• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Sig P365 owners?

Douglas-001

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2012
50 miles west of Camp Perry
Been eyeballin this little heater for some time now (at least 6 months or so..) and following reviews and reports. Thread search here came up with mostly WTS pistols. I recall a member had mag problems and was dismissed by Sig CS.....anywho....I would kindly ask if any members could give testimony on this Sig. Seems they have worked the bugs out, but the primer drags are still present and brings into question the striker reliability and improvements on that piece. I always considered Sig to be top shelf and the 10 rd. magazine puts it ahead of similar models (IMO). I welcome any thoughts and experiences from enlightened (not lit up ?) members.

Doug

Reactions: DubfromGA
I have one with about 600 rounds through it and love it. Groups nicely at 7 yards for such a small gun. No functional issue as of yet (I do take it apart and clean/lube it every couple hundred). The 12 round magazines are hard to beat. I run Sig 115g HP v-crown ammo with it.

My wife has one and absolutely loves it. Over 500 rounds thru it without a hiccup of any kind. It eats ball and hollow point ammo equally as well.

It is very accurate for it's small size. She has gotten bored shooting bullseyes and has started shooting bullet holes. She will randomly put holes in a target, then go back and shoot at each hole. Let me just say that she is lethal at self defense ranges.

I can't speak to Sig cs as we have not needed it.

I just picked one up, put 50 rounds thru it.
Inital impression: Great trigger, surprisingly accurate/easy to shoot for such a small pistol.
DW

I've had one since last summer. 600-700 rounds through it, no problem. I find mine shoots 124gr better than 115s and the Sig 124gr JHP is VERY accurate.

A was daily carrying in a recluse horse hide holster but the extra weight and the massive printing in Relaxed Wranglers has me carrying a G43 in a cheap sticky holster more often now. In fairness, it prints almost as bad but it's light enough that it doesn't drop my pocket. If I find loose Jean's again or end up going to slacks or cargo pants I'd go back to the Sig with no reservations.

I’ve got one with exactly 2000 rounds through it. I recently had my first malfunction, due to limp wristing when shooting with my nondominant hand. It’s a great gun and I highly recommend it. The packaging efficiency is still remarkable, it has a great trigger for a striker fired pistol, and overall the ergonomics are excellent. It’s become one of my favorite pistols.

I bought one about two months ago after threatening to buy one ever since they came out. Took it out right after and put 50 rounds through it. Made me wish I wouldn’t have waited so long. It replaced my CZ P-01 for EDC. For me shoots very easy and more accurate than the CZ. For whatever reason the CZ was always low and left. Only pistol I struggle with that. Would not be surprised if there is a second one in my future for my wife.

Thanks members. Figured this thread was DOA as there was not a lot of feedback until recently. Went ahead and bought one-with the safety-so I'll soon warm it up. I can already hear the flap about the safety, but I consider it a good feature and it's easy to use. Good luck and good shooting!

Doug

Regarding their customer service, I bought my son a p365 pellet pistol. The mag ended up taking a shit. He’s 12, and I had him email them with suggestions on a possible fix. The emailed him back and sent out a replacement mag at no charge. I might buy him. The real thing next.

Reactions: 2ndamendfan
Most of the initial stories about problems came from the first batch which was a long time ago.
Buy a brand new current production run and chances are you'll never have an issue.

Bought one, then my friend bought another, both ran their initial 100+ rounds without an issue, a mix of target ammo as well as light SD ammo and really hot +P SD ammo.

My 365 has about 800 trouble free rounds. It is also accurate and has a great trigger. My was made in mid Feb 2018.
Was looking for another CC pistol and tried a 365. The (1)sample I tried had an awful trigger. Ended up purchasing a shield 2.0 45 with crimson trace for $300.00 at Sportsman’s Warehouse. Couldn’t pass that up!

I have had mine since March of ‘18, so it should be what the crybabies call a “problem gun” that made everyone in the interweb scared to buy a 365.
I have over 3k rounds through mine, and 6 different magazines. Not a single issue. Great trigger, good sights, small but very accurate and good capacity.
You won’t be disappointed.

I originally was on a waiting list back when the 365 came out but cancelled when I started hearing reports of problems and instead decided to wait for later iterations. I have a couple p320s and went through the voluntary recall for them and didn’t want to potentially have to do the same with the 365. Any of you also have a p320 and can speak to how it compares to the 365?

