• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Sauer Precision Scoped Rifle Skill Builder Sept 22, 2023

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    I signed up for it.

Skill Builders are usually fun because they have no set agenda. Instructor and students voice what they want to do.

Going to bring a wood gun.

Any Hiders got some spare money?

Reactions: BurtG
    Have you taken any of their PSR 101-103 classes? I’ve taken a half dozen of their handgun classes and two carbine classes but the PSR classes are hard to get on and also super expensive.

Their prices are starting to reflect their Gucci, we build shit for the military, identity.

I used to take a class every quarter in a past life because their training was doctrine.

I have taken PSR1, PSR2, Reach for 1000, and the Skill Builder for scoped rifle classes.

I have also taken pistol classes, carbine and some of the combined skills classes. One of the best was a three day first aid by DARK Med.

It all related to my career at the time.

The Reach for 1000 class is good for getting dope, little training, usually attended by peeps that only want to say they shot at 1000 yards. I don’t recommend it unless your are going to proof a load and correct your Kestrel.

The skill builders in any discipline were good value at $250 or so but the new pricing is starting to make it unattractive.

I like that the drills are usually physical and varied in skill builders. They ask you to do things you usually don’t do.

For scoped rifle Skill builder won’t expect to shoot beyond 750 yards and ammo counts should be sub 200, maybe 120 or so.

It’s not about quantity it’s about quality.

Reactions: BurtG
    Their prices are starting to reflect their Gucci, we build shit for the military, identity.

I used to take a class every quarter in a past life because their training was doctrine.

I have taken PSR1, PSR2, Reach for 1000, and the Skill Builder for scoped rifle classes.

I have also taken pistol classes and some of the combined skills classes.

It all related to my career at the time.

The Reach for 1000 class is good for getting dope, little training usually attended by peeps that only want to say they shot at 1000 yards. I don’t recommend it unless your are going to proof a load and correct your Kestrel.

The skill builders in any discipline were good value at $250 or so but the new pricing is starting to make it unattractive.

I like that the drills are usually physical and varied in skill builders.

For scoped rifle I won’t expect to shoot beyond 750 yards and ammo counts should be sub 200, maybe 120 or so.

It’s not about quantity it’s about quality.
    I like the idea of this skill builder, the price is easier to swallow than the other multi day PSR classes. But I agree their prices are starting to really creep up. I can shoot 1000 anytime I want at Sheepdog. I don’t know where in MA you are but it’s probably worth your drive to shoot there too. There’s a PRS match the previous weekend in September otherwise I’d consider joining you but I couldn’t get out two weekends in a row.

I used to love my days at Sig.

My skills have degraded so much now I have no desire for pistol or carbine classes due the embarrassment and the last few have featured classmates that were woke and made it less enjoyable,

Scoped rifle skill builder though….I have a new rifle I want to proof out and Shame the chassis people with. I can lay on my belly and chill.

Reactions: 308pirate
    Have you taken any of their PSR 101-103 classes? I’ve taken a half dozen of their handgun classes and two carbine classes but the PSR classes are hard to get on and also super expensive.
    I took PSR 101 in late July…got 1st degree burns on my elbows because the shooting mats were uncovered and got hotter than I anticipated. Overall, though, I was hot, tired and achy by the end of the 3-day course, but I learned how to hit steel at 300 yards and had a blast doing it!

D9634B3B-E9E6-4E82-B27C-AD246800CB1D.jpeg

Reactions: PabloPlutarco
    Should have posted all my stuff here that I posted in the bolt forum.

My thoughts on the class.

Thoughts on the class.

1. Good day of shooting. 80 rounds of FGMM shot at 100, 200, 650, 750.

2. My rifle did what I wanted it to. At 750 I wasn’t punching a fist size area of steel and my white painted plate looked like a Dalmatian with the impact fall but hits were consistent and misses were few. Conditions were ideal.

