• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SIG SSG3000??????

Stag15m4

Private
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2009
United States
Does anybody know anything about the SIG SSG3000? I am a big fan of Sig Sauer in general. I have a few Sig pistols and a friend of mine has the 556 and he likes it. I have unfortunately learned that just cause a company makes one great product, it does not mean they're all great. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Re: SIG SSG3000??????

I have had one for years. It is my "go-to" rifle.

It is a modular-type rifle.
The stock is an A3-ish McMillan with adjustable cheek piece, fore end rail installed. Butt stock is LOP adjustable via spacer system.
It has a very nice, very adjustable 2 stage trigger.
The magazine is a single stack 5 rounder. No feeding issues, ever.
The barrel is very quickly and easily removed and replaced via a receiver clamping and indexing system that is idiot proof.

US Optics makes a 20moa rail for it, which it very, very nice!!

That said, there are some very valid reasons to shy away from the SSG3000.
There was a time when availability of parts, barrels, magazines was not an issue. That time is past.
Hopefully, the importation and stocking of the SigSauer rifles will improve. I am not holding my breath however.

I currently have one and will never part with it ever.
Mine has the US Optics 20 MOA base, Accu-shot monopod and Harris swivel bi-pod.
I agree with everything said by Bill the Lurker, never had any feed issues. I have had the barrel off just to see how difficult it was, and it was easy as hell to reinstall. Point of impact only changes very little if any. The trigger is awesome and the bolt is probably the smoothest non-custom bolt/action out there.
I have located new magazines for about $90.00 each and barrels for about $1300.00.
The gun of course out shoots me by a long run.
The only thing that maybe a minor problem is the weight. Mine weighs about 15 lbs. with the mono pod,bi-pod and Leupy MK 4 4.5-15 x 50. If you find one, I would get it, the quality is great.

The sauer 200 STR is almost the same rifle .(except the stock)
Google this rifle. In Norway 99% compention shooter use this rifle.

Thanks guys, the comments help a bunch. There is also a lot of good info on the thread you mentioned Ramius, though most is directed towards other rifles The SIG info is consistent with what you all are saying. Thanks a lot

well, before this thread dies and is forgotten, if anyone has a line on barrels, or info on importing barrels, I would really appreciate a heads up.
Thinking 6.5x55 and 308.

thanks,
Bill

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill the Lurker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well, before this thread dies and is forgotten, if anyone has a line on barrels, or info on importing barrels, I would really appreciate a heads up.
Thinking 6.6x55 and 308.

thanks,
Bill </div></div>

You mean 6,5x55 ?