• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig P320 X Compact vs Walther PDP Compact

Jackomason

Poop-smith aka "Turd Herder"
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2013
Westcliffe Colorado
I'm looking at getting a new handgun for concealed carry. I got hooked on the P320 X Compact when I picked one up a scheels a few months back but as I get closer to buying one I keep seeing the PDP pop up in conversation.

The feature set on both seems great with the modularity of the 320 and how it fits my hands. While the PDP has the low bore axis and is cut for an RMR. I have yet to pick up a PDP but plan to next time I'm "in town".

Both seen small enough to carry and big enough to shoot regularly.

What do you guys think is the better option?

Reactions: Milf Dots
Take a look at the Hellcat while you're there.
The hellcat is not in the same category as the two pistols mentioned, but is still a good option (as is the P365 and G43X). I would personally shoot both if possible before making a decision. I have and enjoy my P320 compact, though I don’t carry it anymore due to my P365X. I have also heard good things about the PDP and would love to get my hands on one. Bottom line, don’t think you can go wrong and it will just come down to personal preference and/or what you can get a better deal on.

The hellcat is not in the same category as the two pistols mentioned, but is still a good option (as is the P365 and G43X). I would personally shoot both if possible before making a decision. I have and enjoy my P320 compact, though I don’t carry it anymore due to my P365X. I have also heard good things about the PDP and would love to get my hands on one. Bottom line, don’t think you can go wrong and it will just come down to personal preference and/or what you can get a better deal on.
They recently released a larger version of the Hellcat which may fit into this category a bit better.

6221dcbc9ad428854aa3a1122fb2740ff28161d89ea6f.png.jpeg

HC9319FOSP_L-Pinky.jpg

Hard to say till you shoot them, normally the sigs are a little nicer, but what works for one guy might really not work for the other guy.

Any place that rents them around you?

You can get a new slide for the Sig P320 that has the RDS cutout if you want (or just send it out to be milled).

You could also consider the new grip modules that are available from both SIG and 3rd parties, many of those significantly change how the pistol would fit in your hand.

Also remember most standard P320 series modes come from the factory with the M grip size but there is the S and the L available cheaply.

The new all metal grip modules change things significantly as well.

I'm looking at getting a new handgun for concealed carry. I got hooked on the P320 X Compact when I picked one up a scheels a few months back but as I get closer to buying one I keep seeing the PDP pop up in conversation.

The feature set on both seems great with the modularity of the 320 and how it fits my hands. While the PDP has the low bore axis and is cut for an RMR. I have yet to pick up a PDP but plan to next time I'm "in town".

Neither

10324407_02_cz_p10c_optics_ready_cz95130_n_640.jpg

Just as capable and modern as the two you've mentioned, far simpler internally than the SIG, and much more concealment friendly than both.

Neither

10324407_02_cz_p10c_optics_ready_cz95130_n_640.jpg

Just as capable and modern as the two you've mentioned, far simpler internally than the SIG, and much more concealment friendly than both.
Do you own one? I assume this is the P10 C. I talked my brother into getting an SP01 a few years back. Nothing against CZ here but I just don't know much about these ones.

For CCW I'd go P365 or G43X

Resisted the Sig train for a long time but I gotta say the P320 is a hell of a pistol. Sorta shocked how much I wound up liking it.

That said, it's on the chunky side for concealed carry. Fine in cooler climates but it's going to be a chore in the summer.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
Do you own one? I assume this is the P10 C.

Yes it is and yes I do. It's my current carry piece and I compete in USPSA with a P-10F.

I have about equal time/number of rounds with the P-10F and P-09 in USPSA and between those two I have close to 35,000 rounds fired combined in less than 3 years between matches, practice, and training.

With a properly set up Tier 1 Concealed Xyphos V2 holster I can easily and confortably conceal a P-10C under a t-shirt in summer at the 1:30 position.

I'd buy into the p320 or p365xl modular pistol system and be a happy M-F'er. Great pistols, very modular, very well supported, and an ever growing aftermarket. Just buy it and go shooting- don't over analyze!

ETA: If for some reason I didn't want the above Sigs, I'd take the HK vp, or CZ P10, before the Walther PDP.

Last edited:
I'd buy into the p320 or p365xl modular pistol system and be a happy M-F'er. Great pistols, very modular, very well supported, and an ever growing aftermarket. Just buy it and go shooting- don't over analyze!

ETA: If for some reason I didn't want the above Sigs, I'd take the HK vp, or CZ P10, before the Walther PDP.
I don't feel like I'm over analyzing, I leave that for the bolt gun stuff haha. My first handgun was a Gen 1 M&P 40. So I've done plenty of under analyzing!

I'd like to just make a decent choice and use it hard. That's all.

For CCW I'd go P365 or G43X

Resisted the Sig train for a long time but I gotta say the P320 is a hell of a pistol. Sorta shocked how much I wound up liking it.

That said, it's on the chunky side for concealed carry. Fine in cooler climates but it's going to be a chore in the summer.

For CCW, it's really hard to beat the Sig P365 / P365XL
They shoot well, are slim, have great capacity and endless amount of configuration options.

The P320 line is nice but for CCW it is still "chunky" even in the compact versions, compared to the P365 / P365XL versions.

Now if thick pistols don't bother you, then the compact P320 can use magazines with a lot higher capacity when it's time to not conceal it.

Reactions: TurboTrout
They shoot well, are slim, have great capacity and endless amount of configuration options.

The P320 line is nice but for CCW it is still "chunky" even in the compact versions, compared to the P365 / P365XL versions.

