• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Sauer SSG 3000 Patrol?

Tactical_Tom

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2009
PA, Bradford
What is the difference between the standard model and the Patrol other then the 18 inch barrel? Patrol seems to sell for $1000 less? The Patrol is selling at a number of places for $1400 while the standard model is $2500.

edit: I found out is a new model for 2012 with a different stock but cant find any pictures of it or info...

Re: Sig Sauer SSG 3000 Patrol?

I'm very interested, I really like the action but the stock is atrocious.

"SSG3000
RSSG-H24B-308-P SSG3000 PATROL, 23.5″ Barrel, 1:12″ Twist, Patrol Stock w/ Integral Aluminum Bedding $1,499.00
RSSG-H18B-308-P-TB Same as PATROL above with 18″ bbl, threaded 5/8×24 w/ thread protector $1,499.00
RSSG-H24B-308-SOF SSG3000 SOF, 23.5″ Barrel, 1:12″ Twist, Folding Aluminum Chassis $3,732.00"

copied from http://www.sigsauerguns.com/?s=7.62

So it looks the new Sig SSG3000 will have the aluminum chassis instead of the current McMillan stocks, and then there will be a patrol model with a different stock entirely. I hope they start importing the 22lr conversion kit again.

The SSG 3000 is a nice rifle, but overpiced for what you get, in it's original form.

Massoud if you don't like the stock there are options, the SSG 3000 is the same action as the 200 STR and there are quite a few stocks available for it, mostly from Europe though.

The STR is not available in the US, but has a good laminate stock and no muzzle break, witch is the difference between this and the SSG and cost about half.
This is the gun the 22 conversion was made for.

Not sure what Sig imports in the US, but there are a couple of different triggers for it, the Sig barrels are affordable, quite good and can be easily changed.
And most parts for it is available for purchase too, so it easy to fix if anything should go wrong.

Have'nt had or seen much trouble with these guns at all, and the accuracy is excellent for the price, mostly familiar with the STR but it's really the same weapon.

If you want a original one, get a patrol buy a stock from MCM and bed it and save your'e self some money, and well i'd prefer both the barrel options over the standard SSG 3000.
And i would advice you to by some Spuhr mounts for it as it fits in the original base.

The new chassis for the SSG, if you want informaton JBW#3 here on the hide would know where to send you, as he knows the maker.
For some pictures, try google : New SSG 3000 stock..

The SSG 3000 is a nice rifle, but overpiced for what you get, in it's original form in my opinion.

Massoud if you don't like the stock there are options, the SSG 3000 is the same action as the 200 STR and there are quite a few stocks available for it, mostly from Europe though.

The STR is not available in the US, but has a good laminate stock and no muzzle break, witch is the difference between this and the SSG and cost about half.
This is the gun the 22 conversion was made for.

Not sure what Sig imports in the US, but there are a couple of different triggers for it, the Sig barrels are affordable, quite good and can be easily changed.
And most parts for it is available for purchase too, so it easy to fix if anything should go wrong.

Have'nt had or seen much trouble with these guns at all, and the accuracy is excellent for the price, mostly familiar with the STR in 6,5x55 but it's really the same weapon.

If you want one, get a patrol, buy a stock from MCM or witch ever you prefer, bed it and save your'e self some money, and well i'd prefer both the barrel options over the standard SSG 3000.
Except from the stock, and different barrel length, no muzzle break it's the exactly same weapon.
And i would advice you to by some Spuhr mounts for it as it fits in the original base.

The new chassis for the SSG, if you want informaton JBW#3 here on the hide would know where to send you, as he knows the maker.
Maybe he will chime in. should be a picture in a post on the hide somewhere too.
For some pictures, try google : New SSG 3000 stock..

If we could get that STR here in that Moose biathalon model that someone from Finland (maybe?) posted awhile back I would have one or two already! I may even import one.

jbell where did you get your STR?

I looked at the new SSG stock at SHOT two years ago and then again this year. That chassis style is not my cup of tea, I'll take the walnut or laminated one on the STR that the rest of the world gets.
Justin

Justin I begged a very nice Hide member for it
cool.gif
. Here ya go:
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...rue#Post3515466

Oh man am I jealous! That sure is nice. I've read somewhere that the magazines are like a dime a dozen overseas.

Someday...

A magazine costs $60 over here. If you want some, one could probably oblige.

The rifle costs $2400, 22lr set $1100.

These rifles are subsidized by the military in Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland I belive. Used in shooting competition; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsYpMzuArbc&feature=related

300-400.000 of these rifles I belive are in circulation in Scandinavia.

Northman, thank you for the info. Last week I was able to contact the Sauer reps here in the US and they are working on it for me. I am also having them check on a 22lr kit so I can have an extra barrel to cut and thread for a suppressor. If this dosent pan out I will give you a shout and see what we can work out.

Thank you! - Jesse

Just handled one of these new economy SSG3000s...it looks like it could show serious promise. Roughly the same place in the market as the T3 Tactical, with a street price of about $1400. The stock and magazines need to be ditched though - someone needs to make an aftermarket replacement chassis that takes AICS mags.

I want to get my hands on one, the stock looks like it might be fine to me. Reminds me of the Blaser stock.

I'm interested in the SSG 3000. But I've read on a few forums that it's not that well suited for long range (800-1000 meters) and better suited for law enforcement applications. They mentioned the specific rail that the SSG has. I'm afraid those specifics are a bit over my head. If I want to get into long range shooting, F-Class for instance, could anyone offer their opinion on how good this would be?

It seems that everyone agrees that other than the stock it's a really good system.

We've got one on the way so we'll do an eval on it. This one has a built in pic rail, 0 MOA which is not ideal. For the old ones, Spuhr made a mount for that special rail they had.
Justin