• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sighted in the 40x today

AlabamaShooter

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2008
West Central Alabama: Tuscaloosa
Finally got the 40x to the range this afternoon to get the scope dialed in. And I had the range all to myself on a pretty Alabama afternoon.
DSC00748.jpg

Thanks again to Don in SC, this is one beautiful gun.
DSC00745.jpg

Although I still need to pick up a Harris adapter for the Freeland rail in the stock, and another 6-9 swivel bipod with podloc. Looks like Triad might be getting more of my funds this month.
smile.gif

Tried out two different types of ammo in the rifle, Wolf MT and Remington Target Rifle by Eley
DSC00750.jpg

--Results--
Wolf MT
DSC00753.jpg

Remington Target
DSC00754.jpg

I think that I have a keeper. Now I need to practice a bit more and stretch her out a bit, thats for the next trip.

Re: Sighted in the 40x today

Yup Don has come across some nice ones.
I am thankful that I picked this one up from him, he was a pleasure to deal with, and a pleathera of knowledge concerning the 40x's too. This rifle is almost too nice, its made me reconsider making a clone out of it. I think I will keep it as it sits now.
Now I just need to start saving for another SN3 to match the one on my .308 so I can really strech the .22 out there.

Re: Sighted in the 40x today

I was going to suggest RWS R-50 ammo, shoots great in my Cooper.........nevermind!!

Sweet set up, I too, am green with envy.