• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SIG SAUER SSG 3000

Swift E

Private
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2008
TX, Katy
SIG%20SSG3000%20m%20US%20Optics.JPG-for-web-LARGE.jpg

Does anyone have any experience with this rifle?
I'm curious how this shoots out of the box

SSG 3000
The heavy-contoured, hammer forged barrel is fitted with a flash suppressor / muzzle brake to provide greater accuracy with reduced muzzle signature. Both the barrel and the receiver feature a black oxide finish to eliminate glare. The short, smooth 60 degree bolt throw allows for rapid operation and, like the safety release, the bolt action is quiet. A massive six-lug lockup system is used to give the SSG 3000 greater strength and accuracy, while the lightweight firing pin means an extremely short lock time in the range of 3 milliseconds. The steel receiver and bolt are both precision-machined to exact tolerances. The bolt locks directly into the chamber, eliminating headspace concerns. The ergonomic qualities of the SSG 3000 are also exceptional. The tough McMillan composite stock is designed to put the user in a natural shooting position that facilitates comfort and concentration over long periods of time without fatigue or distraction. The SSG 3000 is designed with a comfortable pistol grip and fully adjustable stock to give the shooter a custom fit. The trigger is adjustable for trigger position, trigger take up, let-off point, and trigger pull weight. The receiver on the SSG 3000 features a dovetail that will accept a wide range of sighting systems, including a factory available M1913 rail. The SSG 3000’s modular design not only provides ease of maintenance, but also the ability of the end user to easily replace the barrel eliminating costly gunsmithing expenses.

Re: SIG SAUER SSG 3000

It kicks like a jackass like yourself. You Welched on a $1000 rifle now your stepping up to a $3500 rifle without optics. This is the closest you will get to A Sig..GET LOST!!!

2m5jcpz.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: S&J Refinishing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It kicks like a jackass like yourself. You Welched on a $1000 rifle now your stepping up to a $3500 rifle without optics. This is the closest you will get to A Sig..GET LOST!!!

2m5jcpz.jpg
</div></div>

So what happened to merit this response ?

By the way, NICE !!!! Too bad MN is a no can state.

Made me an offer on a Remy 700PSS and then did not followed threw.
Did not respond to IM's or e-mails for a week.
And then a week later said "easy there! what rifle did I make you an offer on"
He is waisting peoples time here and needs to move on!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Swift E</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Does anyone have any experience with this rifle?
</div></div>

I own a Sauer 200 STR in 6.5x55. It has a McMillan SSG3000 stock so it is more or less the same rifle as SSG3000.

STR (Scandinavian Target Rifle) is one of the most common centerfire target rifles in Norway and Sweden.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2012/04/scandinavian-bolt-rifle-speed-shooting-stangskyting/

Sauer 200 STR (and H&K G3) shooting in Norway:
http://www.nrk.no/nett-tv/klipp/279486/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Swift E</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'm curious how this shoots out of the box
</div></div>

My 67cm/26.5" 6.5x55 barrel was delivered with a target which had a 1/2 MOA 5 shot group.

True, but they are still bad ass rifles that are WAY under rated!!

Not really. I used one in .223 at Sig Academy and wasn't impressed. The magazine sucks - anytime I inserted it with any force, the top round would pop out. For the money, I don't see a point of buying it vs AI or Sako.

Hello,

I own two of the SSG 3000's and you would be hard press to find a better shooting rifle. And brother I've owned a bunch. I have never heard of the SSG 3000 coming from SIG In 223. cal. I do know that they make a 22 LR conversion kit for it.
I have one of mine cut down to 16 inch's for a dedicated suppressor host.

It's light, its handy and shoots under an inch at 200 yards (5 shots). I would listen to the euro guys. They been doing this stuff for a long, long time.

just my .02 CW.

Thank you

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Andy T</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not really. I used one in .223 at Sig Academy and wasn't impressed. The magazine sucks - anytime I inserted it with any force, the top round would pop out. For the money, I don't see a point of buying it vs AI or Sako. </div></div>

Not saing you are incorrect, but you are proably mixing the SSG3000 up with something else, they never made one in .223.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jbell</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Andy T</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not really. I used one in .223 at Sig Academy and wasn't impressed. The magazine sucks - anytime I inserted it with any force, the top round would pop out. For the money, I don't see a point of buying it vs AI or Sako. </div></div>

Not saing you are incorrect, but you are proably mixing the SSG3000 up with something else, they never made one in .223. </div></div>

Indeed. It was Tactical II not SSG. My apologies.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: S&J Refinishing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Made me an offer on a Remy 700PSS and then did not followed threw.
Did not respond to IM's or e-mails for a week.
And then a week later said "easy there! what rifle did I make you an offer on"
He is waisting peoples time here and needs to move on! </div></div>

Your response to an offer from me was "S&J Refinishing has removed himself from this topic" You have great products but seem like an angry individual.

Am new to this forum. I have an SSG 3000 that shoots great but am wondering if someone knows an importer that could import several "adapters" for SSG shooters. It's just the breach end that can be threaded to fit a screw-in barrel. Thought that 6.5x47 would be an ideal round for this platform but can't get Sig barrels over here twisted right for what I want.
I have contact info from a company in Denmark that will ship but BATF says a form 6 is needed.

Any info appreciated

Am new to this forum. I have an SSG 3000 that shoots great but am wondering if someone knows an importer that could import several "adapters" for SSG shooters. It's just the breach end that can be threaded to fit a screw-in barrel. Thought that 6.5x47 would be an ideal round for this platform but can't get Sig barrels over here twisted right for what I want.
I have contact info from a company in Denmark that will ship but BATF says a form 6 is needed.

Any info appreciated

Reaching. You could contact EURO-Optics in PA. They are a bid dealer.

You could call Blaser / SAUER in Texas and see if they can do something.

Maybe SIG in the North East, but I am not sure if you actually talking about a SAUER rifle or not.

TTR