• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Sig Scorpion Finish

Topgun823

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2009
Pineville, Louisiana
I know they are new, but has anyone else had a problem with the Cerakote on your Scorpion? Mine is flaking off on bottom of slide in the front, around the ejection port, and on the light rail. There was even a little rust under the finish on the slide.
I have to send it in to Sig for evaluation. Hopefully it doesn't take long for turnaround.
I knew "stuff happens" sometimes, just giving the heads up.

Re: Sig Scorpion Finish

Let us know has it goes. I am getting one for Christmas from my father. This will be my first 1911 and I super excited for it as I just usually shoot Glocks and wanted something more refined.

My new Scorpion finally came in today.
I sent mine to Sig four weeks ago with a Return Authorization from Cust Service Rep James Viar. After the initial response, I never heard back from the guy. I sent e-mails and left voice messages. He never told me what was going on (recoating gun, replacing slide, etc.) I finally called Customer Service two weeks ago and spoke to another rep. He told me "oh, the gunsmith's decided to just replace your gun, you should receive it in the next 4-6 weeks." Luckily it was only 4 weeks total.
I hate when reps don't follow-up with their customers, but at least I have my gun back now. Looks good, so far!

No issues with mine yet. I'm glad they took care of it for you but the wait had to be pretty annoying. Companies need to learn that they should keep us in the loop. I'd rather hear that it will be a long time and get updates, than hear nothing at all.

You said there was rust on yours? I wouldn't expect to see that. Especially on an all Stainless pistol like the Scorpion is supposed to be.

The rust spots were under the finish like there was moisture before the coating.
Upon further inspection and closer reading of Gunsmith report, I realize now that they did not replace entire gun like second rep. told me. The slide and grame were recoated. Most of my other parts were re-used. I guess this is ok, as long as they took care of those rust spots.
I guess Customer Service doesn't get very good notes from their shop. Or they just tell people what they think we want to hear.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D Constance</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The rust spots were under the finish like there was moisture before the coating.
Upon further inspection and closer reading of Gunsmith report, I realize now that they did not replace entire gun like second rep. told me. The slide and grame were recoated. Most of my other parts were re-used. I guess this is ok, as long as they took care of those rust spots.
I guess Customer Service doesn't get very good notes from their shop. Or they just tell people what they think we want to hear. </div></div>Glad you got your pistol back and hope the "work" or "replacement" pistol does not cause you any more issues, but I have to say that it does leave a bad taste in ones mouth when you are told you are getting a new pistol and then you find out you did not. BTW, stainless steel will eventually corrode under the right conditions. Lots of people don't understand that, but it will happen. Even really tough metals such as Inconel and Cobalt Chrome can corrode eventually.
smile.gif