• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Sig Tango 4 4-16x44 (Newer Black Finish Model)

Imabballer

The Accountant
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2018
Oklahoma
Does anybody else have one of these? I looked around for a few weeks for a decent semi lightweight scope to put on a 6.5 grendel bolt action hunting rifle and found a really good deal on one of these.

Sig’s website says it weighs a hair over 20oz and has a zero stop as well as a “zero lock”.

Well I bought it and after getting it in it weighs right at 26oz on my scales, and does have a zero stop but no zero lock. Both of those are aggravating but I can probably live with it.

The bigger question I have if anybody else has one is how many Mils of windage does yours have? Sig says it has 26 Mils of elevation and mine has 27. They say it has 23 Mils of windage but unless I’m doing something wrong I’m only getting 12 Mils of total travel in the windage turret.

Here’s a link to sig’s website page for this scope. If you look at the models available it shows the 20oz weight and the windage and elevation travel. Mine is the Mil ranging model.
https://www.sigsauer.com/store/tango4-4-16x44-mm.html

For reference this is what the newer model looks like. It’s not the older model with the graphite finish.
49BE9596-0FC6-445D-97C5-808CE88BD709.jpeg

Last edited:
I just picked up one of these. I haven't had a chance to go through it yet. I will soon though.

If you max out the windage, loosen the set screws on the cap and recenter it, tighten screws.

The windage only has so much travel on the knob, but the turret does have more.

The advertised zero lock and lack thereof really irritated me. Sigs marketing department needs to actually talk to engineering once in awhile.

Yeah, buying a SIG optic is like opening a box of Chocolates.... you never know what exactly you are gonna get...

I just bought one of these in the 6-24x50. I cannot get a full revolution on the elevation knob. Anyone know what I’m missing?