• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Tango 6T vs ?

Monstershot

Private
Minuteman
May 6, 2013
Hi all,

I‘ve been looking into LPVO’s for a 14.5” 5.56 mini recce build and was surprised at how few reviews and comparisons there were of the Sig Sauer Tango6T. The newest one that is being used by the US Army. The relatively light weight (22oz), FFP, and DWLR6 reticle are what has drawn me. For any that know:

1. How does it compare to the Razor Gen IIe? I’ve seen comparisons on paper such as a slightly smaller fov compared to the vortex. In real life usage, how does the image on 1x compare? 6x? Does the tube all but disappear like the vortex? Is the donut daylight bright on the Sig?

2. Thoughts on the DWLR6 reticle?

3. Is the Eyebox forgiving like the Razor or tighter like the NX8?

4. How does it Compare to the cheaper Delta Stryker?

I‘d love to have a Kahles, Nightforce, or gen III budget but I’m trying to keep this to $12-14 hundred. Thanks for any experience/thoughts @koshkin

I do get that I may just need to buy one and get this info myself, but I’m curious if I should just pick up the Razor IIe and not bother.

yeah, i saw garand guy or somebody doing an lvpo "round up" or whatever, but even he couldn't get one to actually look at.

yeah, i saw garand guy or somebody doing an lvpo "round up" or whatever, but even he couldn't get one to actually look at.
Here's a quick "observation" of multiple scopes that I did a few months ago of some LPVO's that interested me

Reactions: theLBC
Here's a quick "observation" of multiple scopes that I did a few months ago of some LPVO's that interested me
Thank you for posting. I read through that one last night. The ATI is indeed compelling.

I have both the Tango6t with DWLR reticle and SAI 6 here. Both are very good scopes, although the reticles go about their business in a different way.

They are pretty easy to get behind. Not as easy as Gen2 Razor, but very forgiving still. Somewhat similar to the Stryker in that regard and definitely easier to get behind than the NX8.

Stryker, being SFP has a brighter dot, so on 1x, it is probably a better option. SAI 6 and Tango 6t, with their FFP reticles are better suited for stretching the distance a little.

ILya

Reactions: Glassaholic
I checked one out the other day at the pro shop. I didn't know what it was when I first picked it up but I really like it. I might have to get one for my 300 blackout hunting rifle.

I have both the Tango6t with DWLR reticle and SAI 6 here. Both are very good scopes, although the reticles go about their business in a different way.

They are pretty easy to get behind. Not as easy as Gen2 Razor, but very forgiving still. Somewhat similar to the Stryker in that regard and definitely easier to get behind than the NX8.

Stryker, being SFP has a brighter dot, so on 1x, it is probably a better option. SAI 6 and Tango 6t, with their FFP reticles are better suited for stretching the distance a little.

ILya
Thanks ILya. How would compare the SFP Gen IIe in terms of ‘stretching the distance a little’ to the Sig and the ATI? Which would you consider had the advantage? Seems clear the Razor beats all at 1x. If the Sig or ATI is it purely because if the FFP and reticle’s?

Thanks ILya. How would compare the SFP Gen IIe in terms of ‘stretching the distance a little’ to the Sig and the ATI? Which would you consider had the advantage? Seems clear the Razor beats all at 1x. If the Sig or ATI is it purely because if the FFP and reticle’s?

FFP gives you a significant advantage when stretching the distance. More importantly in this case is that the Razor Gen2 and Stryker have fiber reticle illumination. That means the reticle is wire, not glass etched. With a reticle like that, you can not easily compensate for both drop and wind at the same time. The advantage is that the fiber gives you a nice bright dot that is really fast on 1x.

Both Tango 6t and SAI 6 are also very good on 1x, while the Razor and Stryker are still quite good out to intermediate distances when on 6x. You kinda have to decide where your optimal compromise is. Personally, I think the best compromise is to spend the money and get the Gen3. However, I am planning to keep the SAI 6 as well. That scope is really growing on me.

ILya

RE: Stryker 1-6, probably the best value in the optics game right now in my opinion. I do agree with the pros and cons posted here. Ilya / Koshkin is not joking, the reticle is *nuclear* bright in full Arizona sun.

We are running a decent sale vs. what they are normally at. We'll also be listing the Stryker 4.5-30 and the Javelin 4.5-30 in the coming days as well.

Not our video but this guy is pretty solid:

Reactions: JDB55