• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Sightron 10-50x60 first impression

pd721el

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 22, 2008
Sioux Falls SD
I just received a new Sightron 10-50X60 for friend of mine. I hadn’t read any treads on this scope yet so I thought I would post my impression. Let me say that that this is not a full review and I don’t think I’m even qualified to do a review; this is just how I see it.
The scope is the SIII1050x60LRFCH it is a 30mm tube with a very fine cross hair. Out of the box, it comes with BC style flip caps but no sunshade. There is also an allen wrench and a scope cloth. The finish is matte and very uniform. The tube looks to be 2 pieces with a joint where the main tube and the ocular bell meet. It has side parallax adjustment and covered target knobs in 1/8 MOA clicks. The scope is big, 17 in long and the knobs are as tall as the knobs on my Bushy tactical. The knobs and power wheel are nicely marked. The front flip cap seemed to hang up a bit.
The glass was clean and clear and there was not any dust or obstructions that could ne seen inside the scope. I looked through it at various ranges out to about 800m. It sis very clear and even the edges were nice and clear. The field of view is small, but I have never looked through a 50 power scope before. Even on 50x it was clear. There is a ton of eye relief; a rough measure was 4-4.5 inches at 50x. I was hand holding the scope and it seemed a little difficult to keep my eye in the spot where I could se though the scope. I’m sure this would be much better when mounted. Overall I was impressed by the scope and will hope to shoot using it when the rifle it is going on is back from the smith.
Here are a few pictures; it is sitting next to a Bushy 4200 tact for size comparison.
Picture068.jpg

Picture072.jpg

Picture071.jpg

Re: Sightron 10-50x60 first impression

Scott,

Does it focus down to 10Y ? If so I'll tell my Field Target air rifle buddies about it. They like the high mag scopes because they range better on high power. Do you post on the air gun forums? I bet you'd sell a bunch of those!

I can't wait to try out my new Bushnell 3-12

Steve