• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Sig Sauer Bullets and Bandages 1, Epping NH

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    Up at Sig today and the next two.

Bullets and Bandages 1.

Great class so far.

Taught by the principle of Dark Angel Medical - Kerry Davis.

He presents the material well.

Ive had some training before so some of this seems repetitive but with each thing gone over I have been thinking "Oh yeah, forgot about that...."

Liking the drills in class where he calls out randomly "Left leg!" or "Non Dominant arm!" than times how long it takes for people to apply their staged training TQ.

No shooting today or tomorrow. We have some more material to cover tomorrow than the latter half of the day will be practical app on wound cubes and introducing some other basic FA gear.......He has also offered to look at personal IFAKs and provide opinion on too little, too much, only suitable for physicians, just right......looking forward to this last.

Wednesday I think the shooting drills will be to take on a threat than either self aid or treat a team mate after the threat is neutralized.

Kind of bummed to hear Sig has been hit by the bullet drought.

They are saving their 5.56/.223 ammo for dedicated rifle classes it seems.

I was hoping to not hit my pile and use their ammo at a reasonable cost and because it was available.

Round count is estimated at 200 rifle and 200 pistol.

Both counts are usually conservative....exceedingly so with pistol.

I may end up bringing my own 5.56/.223 as I wanted to shoot my personal rifle as opposed to the one I generally bring up there.

I will probably put Bullets and Bandages 2 on my list of classes to take as it sounds like they use force on force training and Im assuming you have to treat your own Simunition hits either taken or given.

The Texachusetts herd of Black Angus are out feeding......

WgXdWTIl.jpg

Sig is building a firearms playground at their Epping, NH facility....

NUS6BvHl.jpg

Im guessing its going to be like the Las Vegas shooting ranges.....Lowell, Massachusetts is going to get to come north and get their firearms training an hour at the time using Sig products.

Two days in the classroom and one day on the range.

Its the right ratio of class to practical application.

Its what I wanted in this class more medical than "pew, pew".

The medical is pretty basic but its what is needed to get someone with traumatic injury to the hospital alive.

My previous training was "Stop the bleeding, start the breathing, protect the wound, treat for shock"

Kind of still the same just improved means to get there.

Morning shooting drills were using pistol.

Drill is a 5 shot scenario.

Load with one in chamber, two in mag

Draw fire two rounds than game taking a hit in the arm called out...dominant or off hand.

Fire one more round using the uninjured arm.

Move to cover, apply a tourniquet to the wounded limb.

Reload and get the gun operational.

Fire two more rounds.

We did the same in the afternoon with rifle. Lots of reps.

This was the initial course so the drills were by the numbers.

In Bullets and Bandages II I think the idea is that the scenarios become less predictable.

Im not sure but I think they use one of the shoot house ranges and the instructor uses a simunition to simulate your wound.

Student engages targets while instructor is on a cat walk. I assumed this based on instructors comments concerning B&B II.

Ill be signing up for it when Kerry Davis comes around next year.