• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Sauer® KILO® 3000BDX mark II

Canuck525

Private
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2017
Any chance Sig is going to address the issues with the original and come out with a Mark II in the near future?

Interestingly enough, I recently purchased the BDX 3000 and mine are pretty tight.

I have read that the reticle may not be aligned to the target, but I have not noticed this in my limited testing. I do plan to testing this soon though.

yeah mine are pretty solid; i think they did very well with the 3000 bdx

Someone asked what the "ISSUES" are
1) non locking diopters which seem to spin on their own( how did that ever get by in the first place)
2) Beam not aligned with reticle( that's pretty darn important for a rangefinder)
3) Objective lenses not recessed enough therefore can become damaged easily
4) No lense caps

I will wait till these things have been addressed and if not I for one will not touch them.

1) non locking diopters which seem to spin on their own( how did that ever get by in the first place)
2) Beam not aligned with reticle( that's pretty darn important for a rangefinder)
4) No lense caps

I will wait till these things have been addressed and if not I for one will not touch them.
1. Mine are easy to move, but they don't spin on their own. I heard this problem has been fixed with the newer ones in inventory.

2. I have heard very little about this I believe there may be some isolated cases, but not widespread. Have not noticed this with the one pair I own.

3. I have used mine for a season of turkey hunting, deer hunting and banging steel at the range. During hunting they get thrown in the backseat of my truck with my other shit I don't purposely abuse my stuff, but I don't baby my stuff either hadn't had a problem yet.

4. I agree Sig should have included some lens caps instead of that god awful bino harness contraption they came with that promptly went in the trash where it should have stayed at the Sig plant, but there was a guy making some and I believe there are some Butler Creek scope caps that will fit.

For me overall I love these things way better than a regular LRF and having my LRF and binos in one is great I will never go back to carrying a separate LRF and bino while hunting again.

Truth is, the list from @Canuck525 are all easily fixable issues. Given the rapid advancement and multiple players in the RF Bino market, I'm going to sit back and wait for someone (maybe Sig even) to address all of these, and give hunters a better option that isn't $3000. I want to try the new Geovid.com, but I'm not sure I can swing the $3k, knowing that Vortex or Sig or even Leupold could offer something for half the price does it almost all of it.

4) No lense caps

The sample I had for a week suffered from all of the above. Diopters sucked, and the beam was actually outside the circle reticle at 6 o'clock. Nothing inside the circle at all. You shouldn't have to fix a schittty design with an o'ring on a brand new binocular IMO.

Reactions: PFG
1. Mine are easy to move, but they don't spin on their own. I heard this problem has been fixed with the newer ones in inventory.

2. I have heard very little about this I believe there may be some isolated cases, but not widespread. Have not noticed this with the one pair I own.

3. I have used mine for a season of turkey hunting, deer hunting and banging steel at the range. During hunting they get thrown in the backseat of my truck with my other shit I don't purposely abuse my stuff, but I don't baby my stuff either hadn't had a problem yet.

4. I agree Sig should have included some lens caps instead of that god awful bino harness contraption they came with that promptly went in the trash where it should have stayed at the Sig plant, but there was a guy making some and I believe there are some Butler Creek scope caps that will fit.

For me overall I love these things way better than a regular LRF and having my LRF and binos in one is great I will never go back to carrying a separate LRF and bino while hunting again.
Tested mine today, and the reticle is dead-on out to 853 yds.

Reactions: Steel+Killer
When you've got a 50-50 response ratio of "yeah mine works great" to "yeah mine has probs", that screams of QC issues.

I feel like Sig is getting a pass because they are one of the few players in the game at that price point.

As an example - If these same reports came out about a scope and its repeatability, no one would touch em.

No it doesn't.

Mmmmm, I'm afraid it does, bro.

So you're saying you would own a rifle scope that functioned, as advertised, for 50% of responders on a thread about that rifle scope?

Guess we found the "I still use all leupolds" guy.

No way in heck you would. So chill. The Sig is a product with a lot of potential, but poorly executed. Lots of guys are willing to accept the work arounds in order to use it. If you are one of those, and it works for you, then rock on brother. But I refuse to need tricks and o-rings and witness marks on an RF optic of that cost.

Fix the diopters.
Fix the beam alignment.

