• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SIG Precision Scoped Rifle?

Re: SIG Precision Scoped Rifle?

I'm planning to attend the class in the spring, haven't heard much about this class but Sig is supposed to be a good training facility. I figure if nothing else its range time after a long winter...

Re: SIG Precision Scoped Rifle?

So I took this course 14-16 Oct 2011 in Epping, NH (SE NH, within 1-1/2hr drive of Boston). Seven students and 1 instructor.

I would say it is a decent course for those with no scoped rifle experience. Day 1 was full classroom, as it was raining and windy. I would have been happy to shoot but getting the newbies on paper would have been difficult.

Day 2 was zero at 100yd and lots of work at 100yd (groups, slow fire, rapid fire, steel, box test) then out to 200yd for a few hours. Day 3 was 100yd, 200yd and then out to 300yd.

Given that 3 of 7 showed up and used borrowed rifles and ammo, I think that was all the course could offer and still keep the students together.

Unfortunately, the range only operates 8am-6pm Mon-Sat and Noon-6pm Sun, so trigger time is limited on weekends. Their current range is only out to 300yd. They had a 500yd but plan to open a 1000yd in Spring 2012 and are limed to 300yd until then.

I learned and got good shooting in, and as the range is 30min from home in NH, it was fine. Until they get the 1000yd range up, I wouldn't travel far for the course unless you were a newbie on scoped rifles.

I'm ready for a taste of 700yd+ with my Rem700 308!