3. I think my 1/11.25 RHT standard barrel gives me more confidence. It would still be my “go to”.

4. I sense a different vibe at Sig. Attending since 2016 or so the vibe has changed. Early on it seemed to be former mil, cops, local boys that like to shoot. Last few classes seem over represented by doctors and higher end professionals. Talk now is of elk hunts and flying out to Wyoming for a long range class as if the cost was no big deal. Previously the current vibe was of freedom and gun rights now I get the feeling everyone is invested in MSM propaganda.

5. The facility. Now if you are a mere pleb there is a boackground invest, ID requirement, security post and an overbearing corporate feeling. I was told all the security is due their military contracts. I interpret that as they have sold themselves to their dot Gov identity and the public consumer is secondary. Sig moved to NH to escape an overbearing restrictive environment to continue public sales. Looks like now that they are the chosen arms supplier like Bezos will be the chosen supplier for slave needs their public sales are secondary and to provide funds to support their mil attachments.

Reactions: 308pirate
    Yes @PabloPlutarco fuck SIG.

Their products are average at best and have been for quite some time. The P320 is a fucking joke.

But now they think they're king shit because they're a big .gov contractor.

Yes @PabloPlutarco fuck SIG.

Their products are average at best and have been for quite some time. The P320 is a fucking joke.

But now they think they're king shit because they're a big .gov contractor.
    Everybody is entitled to their opinion…I’m not a fan of Glock, and they are also a .gov contractor. However, up to this point, my personal experiences with Sig handguns and their training programs have been nothing but positive. I’m a better shooter now as a result of the things that I learned there.
    Just putting it out there…not trying to change anybody’s mind.

Last edited:
    Everybody is entitled to their opinion…I’m not a fan of Glock, and they are also a .gov contractor. However, up to this point, my personal experiences with Sig handguns and their training programs have been nothing but positive. I’m a better shooter now as a result of the things that I learned there.
    Just putting it out there…not trying to change anybody’s mind.
    I agree. I’m not a fan of Sig as a company at all. I hate that they make their customers their beta testers. I dislike their optics and I strongly dislike their handguns. I’m a Glock shooter through and through.

That said, every experience I’ve had taking classes at Sig in NH have been nothing short of spectacular. I’ve take 8 classes in total and I always want to go back. The staff are professional, knowledgeable, and capable of actually teaching which is the hardest part. Sometimes I’m the only student out of ten not shooting an Sig and nobody gives me any grief. There’s no sales pitch to buy their products in the classes, which they easily could do but don’t. I figure I’ll continue to spend money on their classes but not their products, and I’m okay with that.

I agree. I’m not a fan of Sig as a company at all. I hate that they make their customers their beta testers. I dislike their optics and I strongly dislike their handguns. I’m a Glock shooter through and through.

That said, every experience I’ve had taking classes at Sig in NH have been nothing short of spectacular. I’ve take 8 classes in total and I always want to go back. The staff are professional, knowledgeable, and capable of actually teaching which is the hardest part. Sometimes I’m the only student out of ten not shooting an Sig and nobody gives me any grief. There’s no sales pitch to buy their products in the classes, which they easily could do but don’t. I figure I’ll continue to spend money on their classes but not their products, and I’m okay with that.
    I agree with this.

The cadre are pretty even keeled and many are very experienced.

They will criticize the corporate hand that feeds them on occasion.

Never once heard them beat their chests for company products or criticism the competition. Besides doing so is shitting on their customers decisions.

They will point out gear strengths and weaknesses but they recommend the buyer use their due diligence.

Actually saw an employee show up at our range and take some shots with his personal LMT .308 sporting a Tangent Theta.

Lately I see instructors only using Sig products in their classes but early on in my attendance there the PSR instructor used an XM-3 clone.

Glock vs Sig vs HK vs S&W vs Kimber vs Taurus etc…it all boils down to personal preference, and what the weapon can do in the hands of a capable, well-trained shooter.