• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Sig tango6 6-24x50 opinions

aishooternz

Privates
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2017
Dog Town
Accidentally posted this in the wrong section.

So optics planet have these on special right now for $1100 does anyone have any experience good or bad with them. Is my money better spent elsewhere.

Thanks

Mike

I'd say it's worth the $. I have the 4-24x50 MOA DEV-L and the 3-18x44 DEV-L MOA as well. I payed $1,500.00 &$1,100 respectively. I'd do it again. Turrets aren't as nice as vortex gen 2 zero stop or smoothness of locking features. Glass is close to Gen 2. I worked my way through the tango 4 line, 3-12 ,4-16, 6-24 all moa (bought&sold) before jumping into the 6 line and I'm happy with the small imperfections that may work themselves out, once actually broken in? I'd preface that, its worth the money with the Dev-L reticle. Not the other ones. Thats just MHO. I'd buy a 5-30x56 if i could come across at a fair price (deal)!

Reactions: aishooternz
I have one, and like it. I have only used it temporarily (while another scope was in for repair), but it was a nice piece. It's slated for full-time use on a rifle that hasn't been built yet, otherwise I'd still be gladly using it.

I believe @koshkin has been able to play with the 4-24 Tango 6 for a while.
Curious to hear his comparison between it and the Ares ETR if price is a wash...

It's too bad the DEV-l mrad is so much more expensive on this sale ($1859). It's weird that the DEV-L MOA is $1199. The MOA scopes are a great buy for someone.

I like my 5-30 power Tango 6. If the 4-24 DEV-L was 1200 I would grab one up. I really like the internal electronic level.

Thanks for all the responses, so far it seems like a decent scope then.

I dont really mind the DevL Moa reticle even the Moa Milling reticle would suit my needs. My main concerns are glass and build quality, is it streets ahead of say a 5-25 XTR ii? (Another scope I've been considering)

Cheers

Mike

Thanks for all the responses, so far it seems like a decent scope then.

I dont really mind the DevL Moa reticle even the Moa Milling reticle would suit my needs. My main concerns are glass and build quality, is it streets ahead of say a 5-25 XTR ii? (Another scope I've been considering)

Cheers

Mike

I think it is an appreciably better scope than the 5-25x50 XTR II

Reactions: supercorndogs
The Tango 6 is in a whole different class than the XTRii. I had an XTRii and while it was a nice scope my Tango 6 is head and shoulders better. I think the only thing the Razor has on it is the turrets. The clicks are a lot softer on my Tango 6. Given the current price though it will be a hard scope to beat for the money.

Accidentally posted this in the wrong section.

So optics planet have these on special right now for $1100 does anyone have any experience good or bad with them. Is my money better spent elsewhere.

Thanks

Mike

It is a 6 to 30 power. I had one and it DEFINITELY is worth that price. Very well built. Mine was Mil/Mil.

I think optics planet deal ends in a few days so I'll hold out till the last minute to see if you get it in time to compare them

I saw on optics planet, that you can buy the black version on the 3-18 tango 6 for $2k. Who the fuck are they kidding!?!.... A color could cost you $1k. Maybe they haven’t heard of spray paint and are still living in a cave? Maybe??????.......

I saw on optics planet, that you can buy the black version on the 3-18 tango 6 for $2k. Who the fuck are they kidding!?!.... A color could cost you $1k. Maybe they haven’t heard of spray paint and are still living in a cave? Maybe??????.......

So I'm guessing you haven't seen the digital camouflage painted Hi-Point pistols going for 400.00? I wish I was kidding.

I think it is an appreciably better scope than the 5-25x50 XTR II
I sold my XTR II to get a Tango 6 in 6-24. The xtr had better turrets but the Sig has better everything else especially the glass. I like the level plex, and the reticle. I don’t like that the dev-l reticle doesn’t have uniform illumination, but I don’t use illumination that much so it doesn’t bother me. If I had a rifle to put it on, I’d be all over the moa dev_l reticle. $1199 is an amazing price.