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕒𝕤 𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕒𝕚𝕤𝕖𝕕 𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕥-𝕤𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥 𝕥𝕖𝕟𝕤𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕖𝕕 𝕒𝕘𝕒𝕚𝕟𝕤𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕥𝕣𝕚𝕘𝕘𝕖𝕣 𝕕𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕘𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕘𝕦𝕟. ℍ𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕒𝕟𝕪 𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖𝕤 𝕡𝕣𝕧𝕚𝕠𝕦𝕤𝕝𝕪 𝕕𝕚𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕡𝕖𝕥𝕚𝕥𝕠𝕣 𝕡𝕖𝕣𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕒𝕞𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕢𝕦𝕖𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕚𝕘 𝕕𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕘𝕖? 𝕎𝕙𝕪 𝕕𝕚𝕕𝕟’𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕘𝕦𝕟 𝕕𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕘𝕖 𝕨𝕙𝕚𝕝𝕖 𝕨𝕒𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕘𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕓𝕖𝕘𝕚𝕟??

𝔸𝕔𝕥𝕦𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕪 𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕤 𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕧𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕠 "𝕚 𝕙𝕒𝕕 𝕙𝕠𝕝𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕕 𝕞𝕪 𝕘𝕦𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕙𝕒𝕕 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕤 𝕦𝕡"......𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕟𝕠 𝕣𝕒𝕝 𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖 𝕧𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕠 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕟𝕔𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕛𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕣𝕖𝕔𝕠𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥. 𝕊𝕠 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕨𝕖 𝕜𝕟𝕠𝕨 𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕥-𝕤𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥 𝕨𝕒𝕤 𝕛𝕒𝕞𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕥𝕣𝕚𝕘𝕘𝕖𝕣 𝕘𝕦𝕒𝕣𝕕 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕒𝕤 𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕒𝕚𝕤𝕖𝕕 𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕥-𝕤𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥 𝕥𝕖𝕟𝕤𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕖𝕕 𝕒𝕘𝕒𝕚𝕟𝕤𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕥𝕣𝕚𝕘𝕘𝕖𝕣 𝕕𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕘𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕘𝕦𝕟. ℍ𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕒𝕟𝕪 𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖𝕤 𝕡𝕣𝕧𝕚𝕠𝕦𝕤𝕝𝕪 𝕕𝕚𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕡𝕖𝕥𝕚𝕥𝕠𝕣 𝕡𝕖𝕣𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕒𝕞𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕢𝕦𝕖𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕚𝕘 𝕕𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕘𝕖? 𝕎𝕙𝕪 𝕕𝕚𝕕𝕟’𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕘𝕦𝕟 𝕕𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕘𝕖 𝕨𝕙𝕚𝕝𝕖 𝕨𝕒𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕘𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕓𝕖𝕘𝕚𝕟??
Joe, is that you joe biden?

I carry appendix but I don't carry a gun that is 0.1mm away from shooting frank or my femoral artery.
Who the fuck carries AIWB with a gun pointed at the femoral artery?

You'd have to have the gun at 2 oclock for that to happen and then the holster would dig in your thigh mercilessly every time you sat.

Do people even know where the femoral is?

SMFH

1666261257010.png

ℍ𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕒𝕟𝕪 𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖𝕤 𝕡𝕣𝕧𝕚𝕠𝕦𝕤𝕝𝕪 𝕕𝕚𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕡𝕖𝕥𝕚𝕥𝕠𝕣 𝕡𝕖𝕣𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕒𝕞𝕖 𝕤𝕖𝕢𝕦𝕖𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕚𝕘 𝕕𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕘𝕖? 𝕎𝕙𝕪 𝕕𝕚𝕕𝕟’𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕘𝕦𝕟 𝕕𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕘𝕖 𝕨𝕙𝕚𝕝𝕖 𝕨𝕒𝕚𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕘𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕓𝕖𝕘𝕚𝕟??

Have you ever heard of intermittent failures? They happen in all sorts of machines, guns included.

Yes thank you. My holsteted pistol never points at the center of my legs which is where the artery is. It doesn't even point anywhere close to my legs.

Not afraid of my junk either because it's behind the holster. So unless you walk around with a boner all day your dick and balls will be fine too.

That's not to say drawing and reholstering can be done carelessly but fudds hear me out: you sound stupid and ignorant with all this femoral artery bullshit.

Yes thank you. My holsteted pistol never points at the center of my legs which is where the artery is. It doesn't even point anywhere close to my legs.

Not afraid of my junk either because it's behind the holster. So unless you walk around with a boner all day your dick and balls will be fine too.

That's not to say drawing and reholstering can be done carelessly but fudds hear me out: you sound stupid and ignorant with all this femoral artery bullshit.

