• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sight in dope

Logansar

Private
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2012
Fort Worth Tx
May be a stupid question but I simply don't know.... I believe this is right but someone tell me if it is....

So I have a Remington 700 that is very accurate (sub MOA) in 308. Waiting on a can for it. Knowing the suppressor changes the impact and must be zeroed with the can on .... Here is the question

Can you have it zeroed with the can and then know the dope on the zero without and reliably go back and forth? Understanding that is a quality optic on top......

I say you can.

Thanks in advance

Sarge

" Can you have it zeroed with the can and then know the dope on the zero without and reliably go back and forth? Understanding that is a quality optic on top...... "

Short answer, within a reasonable amount, yes. The more you shoot it and record the differences between a cold clean bore/cold fouled bored with the suppressor and without the better off you will be in knowing where the following rounds will go.

If you plan on mainly doing cold bore shots, I'd center the reticle on where your cold bore round will go. If you're using the suppressor and want to just shoot, I'd center my reticle on where the subsequent grouping goes and know what the hold off/adjust the first round for.

Or you could get a better suppressor that does not change your POI. :)

Pinecone I am waiting on the Form 4 ... It may not change the dope... We will see.

I thought all Suppressors had "some " effect on the ballistics ??

Some less than others.

Based on reading here on the Hide and recommendations from my shop, I have a ThunderBeast in the paperwork process. Seems one of the lowest, if not NO, changes in POI.