• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Sight choices for Mossberg 590

mcm308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2008
Bloomfield, NJ
I built up a 590 with a bunch of cool stuff, Mesa stock adapter, Mesa shell holder, CAA CBS stock, Magpul Moe grip, Mesa rail... I'm up in the air on what do to for sights or a red dot type sight. Can I get some opinions ?

Re: Sight choices for Mossberg 590

Without all the cool stuff, it's just a piece of what?
Should have started with a good set of sights, just to see if it was worth it.

Start at basics!

Since my shotgun is my primary HD weapon and will only be fired in close areas, I think the factory front bead is the perfect sight. If I was a slug shooter, or used it for comps then I would probably throw on some ghost ring sights.

What are you using your shotgun for? If it's just to be tricked out and really tacticool looking then throw an Eotech on that puppy. It would be really cool looking and definately a great sight (although probably unecessary IMO).

I would also be interested in any one elses reccomendations/experiences as to what brand of Ghost ring you have used or prefer. Currently I have a plain bead.

The only thing I added was a side saddle and a light. The side saddle has a tendency to start to release the shells under recoil, so I put them in with the brass up. The light holder is a CAA that someone had in the Pay it Foreward thread, the light is a Surefire G3, it also has a tendency to slide foreward under recoil, I am going to try some friction tape to get it under control.

Moral: So now that you have all the bells and whistles on your gun, go run it and ensure it works.

For anything fast and/or close, I like the dot sight. It's the hardest thing to get wrong, and the fastest thing to get right.

I had Ashley Outdoors - now XS - ghost ring sights on my 590. They are superb. I had no trouble hitting an IPSC silhouette at 75 yards with slugs using those sights, and at close ranges with both eyes open they work great with 00 buck.

Im new to the forums, but I'd like to give another nod towards the ghost ring sights. If it is a home defense gun, I say you don't need them. However, I've got ghost rings on my 500... C'mon, we're toy freaks right!?