• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SightMark 1.5-5X30 TDR First impressions

Longrange****

Old Hat Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2006
Mille Lacs, MN
Well I finally picked up a close quarters scope for my M14 scout....

I figured I was taking a gamble with the SightMark....

First impressions are pretty good for this thing.

-Fairly heavy, at least it doesnt feel like plastic..
-30mm main tube (big plus for me)
-FOV 87-26 at 100 yards (not too bad at all)
-1/4 MOA (would have been ok with 1/2MOA but Im happy)
-Lifetime warranty! (big plus)
- 204 MOA elevation adjustment (I checked it 3 times....NO KIDDING 204!!!)
-Very audible clicks
-The turrets are solid with no play, if it moves at all it has clicked to the next value
-the reticle is in FFP!!!! (VERY COOL!!)
-ALL FOR ABOUT $100...You cant beat THAT shit with a STICK!!!

Only negative I can think of is the MilDot reticle is a bit small on 1.5Mag....But then you are are in close if using 1.5 and I will more than likely use the main reticle posts anyway for fast acquisition...

I havent had it out shooting yet but I plan on doing a box test the first chance I get....

Oh yea picked it up from SWFA...very prompt shipping and well packaged...Thanks guys...

Re: SightMark 1.5-5X30 TDR First impressions

I've been working on an SPRish black rifle, I need to look into this. Thanks for the heads up, hope it works out.

There will be some here that turn their nose up at a scope which is this cheap but hey some of us would need to win the lottery to have the budget others have on here....

But here is a picture of it on my M14....its a bit tall for my liking but thats kinda the price you pay with the M14 and available mounts....gotta get a cheek pad on there now....

M14.jpg

surprisingly good...The only thing I have here right now to compare it to is a Unertle sitting on my M40A1 that was put together a few years ago from 20-30 year old original Unertle parts, so Im sure that really isnt a fair comparison and my USO was sold a while ago. I didnt have time to compare the two outside today but I will do it tomorrow....I would say the optical quality is pretty damn good....