• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sightmark Pinnacle 1-6 AAC?

Fanon

Private
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2020
Hey y'all, this scope is listed for $295 right now. I understand it's an older LOW-made scope, but not sure if it's worth taking a chance on. It has 1/2 MOA adjustments (I prefer MILs and finer adjustments), but it does come with two BDC dials for 300 blackout and a reticle that has marks for both super and subsonic loads. It's a bit heavy @ 20oz and the field of view is narrow (90ft at 100 yards), but it's an FFP LOW-made LPVO for under $300. Has anyone looked through one before? How's the illumination, and is the reticle usable? I do have a 10.5" 300BLK I could throw it on, and it would free up the Delta Stryker 1-6 on there now for another use.

I've never seen it but I'm giving this a comment for a bump, I'm also interested

Reactions: Fanon
I had a Sightmark Pinnacle in the 5-30 variety. It tracked appropriately out to 1,000 yards and back but the turrets were... best way I can describe it is "gummy". Glass was good. Just... I really hate gummy turrets that when it clicks or after the click whatever it doesn't exactly line up to the next mil/moa indicator and I have to sort of manually turn the turet back to validate my destination. Drives me effing nuts.

The Brownells reticle is a hard pass for me. If they fix the reticle it’d be enticing. I was interested in the Pinnacle partly due to the 300blk bdc, but I am very happy with the Stryker so I think I’ll just leave everything alone rather than take the chance.

Reactions: JDB55
The Brownells reticle is a hard pass for me. If they fix the reticle it’d be enticing. I was interested in the Pinnacle partly due to the 300blk bdc, but I am very happy with the Stryker so I think I’ll just leave everything alone rather than take the chance.
Understandable. The reticle is what your gonna be looking at 100% of the time when you shoulder it haha..you gotta love it or atleast like it.

I have the mil-hash cross reticle version. The illumination is pretty good for the type, it's definitely daylight visible in most conditions. The ability to change between green and red is nice.

The glass is pretty typical for a lower end LOW product. It seemed pretty similar a 18x LRTS and maybe a touch darker than the Cronus LPVO.

The FOV and non-transferable warranty are the only real faults. Otherwise I'd probably have another one.

Reactions: JDB55
Given the low FOV it probably doesn't "disappear" on 1x like modern LPVOs (Razor, Stryker, etc)?
It's definitely a step behind. It's not bad, it's just not as good. Overall I'm happy with mine for the price. The attached pics are the Sightmark and a Cronus BTR at 1x. The difference doesn't feel this dramatic, but it's noticeable.

Attachments

• PXL_20220216_003644158~2.jpg
    PXL_20220216_003644158~2.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 52
  • PXL_20220216_003901430~2.jpg
    PXL_20220216_003901430~2.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 49
It's definitely a step behind. It's not bad, it's just not as good. Overall I'm happy with mine for the price. The attached pics are the Sightmark and a Cronus BTR at 1x. The difference doesn't feel this dramatic, but it's noticeable.
How is the ILLUMINATION brightness/glass on the Cronus? I like that reticle

How is the ILLUMINATION brightness/glass on the Cronus? I like that reticle
The glass is great. I don't know if it's the same as the big brother 29x Cronus BTR, but it's not far off if it is.

I'd label the illumination as daylight visible. It's not as bright as the fiber optic types or the 29x BTR. So, it does wash out in bright light against lighter backgrounds. Although I don't typically use illumination in those instances.

Reactions: Fanon and JDB55
The glass is great. I don't know if it's the same as the big brother 29x Cronus BTR, but it's not far off if it is.

I'd label the illumination as daylight visible. It's not as bright as the fiber optic types or the 29x BTR. So, it does wash out in bright light against lighter backgrounds. Although I don't typically use illumination in those instances.
Thanks for the information

The Brownells reticle is a hard pass for me. If they fix the reticle it’d be enticing.
Yeah it looked great on paper till I saw the reticle. I'm not sure why they would intentionally alienate a huge segment of LPVO users with such a one trick pony reticle.