• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Sig sauer tango 4 good budget glass?

Thinking hard about grabbing one of these...great deal at $599. Would be interested to hear feedback.

I agree 600 is a steal if it's reasonable glass. Nice spr scope. Has anyone had a sig tango 4? Seems like tango 6 just has more magnification but has all the same bells and whistles as the tango 4. Anyone shot with a tango scope? Thanks

I have a 1st-gen Tango 6 3-18x44. It's hard to tell how the glass compares to a Tango 4 because they don't have info listed on the website for a 1st-gen Tango 6 anymore and the paperwork in the box is pretty lackluster, but the current gen Tango 6 has apparently better turrets and glass than current gen Tango 4.

My first gen does NOT have the electronic level, and it is a 30mm main tube. The newer ones are 34mm tube, supposedly better glass and better turrets, the electronic level, and more variety of reticles than my basic milling reticle.

That being said, I like the one I have. The turrets are decent and the glass is definitely serviceable. I liked it better than my Weaver Classic or my Vortex Viper. It was my favorite, until I got a Kahles.

Reactions: lkluemper00
SO definitely at bargain price. It's definitely worth it. How do you know what gen each scope is? I wonder if these are the last of the first gen models?

SO definitely at bargain price. It's definitely worth it. How do you know what gen each scope is? I wonder if these are the last of the first gen models?

I don't think you can for sure say its worth it. Glass quality may be different than the Tango6. I had the same 1st gen Tango6 3-18 and it's glass was great. But that says nothing about the glass on the Tango4. Could have been totally different. Just no specs to tell for sure.

And, to be clear, the Tango4 does not have the electronic level.

I was tempted to get one but it's not all that great a price after tax and all. I can get a PST II FFP for similar end cost and I know I like that vs taking a risk on an unknown scope.

I think Sig is offering a 30 day return period so you could take the risk and see if you like the scope.

I had one for a little while until I decided to go a different direction. I feel it's a great budget option. The glass is good, turrets felt nice, illumination was bright enough, loved the center dot reticle, fairly lightweight. I didn't particularly care for the grey color, but that's ersonal preference and I think they switched to black on the new ones. I didn't box test it so I can't comment on that. Also, I don't really have any other scopes in that price range to compare glass unfortunately, but I don't think you would be disappointed. It seems like folks shy away from the Sig scopes around here and I'm not sure why. I assume because they are unproven at this point. Hope this post helps a little. I may consider getting another at the price you listed for a gas gun build.

It is a good scope. I don't think there was a Gen 2 Tango4. I only saw it on Tango6.

I have a Tango6 and Tango4. I am a little picky here. I found the Tango4 to be a fine scope, but I did not like all the advertising labels on the Tango scopes, and I did not like the slate grey color. So, my complaints are purely cosmetic. I would put the Tango4 on a level playing field with the Vortex PST (Gen 1) and the Burris XTR-II. The reticle lines are not as thin as premium brand scopes, and certainly not as durable as mainline tactical and military scopes, but I found the glass to be very good imaging. Zoom handle was not as smooth as premium scopes. Turrets were clean and tacticle, but clearly do not have a solid clean click that you find in more expensive scopes.

Zoom handle was not as smooth as premium scopes. Turrets were clean and tacticle, but clearly do not have a solid clean click that you find in more expensive scopes.

Definitely agree on this part. The zoom ring on mine takes quite a bit of effort to move, but it doesn't feel rough. Just like a constant level of resistance. Turrets are kind of the same way too.

I'm on my 3rd Tango 4. I've had the 3-12x42,4-16x44 and now the 6-24x50 all in MOA. They are great glass for the $. At 1/2 the price of the XTR2 they are x2 better glass. I don't think they are as good as the new PST 2's. My only complaint is the dials are small and the zero stop/ clicks aren't great. These are small complaints. Overall great scopes. The sale price is awesome!

Reactions: alwaywatchyoursix
The Tango 6's are Japanese glass made at LOW. The other Tangos and Whiskey's I believe have glass from the Philippines and China. I think that the glass on the Tango 6's is very very good, on par with all the LOW scopes like the Razor Gen II and others. The lower lines I think are on par (glass wise) with those lower lines of Vortex, NF, etc. And that's NOT bad at all.

