• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns sig tac ops 1911

Re: sig tac ops 1911

Thier good shooting guns but aside from the magwell, grips, and ambi safe their identical to the regular production guns their not built to a higher standard than say the Springield TRP models and the Springfield Loaded models. Very accurate however. My 1911R model shot very well.

I've got one. Out shoots me and feels like a 1911. Only put 32 rounds thru it so take that for what it's worth since I didn't really have time to get used to it. Feels great and fit and finish is top notch.

But with that said I'm selling mine to pick up a double stack 1911 like I originally wanted this was an impulse purchase.

one of the best buys in a good 1911 IMO and not full of MIM parts.....something about those mold lines just drives me nuts and makes a gun look cheap

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: phideaux</div><div class="ubbcode-body">one of the best buys in a good 1911 IMO and not full of MIM parts.....something about those mold lines just drives me nuts and makes a gun look cheap </div></div>

I'd rather replace a few small parts than the whole slide.

Great gun and very few is any mim parts. The only thing I didnt like about mine was that the frame was cast instead of forged. It may never be a issue but I just preferred the forged frame.

I have a couple of 1911s including a Sig. I like the Sig better then the Springfield and Kimber. It shoots well and I have had zero malfunctions with it.

Yea mine shot great and zero malfunctions, but just be aware that if you want to modify it later builders like wilson combat wont touch it.

SIGs are very fine 1911 style handguns for the money.
Last week I put 600rds thru my new RCS and had a blast shooting this little gem with no failures - factory,reloads & GoldDot.
To answer the OP's inquirey why not get the TacPac which is offered with/whithout rail?
If you go with the rail you also get the rail mounted laser with the package.
It's a few bucks less than the TACOPS but literally the same gun with a few less options but on the other hand you can spec out the TacPac the way you like.
That's the route I'm taking.