I'm just pointing out where the femoral artery he was referring to and how you apparently aren't as fucking smart as you think you are. However, I admire you're confidence in being so fucking wrong and deflecting. I never once said anything about how to carry...

"Who carries pointing at 2 o clock"😂😂😂

I'm just pointing out where the femoral artery he was referring to and how you apparently aren't as fucking smart as you think you are. However, I admire you're confidence in being so fucking wrong and deflecting. I never once said anything about how to carry...

"Who carries pointing at 2 o clock"😂😂😂

So you're another idiot who thinks normal AIWB holsters point the pistol at the femoral artery?

LOL

So you're another idiot who thinks normal AIWB holsters point the pistol at the femoral artery?

LOL

Nice try LOL You're starting to act like a liberal now. You could have just acknowledged you were wrong, yet you decide to try to make me out to be the Fudd because of your ignorant ass post calling someone else out🤦‍♂️

Great job bud. I've had enough of your bullshit for the day, continue on and have a great day.

Last edited:
If this were a stock p320. This would happen hundreds of times a day if not more. There’s more to the story,

This happens literally all the time and you almost never hear it happening with other platforms. There’s some cases of Glocks discharging while holstering getting something caught in the trigger but the P320 is the only one you continuously hear about firing in a holster uncommanded.

I’ve seen a handful of dm screenshots on ig stories lately about sig. Idk if these are sig employed or acquaintances passing on inside rumblings. The claims are that they have different levels of qc for contract vs civi guns and knowingly put out of spec parts in civi sales guns. I saw no mention of if this is a recent thing or if it goes back to 2019 even this guys gun was made

Actually pretty old news by now. It took Sig a couple years to finally admit there was an issue.

From 2017

Actually pretty old news by now. It took Sig a couple years to finally admit there was an issue.

Watch the video. In it he says he checked the sn before or right after he bought it and it had the update done.

From 2017

That's a different issue, stemming from a trigger that had sufficient mass to generate an unintended discharged when dropped.

The issue reported in the video above and from various police departments concerns the gun supposedly discharging without any drop or trigger pull. I don't know how that would be possible with a striker-fired pistol, as there should not be sufficient energy stored in the firing spring when the trigger is reset. I'm not familiar with the P320, but perhaps it attempts to "cheat" its way to a lighter trigger pull by using the slide return to store more energy, and this combined with sear slippage allows the gun to go bang. This would be engineering malpractice, but SIG seems to have a track record of that.

That's a different issue, stemming from a trigger that had sufficient mass to generate an unintended discharged when dropped.

The issue reported in the video above and from various police departments concerns the gun supposedly discharging without any drop or trigger pull. I don't know how that would be possible with a striker-fired pistol, as there should not be sufficient energy stored in the firing spring when the trigger is reset. I'm not familiar with the P320, but perhaps it attempts to "cheat" its way to a lighter trigger pull by using the slide return to store more energy, and this combined with sear slippage allows the gun to go bang. This would be engineering malpractice, but SIG seems to have a track record of that.
I think the firing pin spring and striker are held in full compression/retraction on the 320, no? So that would mean 100% of the energy to fire is stored and retained by the sear and various safeties. I'm not sure about that, but a brief search seemed to indicate that.

I think the firing pin spring and striker are held in full compression/retraction on the 320, no? So that would mean 100% of the energy to fire is stored and retained by the sear and various safeties. I'm not sure about that, but a brief search seemed to indicate that.
M&P are that way I believe.

Watch the video. In it he says he checked the sn before or right after he bought it and it had the update done.

You believe it's unrelated? I'd imaging it's a design flaw altogether and it's becoming more and more public as more and more people begin to publicly speak to it.

I don't carry anything that isn't either (a) double action, or (b) manual safety. If the extra second to click a manual safety means my ultimate demise ... then it was clearly my time to exit this troubled world.

It was mentioned in the video about some safety spring being defective but there's probably more issues than just that (in my opinion). If the striker safety lever spring (part of the striker assembly) couldn't return the striker safety lock (also part of the striker assembly) into a blocking position to prevent the striker from moving forward and sear slippage occurred the striker would fire. However, the new style P320 sears have an additional safety element to it that should catch the striker should there be a striker safety failure sear slippage. If the person in the video had the old style single ledge sear in his P320 X-Five, that would explain his experience. If he had the new style sear, then there are a whole bunch of other stuff that could've been wrong.

