• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Sauer SSG 3000

Re: Sig Sauer SSG 3000

Nice rifle, heavy but good accuracy. Just shot it a few times, couldn't complain. One of the few good weapons made by SIG Sauer.

Did not like the old wooden stock, though, the new ones got composite if I remember correctly.

FWIW, I have one, and love it.
Replacing my barrel, if it ever goes, will be a major pain.

Most folks here prefer the Rem 700 as a platform to build their perfect rifle upon.

I have had other 308s, including a couple GAPs, but the SSG3000 remains as my only 308.

Bill: Order a new drop-in barrell from Border Barrels. Or from Sig. No gunsmith needed.

Well the drop in barels from border are really nice, Sauer barrels are a bit cheaper though.

Surgeon Predator yeah the new SSG 3000's has a stock from McMiillan instead of the laminated one.

I got to finger my buddies Sig SSG 3000 today. WOW is all I have to say. 6 lugs, super smooth action. McMillan stock (A2 I think he said)20 moa base and warn rings. the PO did a decent job at keeping it clean, not much carbon buildup on bolt face. The safety is pretty sweet. To turn it on, there is a button that gets pushed down(its located right behind the closed bolt handle). To turn off the safety there is a little button right in the trigger guard that gets pushed up. Trigger is nicely done too. It has a really easy initial take up. Once take up comes to a stop its a light crisp pull to fire. I get to shoot it in a few weeks
smile.gif

I've been shooting one for the last 5 years (or is it 8? time flies). A bit lighter than an AWP think it is just under 15lbs w/ scope.

Approaching 18,000 rounds and still shoots well.

Like the TRGs, very nice trigger on the SSG 3k. I'd say the TRGs triggers are a little better but not by much. The action *is* extremely smooth and bolt throw efficient.

Mine is close to 15 lbs. with a harris bipod, accu shot monopod and leupy MK4 with badger rings and US Optics 20 moa scope base. I love to shoot this thing.

I owned one briefly, and never even fired it. I had a Sako TRG 42 at the same time. In comparing them side by side, I can say they were both extraordinarily well built factory rifles. Either of them could hold their own, from a quality of build standpoint, with any of the customs I have had or handled.

That said, of the 2 I preferred the Sako. I love the TRG 42 stock. Just from a fit and finish perspective, I felt the Sako just oozed quality a bit more than the SSG.

If you are wanting the SSg, I would not hesitate to purchase one. I know they are as costly as a nice custom, but I dont think they are overpriced.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 328 RII</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine is close to 15 lbs. with a harris bipod, accu shot monopod and leupy MK4 with badger rings and US Optics 20 moa scope base. I love to shoot this thing. </div></div>

I bet you're ...lol...Can I buy it back..j/k?Yeah, the Sig is nice and a great gun. It's in the same league with the Sako TRG and very popular in Europe. The only problem is the Sig's marketing team in U.S. If the Sig U.S.A do some more promotion and more support(parts,magazine, barrel) I bet the SSG3000 will do well in the U.S market. Just don't go over 168 gr. If you use 155 Scenar with H4895, the SSG3000 will love you even more.

I think it's sad that the Sig's U.S.A forget about their bad ass rifle and concentrate on the Sig's hand guns or the 556 rifles. I met one of the Sig rep about six months ago,but all he wants to talk is the new Sig 556 pistol. I asked him about the SSG3000, he not even know any thing about the SSG3000.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SurgeonPredator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rifle, heavy but good accuracy. Just shot it a few times, couldn't complain.<span style="color: #FF0000">One of the few good weapons made by SIG Sauer.</span>
Did not like the old wooden stock, though, the new ones got composite if I remember correctly. </div></div>

Question: Who know wich is the effective range for Sig Sauer SSG 3000?

Thank you

Gekados, the effective range is in the caliber and not the Gun.
So a 308 is approximately 800 meters and a 6,5 1200m.

Its at least there they pass down to subsonic.
So go for a 6 or a 6,5 if the range and the trajectory is important.

Håkan

Here is a video of the sporting edition of the SSG in action. It uses a laminated stock, everything else is similar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfY899uNOk0 (17hits in 25 sek)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8RLm0pJ0tg&feature=related (3 targets, 1.Head size max 150 m, 2. Torso max 275 m, 3. "bunker max 225m.

This a common competition rifle in Scandinavia, used by the NRA, some 120 000 are used activly in Norway, not sure about Sweden and Denmark, but somewhere around 300-400 000 active shooters combined. Mostly in 6.5x55SE but also in 308.

Use include 3P shooting, rapid shooting etc etc..

I am agreed with you but the effective range is in the calibre, but the gun is very important also. For exemple AIAW cal.308Win 26' barrel have an effective range of 1000m and the same gun in 20' barrel have 550 m effective range..(this is the technical data).I have not too mach experience in guns...so please forgive me if I make some mistake..
Thank you for answears.