^^^^
I have shot with fellow competitors that have said to me that they think the glass on the Tango 6 is better than gen 2 razor. I'm not sure if thats true? I do like sigs glass and DEV-L reticle. If they made the scope in black I'd be sold.

I sure do wish LL would have produced an actual review of the Tango 6's. I've seen them on his rifles many times in videos. Not sure why one was never made?

Reactions: alwaywatchyoursix
^^^^
I have shot with fellow competitors that have said to me that they think the glass on the Tango 6 is better than gen 2 razor. I'm not sure if thats true? I do like sigs glass and DEV-L reticle. If they made the scope in black I'd be sold.

I sure do wish LL would have produced an actual review of the Tango 6's. I've seen them on his rifles many times in videos. Not sure why one was never made?

Honestly, I'm baffled by Sig Sauer. They start up their Electro-Optic Group poaching experts from Leupold and they spend tons of money getting it started and yet they spend nothing on advertising and their website is HORRENDOUS. I have two Tango 6's, a Gen1 2-12 and the Gen2 3-18 with the Dev-L. The 3-18 part number on the box is different than what on their website, go figure. And better yet, the manual that came with the Gen2 3-18 is the manual from the Gen1 with NO reference to the Dev-L reticle. It took forever for Sig to release the Dev-L reticle diagram so we know what it all means. Their optics are very good and they would probably sell many more if 1. they advertised and 2. made black versions (which they do, but only on specific scopes).

My buddy has a Vortex AMG and the Sig is very similar but I haven't had them side by side yet. But I also have a Athlon Cronus BTR and have have it beside the AMG and it's as good.

Reactions: strat81
I'm in agreement. I think Sig just has to many irons in the fire, to care? I had a Cronus and thought the glass was almost as good Gen 2 razor. Only thing holding the Cronus for me was the reticle. If the Cronus had the Dev-L reticle or something similar, I'd buy another. I will be buying a ARES ETR. I'd buy a Tango 6 5-30x56, but its to similar to the Gen 2 Razor. I will be purchasing a AMG this summer for hunting season and weight(great glass) of course is the reason alone.

I'm in agreement. I think Sig just has to many irons in the fire, to care? I had a Cronus and thought the glass was almost as good Gen 2 razor. Only thing holding the Cronus for me was the reticle. If the Cronus had the Dev-L reticle or something similar, I'd buy another. I will be buying a ARES ETR. I'd buy a Tango 6 5-30x56, but its to similar to the Gen 2 Razor. I will be purchasing a AMG this summer for hunting season and weight(great glass) of course is the reason alone.

Yeah, that might be the case with Sig, trying to be a one stop shop that they are a jack of all trades and master of nothing.

Did you have the Cronus BTR or the first Gen Cronus? I like the APRS reticle, it's pretty good. I do agree though as I like the Dev-L better. As for the Cronus clarity vs the AMG I literally had them side by side going from one to another and I couldn't tell the difference in clarity. Functionality though the AMG is nicer that way and the turrets are much better and it's lighter.

Honestly, I'm baffled by Sig Sauer. They start up their Electro-Optic Group poaching experts from Leupold and they spend tons of money getting it started and yet they spend nothing on advertising and their website is HORRENDOUS. I have two Tango 6's, a Gen1 2-12 and the Gen2 3-18 with the Dev-L. The 3-18 part number on the box is different than what on their website, go figure. And better yet, the manual that came with the Gen2 3-18 is the manual from the Gen1 with NO reference to the Dev-L reticle. It took forever for Sig to release the Dev-L reticle diagram so we know what it all means. Their optics are very good and they would probably sell many more if 1. they advertised and 2. made black versions (which they do, but only on specific scopes).

My buddy has a Vortex AMG and the Sig is very similar but I haven't had them side by side yet. But I also have a Athlon Cronus BTR and have have it beside the AMG and it's as good.

I don't think the look of their website is horrible, but it's absolute trash for when you're trying to figure stuff out about a scope.

Sig changes the part number every time they create a new version, but when they get rid of an old version, good luck finding any info at all about it.

I've got a Gen 1 Tango 6 3-18x44. Took me a while to figure out that the Tango 6 3-18x44 on their site was a Gen 2.

