• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig TANGO6 5-30X56

Zoomie

Mr. Nobody
Minuteman
Oct 4, 2010
Behind the Hesco
Has there been a review or any dope on the Sig TANGO6 5-30X56 with either the dev-l or MRAD milling reticle. I know it's FFP, the glass is Japanese. Overall I'm curious how it stands in relation to other scopes in the $2k range.

In my opinion, the Sig Tango6 is an unappreciated good scope. It performs just fine. You will not find many Sig fans, but they keep showing and improving their optic line-up. What I mean is, I think some brands are just better than their general reputation in the market. Sig and Steiner are two that come to mind that are great optics, but people usually choose another brand.

I am not sure what I would compare it to. I have used it, and used the NX8 2.5-20, and I would say those are comparable. Better than a Vortex PST Gen2, and probably on par with Burris XTR3 and Vortex Razor Gen2, but not as good as a Gen3 or an ATACR.

One man's opinion. I do not have the details to give you of where the visual differences are. I can tell you as dealer, we sell mostly the LPVO magnification of Sig, and we stick to Tango6 in the higher magnification, as the Tango4 is not worth the uphill battle against other Asian made optics. The quality of the Tango 6 and resolution in higher magnifications seems very good.

Thanks. I'm trying to re-scope my M82 and thought I would look outside my comfort zone. I typically keep going back and to the Mark 5, as it's frankly never let me down, the glass has been very good and they have a variety of reticle choices.

For the Tango6 it looks like they are phasing out the MRAD Milling reticle for the dev-l and I'm not sure how I feel about the latter for my purposes. I've been impressed with the LPVO but I am not sure if that will carry into the Tango. Not sure what glass the LPVO uses etc., or whether that's even an apt comparison.

To be frank, it also helps that Leupold, Steiner, etc. offer a very generous mil discount. Sig doesn't really offer much. Only what you may be able to get via a reseller.

YMMV

The review by BigJimFish review is very good honest evaluation. I have the Tango6 with DevL and levelplex. I recently purchased a Burris Pro 5-30 thinking I would sell the Sig. Spent a couple of evenings comparing the Sig, Burris and my Mk5 3-18 thinking I would sell the dog which I thought would be the Sig, In the end I could not say I had a dog in the bunch. Still have all three. You can pick up a Tango6 here on the Hide at a great price, I would not hesitate to buy another. I do think my fav is the Burris. The FOV and clarity are hard to beat.

That's exactly the type of review and these are the comments I was looking for. Much appreciated. At this point, reticle choices will be driving my final decision.

Reactions: Jerry V
I have them on four of my rifles and been very happy with them. I the levelplex is an awesome feature. I have own many scopes and do think it is a great bang for the buck. Scopes are a big purchase to buy without getting behind them. Currently I have one that is not sitting on a rifle, willing to let you borrow for a few weeks if you want to give it a try.