P365 sas followed me home today. I’m liking it so far. 2-300 rounds through it this weekend will see if I love it or not.
79D1BA23-23B4-4298-A80B-35E496DA8850.jpeg

I shot a friends a good bit. I really liked it. Fit in hand and the trigger were surprising.
I already had a g43 for warm weather and 19 for cooler temps that I run well and am all set up for.
If starting out without those, I would be looking into this most likely.

I've concealed carried numerous pistols since 1984, the SIG P365 is hands down the winner to date. On a good day it can give my CZ Shadow2 a run for it's money. Point shoots like a champ, single or double tap. Accuracy at 5/10/15/25/50yds is amazing IMO. It also handles +P ammunition recoil like standard velocity. Pretty amazing high capacity, lightweight, compact, easy to conceal firearm. I also have no problem with a double stack .45 grip and no complaints with the P365 grip ergonomics.

Previous and some still in inventory carry guns: SIG P230, Colt Python, Beretta S70, Caspian Commander .45, Colt Gold Cup .45, SIG P220, SIG, P226, Kimber Custom II .45, Para Ordnance P-12, Kahr PM40, SIG P320 X-Carry.

If you can't shoot a P365 accurately you really need to get professional instruction.

Wow. Is the ring tritium as well? That's BRIGHT. I've heard some folks love it or hate the SAS once they get to the range. I eagerly await your range report.

Not to get to a political discussion of springfield BS, but curious how the trigger is vs the Springfield Hellcat if anybody has shot both. I like the more "Glock/VP9 like Hellcat trigger in theory, but nobody here has a Hellcat. Gun show this weekend so maybe I can dry fire if they'll let me.

I got my 365 in Jan 2019 so it was mfg after some earlier production models that had some failure to get in battery recoil spring-related issues and light primer strikes. I switched to a Grayguns flat trigger just because. This one has 1325 rounds including a lot of +P RNP 65 grain ammo; I don't recall a single mechanical malfunction. I like the extended mags. Someone asked about comparing it to a 320; they couldn't be more different in so many ways; this is a P320 X-VTAC with Deltapoint Pro and Dawson suppressor fiber optic front sight, that fits in a Safariland GLS holster. A comparison of the 365 to some other small carry guns from under the mattress.
IMG_1230 copy.JPG
IMG_4747.jpg

Wow. Is the ring tritium as well? That's BRIGHT. I've heard some folks love it or hate the SAS once they get to the range. I eagerly await your range report.

Not to get to a political discussion of springfield BS, but curious how the trigger is vs the Springfield Hellcat if anybody has shot both. I like the more "Glock/VP9 like Hellcat trigger in theory, but nobody here has a Hellcat. Gun show this weekend so maybe I can dry fire if they'll let me.
Yeah the ring seems to be tritium also. It’s actually a really neat looking sight.

I looked at a SAS last year, you definitely want to get behind one before you buy,,,I have a standard 365 and a XL with the Romeo sight inbound,,,,never shoot my 43 anymore

Wife's 365 has little over 2000 rounds through no issues at all. purchased about 16 months ago.

Oh I will add she has a P320 also. Yea they are not really close to the same. After shooting about 60 different pistols at a local range she said the Sig grip hurt the least amount. So she is a Sig fan.

365 and and 365 xl are both great. Just got a 320 xcompact and loving it as well. 365 definitely the easiest to conceal.

You can get the SAS slide as an add on for your existing P365.

I never thought much of needing it until......

I was going to unload my P365 that is my daily carry in a DeSantis sticky pocket holster (Softish).

The gun simply would not come out of the holster for anything, no matter how hard I tried.....

It seems after months of carry, it had managed to get the front site stuck out forward of the front of the holster and then got wedged there!

Had I needed to pull it for defensive purposes, well I wasn't going to win that fight or even be in the fight.

I fixed it by cutting a slot to avoid the problem in the future, but it did make me think about how you could catch that front site on so many different things and that slick front could be useful.

The sas version is slick sided too. The slide release is really just a slide catch and the takedown lever is a takedown screw
image.jpg

Reactions: seansmd
I looked at a SAS last year, you definitely want to get behind one before you buy,,,I have a standard 365 and a XL with the Romeo sight inbound,,,,never shoot my 43 anymore

How do you like the Xl compared to the smaller 365?

6000 rounds through a company gun with only a couple of failures to feed. Trigger gets better after 200 rounds and accuracy tightens up as well. Gun does not like 10 in the mag plus one in the breach. Magazine sits perfectly with 9 though.

