• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Sig Sauer 516

Duckdog

Private
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2010
<span style="font-weight: bold">LONG</span> time lurker, first time poster.
I'm doing some research for a buddy of mine who isn't skilled in the arts of "Web-fu".
He's wanting a new AR, but he's real hung up on one of the newer gas piston type ARs.

I've searched here and didn't come up with much. I've read, somewhere, that the newer Sig model was having accuracy problems. To the point that some agencies were sending them all back. Wish I could remember where I read that.

Another one he's looking at is the new Ruger. Are there other brands he should be looking at with the gas piston system? Trust me, there's no changing his mind on that one.

I noticed recently that Les Baer is coming out with one. Would it be worth the wait?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Sig Sauer 516

POF's are great gas piston AR's.

The new stag M8 is one I'd personally consider as well.It's the newest of the new designs for 2010.Go check out the upgrades it has vs all others.

Steve

I have the pof in 308 and it shoots great. Gas piston is the way to go (IMO).

I just bought a Smith & Wesson M&P15 piston system AR. I chose this one because it just felt the best in hand compared to the others I looked at. This this is light and not at all front heavy. S&W is using a modified Adams Arms system which already has a good track record. I'm looking forward to my 1'st range trip to see how it performs. S&W has really jumped into the AR market in a big way and their quality is top shelf. Range report to follow soon.