• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Sauer Elite Hunter Tipped 130 grain 6.5 CM

rmiked

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2023
I ordered some factory ammo for my new Seekins SP10. The Sig Sauer box says the bullet is black finished with yellow tip. I think Sierra makes the bullet. The box has pictures and description matching black bullet, yellow tip, nickel cases. The Ammo in the box is copper bullet with green tip. I can’t find these cartridges for sale anywhere on SIG website or anywhere else. Does anyone know anything about these cartridges? It’s very odd the ammo in the box doesn’t match the box description. I do reload 300 Win Mag but not yet acquired dies for 6.5 CM and I just got the rifle. I don’t even know IF the bullets are target bullets or hunting bullets. I want hunting bullets. Thanks in advance

Where did you buy these?
What headstamp is on the brass?

Pictures might help.

I bought them at EuroOptics. I didn’t inspect the head stamp but attached 2 pics of box and cartridges. I measured the bullet diameter at 0.264 it’s 6.5 CM. I’m not at home now but will look at headstamp.

Attachments

• IMG_2522.jpeg
    IMG_2522.jpeg
    524.1 KB · Views: 26
I found some Sierra bullets with green tip and they were target bullets. My concern is these may not be hunting bullets. I intend to hunt deer with them. Don’t want a target bullet. When the box contents don’t match the box, makes you uncertain about the entire load. I have contacted EuroOptics and they are trying to figure out what I received.

I found some Sierra bullets with green tip and they were target bullets. My concern is these may not be hunting bullets. I intend to hunt deer with them. Don’t want a target bullet. When the box contents don’t match the box, makes you uncertain about the entire load. I have contacted EuroOptics and they are trying to figure out what I received.

They could also be the 130 tipped game kings, which would be one of sierras hunting bullet designs.

They came from a legit retailer and don’t look like reloads, I’d wager they’re fine other than not having the sig branded colours.

Reactions: spife7980