• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Sauer Kilo4k Rangefinder makes Garmin Tactix 7 Pro AB restart when ranging

Comhertz

Private
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2020
Florida
Working with, new as of this week:
Sig Kilo 4k rangefinder
Garmin Tactix 7 Pro AB
Sig SIERRA6BDX 3-18x44 mm
IOS versions for related software for the above

The garmin will self restart after I press the range button on the kilo 4k. Something is triggering the Garmin to crash then restart. I have removed the kilo from the TacTix7 under "Sensors and accessories", then added new several times. Same error. Tried adding the kilo as a "Applied Ballistics" sensor which is also an option. It connects, but once I range, TacTix7 crashes.

If I place the Kilo4k in BDX-U mode which removes the Garmin from the setup, Scope and rangefinder work as expected. No issues.

All three have the latest firmware as of today 4/22/2023.

I just purchased into this Garmin/Sig ecosystem, so I have a chance of returning if this can't be solved.

Edits:
Modified thread to reflect this reboot happens regardless of the sierra6bdx being joined.
Added @Garmin as 6.5SH recommends.
Link to thread which includes similar issue, see message 160:

Thanks.

Last edited:
@Comhertz, have you tried a full reset on the Tactix? In the Tactix 7 thread above @Huckmeat suggested trying that as he had the watch replaced to resolve the issue but admits he never tried a full reset first. That would be the first thing I tried.

@Comhertz, have you tried a full reset on the Tactix? In the Tactix 7 thread above @Huckmeat suggested trying that as he had the watch replaced to resolve the issue but admits he never tried a full reset first. That would be the first thing I tried.
I haven’t tried that. I did chat w Garmin support. They said Kilo4k not on supported device list, but they had me pull a debug log from the watch. They were giving it to their support engineers, but no solution at this time. I may just return both the kilo and garmin as I just purchased. Will try the reset before I actually return though.

Please try the full reset. Our supported devices list has gotten out of date, I'll see about getting it updated. I can assure you that the Kilo 4K works with the Tactix as do all the Sig K series range finders, the K2400BDX and the K3000BDX.

Working with, new as of this week:
Sig Kilo 4k rangefinder
Garmin Tactix 7 Pro AB
Sig SIERRA6BDX 3-18x44 mm
IOS versions for related software for the above

The garmin will self restart after I press the range button on the kilo 4k. Something is triggering the Garmin to crash then restart. I have removed the kilo from the TacTix7 under "Sensors and accessories", then added new several times. Same error. Tried adding the kilo as a "Applied Ballistics" sensor which is also an option. It connects, but once I range, TacTix7 crashes.

If I place the Kilo4k in BDX-U mode which removes the Garmin from the setup, Scope and rangefinder work as expected. No issues.

All three have the latest firmware as of today 4/22/2023.

I just purchased into this Garmin/Sig ecosystem, so I have a chance of returning if this can't be solved.

Edits:
Modified thread to reflect this reboot happens regardless of the sierra6bdx being joined.
Added @Garmin as 6.5SH recommends.
Link to thread which includes similar issue, see message 160:

Thanks.
I'm having a similar issue with LRF connecting to the Garmin Foretrex 901. After ranging a few targets, the connection to the LRF bombs out and requires manually reestablishing the Bluetooth connection. Super annoying and renders the workflow useless.

I'm having a similar issue with LRF connecting to the Garmin Foretrex 901. After ranging a few targets, the connection to the LRF bombs out and requires manually reestablishing the Bluetooth connection. Super annoying and renders the workflow useless.
Hello, please submit a report and a ticket over to Garmin. https://support.garmin.com/en-US/

Has this been fixed ?
I’m thinking about buying in… would hate to spend that money and deal with these bugs