Until then - Its bad design and bad QC

Gotta agree with PFG, Any objective person would come to the same conclusion that QC is an issue which is why I wouldn't buy one at present. How can anyone believe the beam alignment outside the reticle is acceptable ? If so I really have to question your motives.

Reactions: PFG
Gotta agree with PFG, Any objective person would come to the same conclusion that QC is an issue which is why I wouldn't buy one at present. How can anyone believe the beam alignment outside the reticle is acceptable ? If so I really have to question your motives.

Its not but a handful of complaints doesn't mean all that much. "Response ratio" on a forum is ridiculous and meaningless. That's coming from someone that will never own another SIG firearm too.

No it doesn't.
Not giving it a pass, just stating my experience.
I actually purchased this on a whim,/sale and did not do a lot of research like I typically do. I admit I probably wouldn’t have purchased one either if I read the forums first.
However, I really do like them so far.
Great to range target into Kestrel and get distance on both in one shot. Glass is really pretty good.
Lenses are a bit short and I do worry about damage.

Reactions: Steel+Killer
Look, these fixes should be relatively easy. I will just wait for this to happen and if not I will buy something else. I am probably leaning towards the new Leica 3200.com anyway. However, I am going to wait for feedback on it. I need something which will range a coyote consistently at 1200 yards or so( 1500 would be better but 1200 would be pretty good) and won't break the bank( hopefully under 3 grand). I had a vectronix which would do that with ease but I sold it about 4 years ago getting all my money back out of it. I thought surely the new updated stuff must have caught up to it 10 years later. What can I say? I was dead wrong. Still after hearing all the CS issues with Vectronix I would NOT buy one again. I never had a problem and thank God I didn't from what I heard of their customer service.

A couple of points:

1) A 50/50 ratio of complaints to compliments does not indicate a 50% failure rate.

2) Problems such as loose diapter adjustments and misaligned reticles are not "quality control" problems; they are design issues. It's common in the firearms world to attribute every problem to "poor QC", as if it's normal to manufacture problematic parts and that inspecting it one more time really closely is the key to success.

A couple of points:

1) A 50/50 ratio of complaints to compliments does not indicate a 50% failure rate.

2) Problems such as loose diapter adjustments and misaligned reticles are not "quality control" problems; they are design issues. It's common in the firearms world to attribute every problem to "poor QC", as if it's normal to manufacture problematic parts and that inspecting it one more time really closely is the key to success.

Well stated. I agree with cleaning up the way we describe this optic, using poor design over poor QC.

How would it be possible for some units to have beam within the reticle and others outside of it? If this relates to design, then it’s outside of my knowledge of the tech and it’s manufacturing.

Is the kilo 3000 made in same factory as there other rangefinders?

Last edited:
gotta laugh at the responses on here, same guys saying no, probably own Vortex. Recieved mine 3 days. Compared them side x side with the Leica's before i purchased them. Leica's $3000, Kilo 3000bdx, $900 While the leica had better glass, that was it. Kilo's offer much more for the money. The pair i recieved have shown none of the problems listed above. I would have liked lens covers, but that's a something to nit pick about, not a deal breaker. I have no problem with the diopters. Beam is aligned correctly. Pairing them to the app on the iphone and Kestrel is easy. I can see why these are reported to be the most widely used range finder bino's out there.

Glad they worked out good for you @jinxx4ever . I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, but the diopters are perfectly fine in a shooting, or tripod mounted scenario. The problem arrises when they are stored in a chest pack, or worn with a harness, and taken in and out to glass-move-repeat. Pulling the bins out to find the diopters moved and you can't focus the binos on game...thats a real kick in the nuts. And all of the sudden, the time saved with one less device in the field becomes time wasted.

i have a pair purchased in Nov 2019. Mine have none of these issues. I wish the beam was a bit tighter so as to be able to shoot through holes and not pick up objects other than what I am aiming, but I am only killing wild steel in open fields 99% of the time. Longest ranges I shoot are 1200 and in,so these are more than capable. And the real bonus -they cost less than 1K. Are they perfect? Not 100%. But they work for me. If they work for you, he’ll Yea! If not, spend the 3-4K and get what you want.

Reactions: seansmd
Also considering we basically all junked the weird bra contraption, what are you guys using instead to keep them secure around your neck?

Ok, just heard Sig is coming out with a new upgraded rangefinder bino with upgraded glass...This is good news indeed if true.....