Reactions: Geno C.
Put a couple mags through it at lunch. All went well. It’ll take some getting used to the potted barrel though. Not used to that. The sights were easy to acquire and I shot it pretty well.
4014CC4A-7B25-4731-85C5-4DA5C2CA45D1.jpeg

I own the xl and the original. I love the xl, I even got the xl grip module for my original so it's best of both worlds.

Owned the sas and never could adjust to the sight... Sold it.

Reactions: 260284
You can get the SAS slide as an add on for your existing P365.

I never thought much of needing it until......

I was going to unload my P365 that is my daily carry in a DeSantis sticky pocket holster (Softish).

The gun simply would not come out of the holster for anything, no matter how hard I tried.....

It seems after months of carry, it had managed to get the front site stuck out forward of the front of the holster and then got wedged there!

Had I needed to pull it for defensive purposes, well I wasn't going to win that fight or even be in the fight.

I fixed it by cutting a slot to avoid the problem in the future, but it did make me think about how you could catch that front site on so many different things and that slick front could be useful.

Glad I came back and re-read this. I carry a G43 or a P365 in a Sticky MD1 and never thought of the front site embedding. I have a Recluse for the 365 as well and it carriers and draws well but adds to much thickness in jeans for my liking.

Thanks for the tip, I'll pay attention for any signs of this.

Chris

I picked up an XL last weekend and got it to the range this week. I put about 250 rounds through it, mostly round nose target rounds and about 50 124 grain HST rounds. Not a single issue. Handles very well. I have medium sized hands and had no issues shooting it well. Hit what I pointed/aimed at. More accurate than me. I traded in a 938 that I loved but would not feed hollow-points. Sent it back to Sig three times... I've handled the SAS and really liked it. Went back to seriously look at it but it was gone and the XL was there. The only negative I've heard about the SAS is that the sights are not adjustable. The gun either shots great from the factory or it doesn't, in which case it means a trip back to the mother ship.

Does anyone have a good IWB holster for the 365SAS, with and without the laser?

I have a desantis sticky pocket, but want a IWB option too.

Not at all an expert on pistols, but I have put quite a few rounds thru the 365. Tried one out a few different times at a range that has rentals. Basically, as stated above, it is accurate as hell and surprisingly controllable considering it's size. I have small long fingers and find it pretty comfortable too. Only thing I've picked up that fit my hand better was a p30sk, which I really like but haven't fired. Obviously the sig would be easier to conceal than the hk.

Douglas-001
How do you like the safety version?

The safety is ambidextrous which I thought was a nice touch. Just like a 1911. And as any real pistolero knows, not only is that the best platform, but the safety is intuitive and easy to release. It was a personal preference, still a little crisp but I'm sure it will break in. Just enough of a lever to easily flip up or down as needed. I will sniff around for one of the 12 rd mags. The 15 rounders are nowhere to be found! :mad: Considering the weather up here, I usually carry a much larger heater under the Carhartts, but this easily fits in a coat pocket. All I know is that I'm probably the most heavily armed man in the canned vegetable aisle at the grocery store! ?

I got a chance to shoot an XL with Romeo sight today. The 3moa dot is situated quite a bit lower than a regular RMR because of the co-witness. RMR co-witness’s with suppressor height. Between the small 3moa dot and the low placement, it’s hard to see. 5moa would be better IMHO

Bought my P365 Oct 2018. 1733 rounds so far. It's actually fun to shoot, unlike it's predececor, Kahr PM9. I really have to watch my grip though. I've had a few inadvertent slide locks when my thumb got on the lever. I'm in the minority it seems in preferring the 10 round mags. I bought this for ultimate concealability.

Reactions: phlegethon
Bought my P365 Oct 2018. 1733 rounds so far. It's actually fun to shoot, unlike it's predececor, Kahr PM9. I really have to watch my grip though. I've had a few inadvertent slide locks when my thumb got on the lever. I'm in the minority it seems in preferring the 10 round mags. I bought this for ultimate concealability.
The sas version gets rid of that slide lock sticking out there ?

Bought mine when they first came out. Hadn't fired a round through it, but while dry firing, the striker broke. Sent it back to Sig and while it was gone, bought an aftermarket steel stiker. Put the steel striker in when Sig sent the pistol back and kept their replacement for a spare.

Now have about 1500 rounds without any problems.

There have been issues of the lighting strike steel strikers failing/breaking. The new design Sig is using seems to have ended the issues. Bad metal was the cause.