• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Sauer Zulu6 HDX Binoculars

C130

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • May 28, 2023
    Magnolia, TX
    Anyone have any experience, opinions, on the Sig Zulu 6 HDX binoculars? I looked at a pair with the image stabilization and liked them but not sure if they were the HDX model and not sure of the differences between the HDX vs. what I assume is the older model. The image stabilization seemed to work very well but would like some opinions from someone who has used them.

Just picked up a pair of zulu6 10x...was going to go with the zulu9 11x45mm but when i was comparing them the image stabilization of the zulu6 won out over the "increased" power of the 11x. Have not had a chance to use them in the field yet, that'll have to wait a few weeks. Glassed up and down my street last night in the dark, pretty clear images but whether it works well looking for fur in the forest is up to debate. Liking the lighter weight though. Currently carry the zulu5 8x32 which replaced some steiner predators. And I briefly used the sig Kilo3000 rangefinding binos but I'm left handed/left eye dominant and having the button on the right of the binos and info in the right eyepiece was annoying to me. Plus they're heavy. I like the idea tho ha.

I own both the old model and the HDX version of the 16x Zulu 6’s and just sold the older version to a buddy. They are very nearly identical except for the HDX version has a super stabile mode that engages when you turn them on and off and on again. That is pretty cool and definitely noticeably more stabile, but uses more battery life I believe.

All in all, I did not notice a major glass quality difference. One is tan and one is grey.

Both amazing binos.

Love my 16x HDX. I actually sold my NLs. For my purposes I like the Zulu6 better. Glass is not great, low light is not great. But I feel like I see things better. The NLs obviously win at very low light or if on a tripod, but just not as conducive to the way I hunt. Mostly out of a deer blind or throwing them up to my eyes in a truck. Check Cliff Grey’s YouTube video on them, that’s what made me buy a pair.

Reactions: river22
    If that’s not a review than call me sally

Sig sent me some Zulu 6 10x30s to replace a set of Zulu 5 10x42s I sent in after being dropped.

I noticed they have smaller field of view right away. The stabilization works good for scanning. It can get behind if you try and move too quick but it catches up once you stop.

They've become my go-to truck binos. Works great to offset the truck running or moving in the wind.

Still generally carry Zeiss or Leupold 10x42s if I'm walking though. Just can't get myself to carry another thing with batteries and smaller field of view for getting close.