• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Sig Tango 6 5-30x56? Input needed.

Mt_Hunt

Private
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2018
Chester, Montana
Hey all,
Need some help and hands on info regarding the Tango 6.

I picked up a 50% off certificate from Sig at a match a month ago and defiantly want to upgrade my scope on my match rifle.

Currently using a Vortex Gen 2 PST 5-25 FFP w/ the christmas tree, I like it, it just gets "darker" from 20 -25 power. Usually shoot at 15-20X. I also want to switch to mils, always used MOA and need/want to talk the same language as everyone else. It gets annoying trying to half ass convert mil calls in my head.

What reticle are you guys that have them running and what do you prefer?

I haven't been able to look through any to explore the reticle and haven't found much info on what the sub-tensions on the reticles are, looks like .5 windage hash marks, would like .2 but am not gonna complain to much if I can get a much better scope. Thanks

I have the 5-30x and liked it a lot.

During the SHTC in WA, I shot with Pete from Sig and was using my Vortex on my rifle. During the last stage, I was 10 rounds short so I borrowed Pete's Rifle and shot his 5-30x. The Sig was noticeably better when peeking into the woods to shoot targets hidden among the trees.

Reticles are personal choices, pick the one you look best from a first glance. it's like picking a color, I cannot tell you what your favorite color is.

I like the floating dot of the Sig reticle, and I believe I have the Gen 2 style vs the Horus looking one

I have the 5-30x and liked it a lot.

During the SHTC in WA, I shot with Pete from Sig and was using my Vortex on my rifle. During the last stage, I was 10 rounds short so I borrowed Pete's Rifle and shot his 5-30x. The Sig was noticeably better when peeking into the woods to shoot targets hidden among the trees.

Reticles are personal choices, pick the one you look best from a first glance. it's like picking a color, I cannot tell you what your favorite color is.

I like the floating dot of the Sig reticle, and I believe I have the Gen 2 style vs the Horus looking one

Thanks Frank.. Your mentioning that in the podcast is what got me thinking about it, and I picked up my Certificate at a RTC match that Warhorse hosted in July. Reticles are defiantly a personal choice for sure I like both of the sig reticles options and a floating dot is very nice. I will have to find some to look through and see what pops to me. The level plex will be a very nice feature. Have heard from a few people that the sigs stay clearer/ brighter high up the magnification.. Thanks for podcast and all the info.

I shoot with a buddy that has one and it is very good he has the christmas tree reticle I have a Gen 2 Razor and I cant really tell a difference between the 2 in the conditions that we shoot in

I bought a gen 1 when it first came out at a time when nobody else was buying it and there was no reviews whatsoever. I like it. One notable thing about the Tango 6 scopes - I did a tracking test with 2 sig tango 6, one vortex razor amg, one kahles k624i, one steiner t5xi, one s&b PMii. Out of all of these, the two sigs are the only 2 scopes that tracked 100% accurately. The others are all off by a small margin.

Thanks for the info, I have been doing other reading and they seem like a great combo of features and glass.. I have until the end of the year to redeem, now to save a bit more and place my order in a month of two. Can't believe I was able to get a certificate and am super thankful.

They are built like tanks. Great scope. I have the very similar Weaver 5-30x56 just a very basic reticle. The SIG is a much better reticle.

They are LOW made optics and really, it’s pretty difficult to tell any difference between them and Gen 2 Razors.

The turrets are decidedly meh as they don’t always line up perfectly and there is some play even in the locked position. Otherwise the glass is good and the DEV-L is awesome.

They are LOW made optics and really, it’s pretty difficult to tell any difference between them and Gen 2 Razors.

The turrets are decidedly meh as they don’t always line up perfectly and there is some play even in the locked position. Otherwise the glass is good and the DEV-L is awesome.
Have no issues with mine lining up, but they do 'shift' a tiny bit when locking them down. This is normal and according to Sig doesn't effect anything. It is weird to see tho.

I have the 4-24x50. I am impressed. I think these scopes fit their price point well. But really, can you go wrong with any of these Low scopes between 1200-2200 (street prices) right now?

Most pop-up locking turret have that slight amount of wiggle in them. I have been beating up a 4-24x50 Tango6 for some time and it have handled it like a champ.

Between the excellent DevL reticle and the LevelPlex electronic level, I really like this scope. Tracking has been spot on. Weight is a bit more than I like but serviceable. Optically, it is just a touch behind the AMG 6-24x50 that I compared it to, mostly due to slightly higher susceptibility to flare, but it is not a big difference. I did not have anything else on hand that directly competes with it, unfortunately, but based on what I have seen so far, its image quality is very competitive in its price range.

Mechanically, I have had exactly zero issue.

I have only seen the 5-30x56 briefly, but it looked quite good in terms of glass with excellent low light performance.

ILya