My manual had instructions for the DEV-L but I couldn't figure out how to turn it on. Finally realized that it didn't have it, when I noticed the specs for the Tango 6 3-18x44 on the website were different than the ones on the box in front of me.

I don't think the look of their website is horrible, but it's absolute trash for when you're trying to figure stuff out about a scope.

Sig changes the part number every time they create a new version, but when they get rid of an old version, good luck finding any info at all about it.

I've got a Gen 1 Tango 6 3-18x44. Took me a while to figure out that the Tango 6 3-18x44 on their site was a Gen 2.

My manual had instructions for the DEV-L but I couldn't figure out how to turn it on. Finally realized that it didn't have it, when I noticed the specs for the Tango 6 3-18x44 on the website were different than the ones on the box in front of me.

HAHA yep! I think the "look" of the their website is quite nice, but like you said trying to find the correct info is a hopeless endeavor.

They actually came out with the Gen 2 versions before they updated their website! Typically, it's the other way around. And the 2-12 was discontinued and no where do they tell you that, even to this day.

It's crazy!

I had a gen 1 Cronus. I kind of wish I still had it sometimes?

For the money, it's fantastic. I'd like better turrets but not so much that I'd spend $500 for them.

I do know they are working on a new reticle with some hide members here, so they are being very proactive.

Sorry to hijack your thread about the Tango 4 lkluemper00

I have a Tango 6x24, and a Tango6 3x18 Gen1. I have every intention of buying another Tango 4, or 6 as well. I have compared the Tango4 side by side with a PST Gen2, and I would say that they are equal in my book, especially with the Dev-L being introduced. I would put the Tango6 Gen1 on par with the Razor Gen1, the 5x30 I have used is at least close to the Razor Gen2.

I also have a Tango 4 6-24 (its actually in the for sale section). Had I not decided to go ahead an order an AMG, I'd be hanging onto it. Its easily in the ball park with the PST Gen II, but I prefer the Dev-L reticle with floating dot. That is also the reason I went with the AMG over other comparable optics.

If still undecided, I recently got a tango 4 6-24
And I am thoroughly impressed by what I got and what I paid
It has 95% of the bells and whistles of my atacr but at less than half it’s price, it’s a no brainer, the glass is better than my viper but not quite on par with my NF
Still would not hesitate to grab another, especially at the price I paid

the glass is better than my viper but not quite on par with my NF

I'm assuming you're referring to gen 1 Viper? If that's the case, it's not saying much as the gen 1 glass is pretty much garbo.
If you're referring to the gen IIs, however, I might be interested in them.

I’m referring to the gen 2
Glass quality on my tango is a lot crisper imo
I’ve been a vortex and a nightforce fanboy for a while but decided to try out the sigs when I noticed I could grab up a tango 4 for around the price of a viper
Haven’t looked back since
Best bang for buck with tango 4
The free ballistic turret was pretty sweet too but not really needed

While we're on the topic when it comes to the tango 6 1-6 models I was told by Sig that only the turrets are different and some reticle choices. The gen 1 models with the larger turrets have the same glass but can be found much cheaper.

I have a buddy with a 3-18 tango 6 and the only notable difference is that on max magnification the edges of the reticle are slightly crisper on his than my tango 4
But I am almost certain it’s because his diopter is fine tuned to his eyes not to mine lol

Can you help a newbie out? (I've been a pistolero for the past half century, but new to the precision rifle thing..) Where can I find out what the Dev-L reticle markings refer to? Are those MOA hold overs and wind adjustments? What does '8', '16', '24', '32' refer to? The manual that I had to download from Sigs website has remarkably little usable info in it...

Reactions: carolinahunter
Can you help a newbie out? (I've been a pistolero for the past half century, but new to the precision rifle thing..) Where can I find out what the Dev-L reticle markings refer to? Are those MOA hold overs and wind adjustments? What does '8', '16', '24', '32' refer to? The manual that I had to download from Sigs website has remarkably little usable info in it...

If it goes that high they are MOA. The MIL version would have a lower scale.

If it goes that high they are MOA. The MIL version would have a lower scale.

I"m probably missing the obvious answer staring me right in my face. It IS an MOA scope. Does each hash mark designate an MOA? So if I go down to the line designated '8', is that 8 moa down?

Correct, the larger numbered marks are in 8 MOA increments, it is 4 MOA per major line.