• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sightron Finally Adds the S6 to thier website

fdkay

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 27, 2009
    Ingleside, Tx
    I like Sightron, they make good shit.
    But they just seem to bit constantly behind everyone else.
    They announced these quite a while ago, with an expected release of late Fall this year.
    I'm okay with the 1-6 LPVO, but why wouldn't they use the 8x erector they already have, for a 1-8?
    The 5-30 looks pretty sweet, but it is lacking in adjustment range. The 30mm tube PLR series actually has more advertised adjustment. I realize that mag range has a lot to do with it, but we are also talking 30mm vs 34 mm.
    Other than the meager adjustment range, everything else looks pretty good, especially MSRP

Reactions: moosemeat and rhsc
    Yeah, Sightron is a bit of a mystery. They have proven they can make top-tier optical systems, but their tactical-oriented scopes are always lacking a bit with some of their features. I'm guessing they don't have anyone on staff who really understands PRS shooting and don't talk much to anyone outside their own inner circle either. It's a damn shame, because they appear to have the capability of making world-class scopes.

Reactions: lash
    They are trying to catch up and are improving check out Big Jims new review on the SIII. It is a good scope.

They are trying to catch up and are improving check out Big Jims new review on the SIII. It is a good scope.
    I own two different models, I really like their products, but they always seem to just miss the mark.

Reactions: lash
    Yeah, Sightron is a bit of a mystery. They have proven they can make top-tier optical systems, but their tactical-oriented scopes are always lacking a bit with some of their features. I'm guessing they don't have anyone on staff who really understands PRS shooting and don't talk much to anyone outside their own inner circle either. It's a damn shame, because they appear to have the capability of making world-class scopes.
    Agree. Years lol back, 2019 I think, I spoke to the Sightron rep at the NRA show about the simplest things, like zero stop and 10 mil turrets. I had and still have a Sightron SIII 6-24 that has glass superior to some tactical scopes coming out today, but felt the same about their lack of features for long range and competition.

He didn’t even bother to try and be polite about his total lack of interest. I left disappointed.

Like others posting here, I’ve always liked being behind the Sightron glass, but other than F-class and other paper target comps, they always come up just short with their attempts at tactical scopes.

Like others posting here, I’ve always liked being behind the Sightron glass, but other than F-class and other paper target comps, they always come up just short with their attempts at tactical scopes.
    I've got an older 5 mil-per-turn SIII 6-24 and an SV 4.5-24x56. Like you, I find them great to look through, and they suit my target shooting needs very well, but I totally get how a lot of people pass them up in favor of scopes with more features.

I've got an older 5 mil-per-turn SIII 6-24 and an SV 4.5-24x56. Like you, I find them great to look through, and they suit my target shooting needs very well, but I totally get how a lot of people pass them up in favor of scopes with more features.
    I also have an SV 4.5-24.
    I absolutely love that scope, it is the first gen without the zero stop.
    Great glass, and I happen to like the reticle.

Reactions: lash and rhsc
    I have a fairly long and good relationship with the powers that be. If you'd like to PM me specifics of what you'd like I can incorporate it into my meeting at SHOT Show. Thanks for your interest

I have a fairly long and good relationship with the powers that be. If you'd like to PM me specifics of what you'd like I can incorporate it into my meeting at SHOT Show. Thanks for your interest
    My only wish,and i would buy today a simple mil hash reticle with the floating dot available with illumination on the SIII PLR.
    For me that would be the perfect hybrid scope.
    Otherwise that scope checks all my boxes.

Reactions: Earnhardt
    Sorry for the thread revival.

I thought the S6 5-30 was going to be my next scope but, disappointed to see in the specs that it has a wire reticle.

Reactions: hectorso27
    Sorry for the thread revival.

I thought the S6 5-30 was going to be my next scope but, disappointed to see in the specs that it has a wire reticle.
    Yeah, sometimes the folks writing the website info screw up.
    Not saying that is the case, but how do you do a christmas tree reticle with all those holdover points in a wire reticle?
    Maybe @gr8fuldoug can call and find out for us.

Reactions: my87csx481
    Looks like they're trying, but still a swing and a foul ball instead of a straight miss.

I love my SII big sky for fixed distance paper punching.

I can't bring myself to spend the money on the tactical scopes with the other options on the market.

Sightron really needs to add a middle ground to their lineup. Their 4-20 Stac is great accept it isnt. The 3-16 is also really close. If theu could make a 4-20 $1200 scope with 10 mil turrets itd be specatular. They always seem to just miss the mark. Mil Hash is honestly one of my favorites.

The 6-24 is a great scope. Bring the bottom end to 3.5 and it would be even better.

<apologies>Zombie scope thread march</apologies>
    I am saving for this scope to go on top of my 750 target rifle - Ruger RAP with MDT chassis, handloads etc..
    I built the rifle with SWFA 20fixed and it is just not good glass. Its milky and there is what looks like a pube in the upper right corner. When I go from it to my SII 10-50 on the big gun it makes my eye want to jizz in the reticle.

On fun projects I normally go minmal or maximal. Well the minimal scope is about to be replaced with the maximal version. Before I bought my other sightron I did quite a bit of research with primary functions being Glass, Second Focal Plane, MOA tree reticles. I don't really care that much about dialing because once they are on, I just hold. This is for benchrest/known distances primarily.

Anyway I'm looking for any other videos/reviews/comparisons on this scope. In the meantime, here is some footage shooting the Iveytron (Ivey adj. scope base/Sighton) - another reason I don't dial...
    Hope all here have a great weekend!
    RUMBLE BABY! - where we can load std. capacity mags on camera...

I do not have a review or video for you, but can tell you that I am duly impressed with the clarity and overall functioning of this scope. Comparing it to a Bushnell XRS2 at 30x and this scope at 30x is night and day. This was at a mile, when I was getting quite a bit of mirage and had to back off the Bushnell to 20x to cut the mirage after reading it. The Sightron at 30x was beauteous. So nice.

The Sightron belongs to my buddy and the Bushy to me, but I spent a good amount of time on both comparing them. I knew that I wanted one before, but now I’m digging through all of the couch cushions and working street corners to save up for one. 😁

Reactions: bobke
    Ironically my friend just got a bushy for his 6.5 - I'm not sure which model it was but it was in the 700 range. Where did he get his Sighton? Was it the new S6? all the places I see are out of stock.
    Thanks for the comparison.

Ironically my friend just got a bushy for his 6.5 - I'm not sure which model it was but it was in the 700 range. Where did he get his Sighton? Was it the new S6? all the places I see are out of stock.
    Thanks for the comparison.
    No, my apologies for mistaking this for the Sightron SVIII thread. It was the SVIII. That S6 in 5-30 looks great for that price.

My personal experience has been that Sightron glass outperforms others within their price class. My 10yo SIII 6-24 Mil Hash still stands up to glass costing more today from what I see.

I guess that you could say that I am somewhat of a fan, though I only own the one and have many more much more expensive scopes from a number of the big names.