Now if thick pistols don't bother you, then the compact P320 can use magazines with a lot higher capacity when it's time to not conceal it.

Trigger is a aspect too, the XL and 320 have good triggers, not like a good modded 938, but still good

I didn't mind the 365xl I had looked at, I just felt like the 320 x compact wasn't giving anything up while still being fairly small.

I'd like to shoot a lot with the gun I get. It's likely that I get my wife the 365xl later on.

Do people actually shoot the crap out of their 365's?

I didn't mind the 365xl I had looked at, I just felt like the 320 x compact wasn't giving anything up while still being fairly small.

I'd like to shoot a lot with the gun I get. It's likely that I get my wife the 365xl later on.

Yeah actually, they shoot well and aren’t too snappy like many small guns.

I love mine. I have the wilson grip module on it and it is just a great little gun to shoot. It does have a little bit more snap to it over something like my P01, but I shoot just as well, if not better with the sig. I've only got about 1k rounds through mine so far as I shoot my CZ Shadow 2 the most, but its a great gun.

I love mine. I have the wilson grip module on it and it is just a great little gun to shoot. It does have a little bit more snap to it over something like my P01, but I shoot just as well, if not better with the sig. I've only got about 1k rounds through mine so far as I shoot my CZ Shadow 2 the most, but its a great gun.

Try out the Icarus metal grip module for your P365 it's a bit expensive (unless Sig has it on sale) but it gives the gun a whole new level of ergonomics.

I have a Walther PPQ and I will probably pick up a PDP when the Threaded Barrel option hits the streets.
I am also looking at a Sig 365 for my girlfriend as a daily carry weapon.

After having a Cat since they were released, and even after doing about every upgrade out there, I still consider selling it every time I take it to the range. Recently i held the new PDP-F and would probably replace the Cat with it.

Know this is older.

Considering down the road getting a 9mm threaded and optics cut from the factory and is smaller than full size. I would likely get a fly 9 for it. Hk, s&w, and Sig do not currently have anything that fits this. Even the pdp is a little bigger than I was considering. Going that way since I can't turn my sti gp6 (aka grandpower k100 mk6~) into a k100 whisper per emails with factory, and my m&p9c gen 1 is too expensive to get a threaded barrel and optics cut.

Pdp 4" compact, Fn509 mid tactical, hellcat pro osp, and czp-10c or Sr were on my list.

Pdp has a great trigger and I like the long slide release that is releasable with a full mag like my sti gp6.

Don't remember full details on the 509 but wasn't bad.
Hellcat is off my list. It has the Smith and Wesson shield problem. Cannot operate slide lock/ release left handed.

Just found the p10 option as I was writing this post.

Haven't decided yet but thought it would be helpful to someone else.

Also found this video today. P99 through the pdp (not -F) are all slide/ grip interchangeable.

Know this is older.

Considering down the road getting a 9mm threaded and optics cut from the factory and is smaller than full size. I would likely get a fly 9 for it. Hk, s&w, and Sig do not currently have anything that fits this. Even the pdp is a little bigger than I was considering. Going that way since I can't turn my sti gp6 (aka grandpower k100 mk6~) into a k100 whisper per emails with factory, and my m&p9c gen 1 is too expensive to get a threaded barrel and optics cut.

Pdp 4" compact, Fn509 mid tactical, hellcat pro osp, and czp-10c or Sr were on my list.

Pdp has a great trigger and I like the long slide release that is releasable with a full mag like my sti gp6.

Don't remember full details on the 509 but wasn't bad.
Hellcat is off my list. It has the Smith and Wesson shield problem. Cannot operate slide lock/ release left handed.

Just found the p10 option as I was writing this post.

Haven't decided yet but thought it would be helpful to someone else.

Also found this video today. P99 through the pdp (not -F) are all slide/ grip interchangeable.

Why do you want a carry gun with a threaded barrel? That is dumb, especially when carrying AIWB.

Why do you want a carry gun with a threaded barrel? That is dumb, especially when carrying AIWB.
A pistol with a short slide + threaded barrel in a longer holster (ex.: Glock 43X in a G48 holster) isn't a terrible combination.

If the threaded barrel pokes out from the distal end of the holster, it's extremely uncomfortable in exactly the way that should be expected from jamming metal objects into one's crotch.

A pistol with a short slide + threaded barrel in a longer holster (ex.: Glock 43X in a G48 holster) isn't a terrible combination.

What is the actual use of a threaded barrel on a carry pistol?

If you need a compensator on a 9 mm pistol, your grip just sucks.

Use it with a suppressor? LOL

99% of the 'tards running around with threaded barrels on their pistols do it because it looks cool.

What is the actual use of a threaded barrel on a carry pistol?

If you need a compensator on a 9 mm pistol, your grip just sucks.

Use it with a suppressor? LOL

99% of the 'tards running around with threaded barrels on their pistols do it because it looks cool.

Settle down, Beavis.

I don't carry aiwb. Never want to carry aiwb. I also want a suppressor host. Would not be carrying the suppressor. Tried the red dot on my Sig 322 as an experiment and I like it. These days I carry my m&p9c gen 1 in a safariland gls or ankle carry in an alien gear. Not getting rid of the m&p.
For reference my first 2 9mm's.
20200201_142030.jpg

20200704_095714.jpg

If I can get my wife to shoot 9mm more that's fine with me. My 22lr's are suppressed, my ar and Tikka are suppressed, not interested in doing my shotgun, and the fly 9 is pretty good. Why not?