• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sight pushers

ironman56

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2020
I'm trying to replace the factory tall sights on my S&W 2.0 10mm , and my el-cheapo sight pusher that's served me well for glocks and Kimbers will not clear the tall suppressor height sights, all the one I've looked at online don't spell out if they work with tall sights , and my LGS wants 95$ hr to work on anything I'd rather spend that $ on a tool that I'll use a few times down the road , any suggestions.

This one has worked well on a few different handguns and tall sights for me:

Reactions: Grubber
This is a buy once cry once sort of thing. I have used the cheap shits, brass/punch and then finally this, and had to buy one. Since then have changed a few dozen sights out and NOTHING is better.

Buy it and you can pass it down to grandkids. They actually came down in price from when I bought mine about 10 years ago.

I'll try the one from Nstar since atomic says he's used it to install tall sights ,and the price is alot more reasonable , would hate to spend 300$ and then find out it won't work with tall sights , thanks for the info guys .

It works on EVERYTHING. Have used it on 1911's, BHP, Glocks , Sigs, HK, S&W and a USP45 Tactical which has taller sights than anything you can dream of.

This is a buy once cry once sort of thing. I have used the cheap shits, brass/punch and then finally this, and had to buy one. Since then have changed a few dozen sights out and NOTHING is better.

Buy it and you can pass it down to grandkids. They actually came down in price from when I bought mine about 10 years ago.
Agreed - this is the best I've ever used - will easily adjust to suppressor height sights. The only caveat - you have to buy separate slide plates for various brands / models. But, it's great.

Reactions: 07SGT4623
Just checked, and my Glock brand sight pusher tool has an adjustable height, and it has different slide plates for different brand pistols, and it even has one that fits my S&W M&P Shield 45, so i'm sure it has one that fits your M&P2.0 slide.

As DeathBeforeDismount said, the MGW SP1000 is what you want. A joy to use.

Reactions: 07SGT4623
I'm got the Nstar coming Sat, and a set of Gracie brass punches ,if that don't do the trick ,I'll drop the big money on the MGW and accessories, the nstar was only 58$ and I needed the punches anyway.

The NC star will work on a m&p, I’ve done a few. Just make sure to tape it up good so you don’t beat he piss out of it.

I’ve had one of these for years and it works on most Guns. However, it will not budge the sights on some HK’s though.

The NC came today (early) it says rear sight tool on the box , might have time tonight to try it , gotta get my ac going on the house 1st , it's hotter fish grease here in Central texas.

FYI - I’ve never been able to get my NC to push a front pistol sight, i.e. P-365, P-365XL or P-320. I tried making it work but it would not.

Now I have a few front sights that are basically permanent. I filed them to be close then thermally fit them (heat slide and freeze front sight).

With a good vise, properly shaped punches work just fine. Many years ago I started purchasing the MGW firearm specific sight pushers as that was all they offered. The Sight-Pro with firearm specific pusher mounting "shoes" is the best I have used. It will accommodate installation of tall sights. Two shortcomings I have encountered are (1) the top slide polymer support diameter was too large to install long front sights so I modified it for those situations (2) there were no centering marks to assist in guiding the sight to desired position, milled some lines to solve that issue. These Dawson front sights are 0.460" tall with room to spare.
IMG_2682 copy.JPG
IMG_8915 copy.JPG
IMG_1832 copy 2.JPG
IMG_1830 copy 2.JPG
IMG_1823 copy.JPG
IMG_1821 copy.JPG
IMG_6437M&P9 2.0  PC Dawson Front Sight Install Photos copy.jpg
IMG_6439M&P9 2.0  PC Dawson Front Sight Install Photos copy 2.jpg
IMG_6827MARYLAND GUN WORKS MGW PRO SIGHT ETCHING ALIGNMENT LINES 04.05.23 copy.jpg
IMG_5742LEUPOLD DELTA POINT MOUNTED SIG P320 S&W MP9 MP10 WALTHER PDP 01.22.23a.jpg

Last edited:
With a good vise punches work just fine. Many years ago I started purchasing the MGW firearm specific sight pushers as that was all they offered. The Sight-Pro with firearm specific pusher mounting "shoes" is the best I have used. It will accommodate installation of tall sights. Two shortcomings I have encountered are (1) the top slide polymer support diameter was too large to install long front sights so I modified it for those situations (2) there were no centering marks to assist in guiding the sight to desired position, milled some lines to solve that issue. These Dawson front sights are 0.460" tall with room to spare.View attachment 8192662View attachment 8192664View attachment 8192665View attachment 8192666View attachment 8192668View attachment 8192669View attachment 8192670View attachment 8192672View attachment 8192673View attachment 8192680
When I was shopping around that was the best design and most versatile tool I saw. If I had known then I would be building as many pistols as I have I would have bought it then. Ive paid more than $300 for parts and other dumb crap.

Thought I would update this thread , I finally got the new sights installed about 2 weeks ago , the rear sight pushed out fairly easy with the Nstar tool , just had to lube the shit out of it, what's with that, the front sight was a bitch , I finally
16923934121496030656600369858149.jpg
chucked it up in the mill vise and milled it out of the dove tail , after destroying several brand new brass punches. Installing the new XS sights was no problem, went to the range today and did my bear drill and am happy with the new sights , was trying to avoid installing a red dot on the 10mm for bear defense and these sights are what my 67 yr old eyes needed.

I'm trying to replace the factory tall sights on my S&W 2.0 10mm , and my el-cheapo sight pusher that's served me well for glocks and Kimbers will not clear the tall suppressor height sights, all the one I've looked at online don't spell out if they work with tall sights , and my LGS wants 95$ hr to work on anything I'd rather spend that $ on a tool that I'll use a few times down the road , any suggestions.
Last two times when I needed to replace iron sights, I ordered a used sight pusher from Amazon Warehouse, it is a copy of Wheeler pusher
The pusher worked well, and after I was done I just returned it, paid $5 or $7 for return shipping label.

Last two times when I needed to replace iron sights, I ordered a used sight pusher from Amazon Warehouse, it is a copy of Wheeler pusher
The pusher worked well, and after I was done I just returned it, paid $5 or $7 for return shipping label.

I'll keep that in mind, I doubt it would have worked though, that front sight was a sumbitch, wish I had just milled it out to begin with and saved alot of time and frustration, the sight picture is alot better than the photo I posted , it really is a big improvement over the stock sights and they're night sights too.