• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advanced Marksmanship Sighting in Barrett 50 with no range time

Re: Sighting in Barrett 50 with no range time

Guys,

This book: SOTIC Manual

Showed up at my desk one day while at 1st SFGA. I was asked to review and make corrections/suggestions to the book. Some of it is good, most of it is copied or rehashed from TC 23-14. There are some windage tables in the back that are copied from a wind chart of Korean War vintage and are about 300% in error. For example, it shows the 7.62mm (bullet/cartridge not listed), deflecting only 120 inches at 20 mph, at 1000 yards. We all know that's not accurate.

I wrote 200 pages of corrections, additions, etc. It went to final draft and print as was presented in initial draft. The manual is crap. Worse yet, it's inaccurate crap, except in a couple of areas.

Trigger

I would find something that i could put out at 25 yards and would just come short of cover up the inside of the bore when you look down it. Find a way to secure the rifle and center it up then adjust your cross hairs to it. This should have you within 1 or 2 moa if there is 20 moa in the rail. But like trig said you dont know until you put a few rounds through it. Its gonna take about 20 rounds at least to get the barrel to settle down and start shooting and not coppering up. Not advisable to just start shooting peeps with it unless you know the rifle a little better.

I thought at first as I began to read the thread that Frog was a poser, but I didn't really care if he was or not. I thought the question posed was a valid question, and was curious as to the options available myself.

One thing I like about some sites out there is that if someone comes right in as a new member and starts boasting how they were a sniper, or seal, or [insert choice job here], the admins kindly request documentation supporting their claim, and if none was provided, they were banned in most cases.

Like I said, I didn't really care whether he was legit or not, however as an afterthought of the realization that Frog219 is not just another keyboard commando, I would like to thank you for your service, and continued service to this country whether it's active duty, or contractor overseas.

I myself was Army Infantry (11B), what schools I did don't matter anymore. I regret getting out as I wonder what I would be doing now if I stayed in. I often think that I had the right stuff to make it through SF selection and go on to the q-course (I think that's what they called it). It's not too late for me to go back, however I won't leave my daughters behind while I go off to war. There are many others that can, and do, and I commend them for being braver than I.

Branden