1666281657129.png

New style sear with second ledge.
1666280579967.png

Striker assembly

1666282505936.png

M&P are that way I believe.
Yes, both P320 and M&Ps are that way. The trigger pull itself does not compress the striker assembly any further and simply moves the sear downwards to allow the striker to fire.

Last edited:
Reactions: Makinchips208
I always want to try out a sig p320, but it seems like these videos keep coming. From both Leo AND civilians, taking the poorly trained Leo out of the equation

• Haha
Reactions: FWoo45
Every time I look at the inside of a SIG part these days I am fucking amazed at how many tiny parts and lightening cutouts they have.

It is like some engineers had a huge circle jerk with no concern for real world use and durability.

The new M5 is even worse.

Every time I look at the inside of a SIG part these days I am fucking amazed at how many tiny parts and lightening cutouts they have.

It is like some engineers had a huge circle jerk with no concern for real world use and durability.

The new M5 is even worse.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should. See it all the time.

Who the fuck carries AIWB with a gun pointed at the femoral artery?

You'd have to have the gun at 2 oclock for that to happen and then the holster would dig in your thigh mercilessly every time you sat.

Do people even know where the femoral is?

SMFH

View attachment 7980221
Relax, sailor.

I do know where the femoral artery is. No, my gun is not typically in a position that points the muzzle at the artery or my junk, but there are positions where it can happen.

You are correct.

there are positions where it can happen.

I can't see it happening when the holster is a 12 to 12:30 where I put it. I couldn't bring my thigh inwards anywhere close enough for the muzzle to point at the femur (alongside which the artery is). Even sitting down.

reminds me of the Dick Cheney story " I thought the guy next to me was a deer , so I shot him " or the follow up book " how to get away with shooting someone standing next to you by saying you thought they were a deer ." but who am i to say it did not happen I wasn't there .

I can't see it happening when the holster is a 12 to 12:30 where I put it. I couldn't bring my thigh inwards anywhere close enough for the muzzle to point at the femur (alongside which the artery is). Even sitting down.
I carry a little more toward 1:00. Right or wrong, that is what is most comfortable for me.

That said, this discussion is more about the hardware. Carrying a gun that is right on the edge of an unintentional discharge is just asking for problems. Tolerance stacking is a thing.

Reactions: jff_stvns
I carry a little more toward 1:00. Right or wrong, that is what is most comfortable for me.

That said, this discussion is more about the hardware. Carrying a gun that is right on the edge of an unintentional discharge is just asking for problems. Tolerance stacking is a thing

I'm not refuting this guy's video, BUT
he has his finger on the trigger and it looks like he is putting a bit of pressure on the trigger while he shakes the gun

I'd need to see him leave his finger completely off the trigger, nowhere near the trigger, load properly from a magazine and then try the shake thing again.

he has his finger on the trigger and it looks like he is putting a bit of pressure on the trigger while he shakes the gun

In that condition the disconnector should absolutely never ever let the firing pin drop.

SIG fucking sucks. I have zero doubt and trust me when I tell you that I stay he fuck out of the way of any shooter using a SIG when I'm ROing a USPSA match.

Reactions: gigamortis
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This font might make me have an ND.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. Or trigger my epilepsy...

Reactions: MarshallDodge
The M&P series, Glock's and Sig P320 are all designated as Double-Action-Only fire control mechanisms.

The striker is cocked 95-98% when the slide is in full battery. The trigger manipulation drives the sear mechanisms on to the arm of the striker to compress the spring 100 % before the sear mechanism releases the striker forward; all striker plunger blocking mechanisms have simultaneously been cleared from the striker path movement during the trigger pull manipulation.

M&P catalog. Glock Armorer Manual. American Rifleman.
Anatomy Series M&P Manual I authored.

Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 6.41.52 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 6.46.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 6.48.30 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 6.51.40 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-04 at 10.20.00 AM copy.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 7.19.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 7.22.41 PM.png

Reactions: Fig
The M&P series, Glock's and Sig P320 are all designated as Double-Action-Only fire control mechanisms.

The striker is cocked 95-98% when the slide is in full battery. The trigger manipulation drives the sear mechanisms on to the arm of the striker to compress the spring 100 % before the sear mechanism releases the striker forward; all striker plunger blocking mechanisms have simultaneously been cleared from the striker path movement during the trigger pull manipulation.

M&P catalog. Glock Armorer Manual. American Rifleman.
Anatomy Series M&P Manual I authored.

View attachment 7980669View attachment 7980670View attachment 7980671View attachment 7980672View attachment 7980674

View attachment 7980681

View attachment 7980684
Okay...